Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:24:24
Page:  1 
Sad news about Keenos Started by: joanne on Dec 09, '15 19:07
My brother Daniel - you may know him as Keenos - received an Email from your site today and it reminded me of how often he used to spend on here and how much joy it bought him.

Sadly he died late last year.

For those who do not know, Danny has suffered from long term psychosis issues. It caused him to have huge mood swings and multiple forms to his personality. On good days he was a wonderful, loving brother. On bad days he was a truly problem person who would often put others into harmful situation as well as himself.

Since the age of 15 he has been medicated and this enabled himself to live a fairly normal life. Including going to university and for a few years living in his own hime.

I know he often used this site as a way of release. A place to let some sides of his personality run wild where in his mind it caused no harm to anyone. It was his release. His sanctuary.

He often did not realise when he was hurting people. We had to learn to forgive his behaviour during his dark days. Knowing at some point he would be happy again.

Sadly Daniel often came off his medicine and over the years has been hospitalised numerous times. It was when he came off his medicine that he was at his worst. You never knew who he would hurt. Including himself.

Last winter he committed suicide. The devils that lived in his soul had finally won.

We as a family are now content. Daniel is in a better place. A happier place. Finding where Danny enjoyed his times, when both under a good cloud and bad cloud, and telling, explaining, his story has helped me deeply.

It is nearly a year to the day that Daniel took his own life. The email that came trough made me smile. And writing this has bought back plenty of memories. Hopefully as the anniversary of his death looms, I will go onto the many message boards he posted on to stories people have written about his life.

To those that bore with him during the dark days. I thank you. For those who he might have hurt, I am deeply sorry. But he did not mean it.

He was not always the easiest man to live with, but he was certainly the greatest.

I will love him forever.

Joanne
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This is very sad news to hear. I had been wondering about him recently. He was a nice person to know, and I hope he has been at peace.

Report Post Tip

I am very sad to hear this, I did not know your brother personally but it always saddens me deeply to lose a member of our community. 

It is always tragic that good people are often those who are affected by terrible problems and I send my deepest condolences. 

I am sure that there are many people here who will remember him fondly and will be very sad to hear this news. 

It is very brave and conscientious of you to pass this news on and again, I am very sorry for your loss.

May he Rest in Peace.

Rory  

Report Post Tip

I am sorry for your loss, losing someone even if you met him online is always sad news.

RIP Daniel

Report Post Tip

I'm so very sorry to hear of your brother's passing. 

Report Post Tip

This is sad news for a very tight knit community.. 

I didn't know Keenos, or I didn't play when he was around, but I'm sure he is greatly missed by many.

Rest in peace Daniel.

Report Post Tip

I'm afraid it's a dark year for all of us.

My condolences go out to your brother, and I do understand what you're feeling at this exact time..

Report Post Tip
Sigh, each and every year we lose veterans of this life to the inevitability of death. It really doesn't get any easier.

Regardless of his mood swings, Keenos was an epic player here. But you know, that is one of the most beautiful things about this place and o think you said it extremely well Jo-Anne. This place is a release for most of us from the daily stresses of life. Be it an escape from work, nagging parents or spouses, mental instabilities etc you can always find a place here to forget your worries or someone within the great community to share them with. It would seem to Keenos like many others this place was more than a game, but a way of letting loose.

Keenos understood this and I believe that is one of the things that made him a great player. He understood that this is a game and he also understood the benefits of playing it properly, not just in game but in his own mind as well.

Rest in peace fella.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Joanne*

Damn auto correct
Report Post Tip
Well, damn. I read this earlier today and have been unable to comment until now. While Dan and I had our ups and downs (We argued a lot and stuff n stuff.) I always respected him. He was a great guy deep down, I could see that. This news saddens me greatly. I was gone for a while and since I've been back I wondered what had become of his argumentative butt, sadly this is what happened. I'm so very sorry for your family's loss and thank you so much for coming here and letting us know. No matter how loved or hated your brother was a big part of this place.
Report Post Tip

I was very close to Keenos he was a great friend of mine and I am so sad to hear this, I had spoke to him last time he came on here and never realized it would be the last.

I am so sorry for your loss and I know Keenos is in a better place now, I appreciate all the fun times he brought me in my life and I will miss him heavily.

Rest in Peace Keenos :(

Report Post Tip

This place is a release JoAnne i use it for those same reasons, Our community is very tight here so the loss of someone hits us very hard here.

It is the main reason that i continue to come back While i never knew your brother on a personal level i myself share those same demons due to medical reasons.

While mine are under control for the best part i still slip into my dark world at times its never easy to on anyone.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Report Post Tip

I'm sorry for your loss, Joanne.

Report Post Tip
Losing a loved one, especially a sibling no matter how long ago it may be, is very heart breaking. I didn't know Keenos here but I have seen him about in the past. As many have stated already, he is in a better place now. This is why we have tight knit community on Mafia Returns, when we lose a loved one in real life we lose a great person in the game. My condolences, Joanne.

Rest in Peace, Keenos.
Report Post Tip

As it's a year on it perhaps feels a little superfluous to say "I'm sorry for your loss" but as anyone who has lost a loved one will know that the pain never, ever dulls; it just rears its ugly head a little less frequently as the years go by I'm truly, truly sorry for your loss.

For what it's worth, I found Daniel to be abrasive, acerbic and extremely rude - and I loved him for it. His lack of filter made for a person who I found genuinely hilarious; laughing with, never at. He was brutally, refreshingly honest. In real life - and even on here - people can be friendly only insofar as its suits their own agenda or furthers their objectives in some way, that was never the case with Dan and in this community he never once gave me the impression that he wasn't being straight. Sometimes, yes, that manifested itself in people being hurt by his words but everyone knew where they stood with Dan and for the people he did associate with they will know behind a doubt that it was because he regarded them as friends - anything less and he just wouldn't have given them the time of day.

For anyone to take their lives is one of the most tragic things imaginable, but as much as his death represents the losing battle to his demons, his life also represents consistent victories. To leave behind a close family, to form positive relationships, to attend university and even to live alone are feats that are quite simply beyond many of the people who's paths through life are similar to Daniel's, and as far as I'm concerned that takes incredible strength and will.

Report Post Tip

Wow. Just wow. I met Dan many many moons ago. Probably on .org?

If I remember correctly he was abusing me over my choice of football team. Considering Arsenal were doing quite well at the time I didn't really have a leg to stand on.

Having read what Sprozz has said he has, as always, put it miles better than I ever could.

When he was on form he was one of the funniest people I have ever met in this world.

Your memories deserve to be good ones. I'm sure hes currently enjoying himself somewhere watching whats going on at Man Utd and calling someone awful names for his own amusement.

Report Post Tip

I never actually had the pleasure of speaking with keenos but i had heard his name a few times and for the most part i heard nothing but good things. I can relate to that problem. 

I myself suffer from major PTSD from 2 tours to Iraq and i have my good days and my bad days. On my good days i can get along with just about everyone but its the other way around on a bad day. MR is a great community with many great and admirable people. 

I am sorry for your families loss

RIP keenos

Report Post Tip
Deeply devastated at this news. DanK as I knew him was a great lad. I was unaware of those demons he faced daily but it makes so much sense now.

Very sorry for your family's loss, I also think the words expressed by sprozz are exactly how I feel.
Report Post Tip

Shit man, sorry to hear about this.

Rest in peace DanK

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Sad news about Keenos
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL