Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 21:47:15
Page:  1 
What's poppin' in Corktown Started by: queenie on Nov 29, '15 04:09

queenie had been frantically getting her affairs in order over the weekend. As well as shipping in hundreds of crates of tea, there was a mountain of official paperwork to be done. Knowing that it was rapidly becoming far too much for her to handle alone, queenie decided it was time to arrange for the establishment of another boss in her district. Someone who could share the work load and ease the pressure.

Whilst in the middle of scribbling her signature on documents which would legitimize much of her criminal enterprise, she stopped and looked up to find Deces standing before her. TIIYAH had lead her in through the side entrance, a super secret bookshelf hidden door, the kind you have to pull an old style torch to access. Anyone who saw this torch would have worked out immediately it didn't belong in this building, nevermind this office.

queenie explained the current situation of the family's business in black and white to TIIYAH and Deces. They both understood what was going on, how things were to move forward and both were in agreement to the plans arranged.

"Now that we're clear what's happening here, Deces, I'd like you to go ahead and set up operations in one of the other fortified properties currently at our disposal. Whatever signs you decide to hang up on the fronts I leave to you, so long as it doesn't draw unwanted attention from the federal agencies who aren't on our payroll."

With that Deces leaves the office. Finding Chong already in the sitting room patiently waiting whilst grinning. They make a list of a small group of Corktown's mobsters to take with them, to assist them in setting up the new business fronts from which they will now be operating out of.

TIIYAH motions towards the documents on queenie's desk. "So you've been given the nod to claim GodMothership of our district by our Chair GodMother Visas ... No wonder you've been so busy lately. We'll be moving up to the special, reserved penthouse fort, I presume. The mayor won't like that, he'll hate not being able to claim a cut of our action."

queenie shrugged. She always hated that bloated cigar smoker. He was more corrupt than she was, but worse, he was untouchable. Killing government officials would definitely be ruinous for the mob. She smirked, knowing that once she had moved her district wide operations upto the penthouse fort, he and his local agents weren't going to be bothering her for kick backs any longer.

"Here, TIIIEAH." queenie hands a set of keys to the HQ to TIIYAH. TIIYAH looks puzzled for a moment and asks why she was being offered these. "You already gave me a set..." She takes the keys out of her pocket and jingles them infront of queenie "You losing your marbles in your old age?"

queenie resisted the urge to kick TIIYAH in the shin and explained that this set was to be given to a new right hand of her choosing. queenie explained once she had redirected her official mail to the new residence, that TIIYAH wouldn't be coming along. Instead she'd be remaining here to continue running the daily operations of the family.

queenie went to her chair behind the desk, opened the top draw and took something out. standing back up she walked to TIIYAH and thrust a paintbrush into her hands.

"I know you never cared for my sense of style in this office, so feel free to re-do it as you see fit. Same as the businesses the family operates out of. They can be re-signed to your choosing."

queenie returned to the desk, buried her face in the mountain of papers and continued scrawling her X on them. Trusting Deces and TIIYAH to handle the districts affairs whilst she got on with what needed to be done.

Report Post Tip

Captain Darling bowed graciously before queenie.

"Congratulations, Your Majesty. I'm so very excited for you and so very thrilled that you've seen fit to give me extra duties, because I clearly didn't do enough for you before."

queenie looked up and crinkled her small nose at Captain Darling.

"You're just excited because you get to move into a bigger bedroom, Darling, aren't you?" 

Darling wondered how queenie could possible know this. It was true, of course it was. He'd  had the room he wanted picked out for a few weeks and had already decided how he was going to arrange all his belongings.

queenie gave Captain Darling a stern look as she pulled a book out from a desk drawer.

"I was reading your diary, Darling." queenie placed the book in front of Captain Darling and continued.

"Now, before you get all excited and go jumping on your new bed, you have work to do. I want you to take all my new bath towels and find someone to embroider them with a fancy gold "GM" on them. When you've finished with that, I want you take this stamp I had made and stamp all my tea crates with it"

Darling took the rubber stamp that queenie offered him and looked at it, it simply had the letters GM, for Godmother on it. Darling sighed, this was going to get old very quickly, he just knew it.

Report Post Tip

Visas had sat in her office going over the plans that queenie had presented her to seize control of Corktown from that fat cigar smoking oaf Visas was not sure of a few things like dumping all the coffee into the Detroit river. Cpt_Darling had told Visas to just humour queenie when she puts a plan into motion so Visas had gotten Jake_Ballard and his crew from Black Bottom to undermind the Godfathers business operations taking away his focus from queenie which in turn helped queenie to slip by unnoticed for the most part.

Visas herself sent out the Downtown Demetia patients to rescue the crates of coffee that was to be dumped into the Detroit River but Memento_Mori had forgotten why he was in Corktown and took his crew on a pub crawl this move had the Godfathers crew tracking.

Memento and his patients all over Corktown leaving it wide open for queenie to seize control though Visas had lost the chance to corner the coffee industry her captain queenie had finally gained her throne in corktown.

Queenie you have worked that booty off for me since joining the Exiles i can say that the wait was worth it and i could not be happier for you congratulations.

Report Post Tip

TIIYAH had the biggest grin on her face, she was so happy that she could share this moment with Queenie and Deces, after all she had seen all the hard work that they had put into the family. She was extremely proud of the both of them. She gave them both a big hug while congratulating them.

Well, it has really be a pleasure and an honour to work with the both of you's, I am a little sad that we will no longer be under just the one roof but i know that there are much better things for the future of Corktown and that we did need a serious upgrade as we were running out of room.

Congratulations on becoming GodMother Queenie, you really deserved this with all the hard work, time and sweat that you have put into The Motorboat City Monarchy family and I know that you will continue to do us proud as always.

Also a massive Congratulations on getting your own HeadQuarters Deces, you were a big help in The Motorboat City Monarchy and i know that you will do fantastically with your own family. So i really wish you the best, even though you wont need it cause you are already great.

With that TIIYAH then made her way to her own HeadQuarters that Queenie had handed down to her and started to get ready to remodel the place that suited her own style, first of all by putting coffee that she no longer needed to hide from Queenie into the kitchen, Tea didn't really do much to help her hangovers after a night of drinking.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What's poppin' in Corktown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL