Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 18:24:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Street Speeches. Started by: Airbourne on Nov 11, '09 18:11

I have done nothing wrong but voice an opinion.

Indeed you have, here are a few of the better ones:

Others, whom usually do not hold such a position of power simply keep their mouth shut, and for doing so they are granted access to the higher ranks, like good little lap dogs.

Quite the opinion and chock full of assumptions.

as most leaders would rather simply shoot a lowly Gangster/Goomba/Wise Guy, rather than even see if that person had made a good point or expressed their own view on a subject respectfully.

Never new this about "most" of them.

And my personal favorite.

Does it matter that they gave you your own family/city? Oh hell no, you do exactly what they say without question, you never question anything. You're so afraid to lose something, that you keep your mouth shut or simply agree like a nodding dog.

Report Post Tip

Have you considered that I may have spoken to the people pertained in this speech? Or have you ASSUMED that I merely gave this speech without further talks with those select individuals?

I think you need to stop this bad habit of ASSUMING, and start speaking on facts, unless you have none? I could easily come out and say whom is involved in this speech, but talking to them directly about my opinions is much more respectful. Now I ask of you, did I individually mention YOUR name? I think not.

The people involved have no duty to come forward and speak on the matter, that is their own choice. Also, before you come out with the "Disrespect" factor of whom I DO mean? If they had an issue with me speech they would have come forward and spoken already, I would die the moment I hit gangster and you would likely never hear of me again.

So until I specifically speak to you on the matter, do not try and take this personally like you are. I see the attempt at "Gaining respect" from your peers by trying to publicly get me killed (I believe that is your goal?), but I also think it is rather pointless as this was not specifically aimed at you.

Report Post Tip

Airbourne, with all the respect a thug has earned, you are publically disrespecting a Consigliere of a Godmother family. This man has quite a bit of patience to put up with it. I am quite sure most others would have had you killed already.

You come out here to talk about how people automatically assume people are disrespecting leaders when they made a speech, however you are setting there disrespecting someone of much more importance than yourself. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

If you come to the streets to start a discussion on something, you should not turn on the people involved and start disrespecting them, especially if it is a speech about respect in speeches.

Bloedsuier walks off shaking his head in disgust.

Report Post Tip

I think Bloesuire, you have the "Wrong end of the stick" about my speech. It had nothing to do with disrespecting, it was to do with using that as an excuse to win a debate. I have not said anything disrespectful to Al_Anastasia, I have simply told him facts and opinions.

you are publically disrespecting a Consigliere of a Godmother family

Please, help me to understand how I have caused any disrespect? Or is this another way to get me killed because he disagree's with my opinion?

Report Post Tip

You have shown Al_Anastasia disrespect by even attempting to debate something in the streets with him. Until you have earned your button, you have no rights in these streets. That is why most thugs-wise guys are killed for speeches in the streets. It is disrespectful to argue with a made+ in the streets unless you are made+ yourself.

Report Post Tip

For a guy who keeps admonishing my supposed assumptions, you sure make a lot. I don't have any interest in you dying. And I gain all the respect I need by just being Al. My last comment was all fact, the fact is you said it. Sure it sounds bad all bunched up together like that, but I am sure you'll be fine.

Tell you what, I will go back to leaning up against my lamp post and leave you alone.

Al leans back and writes "Airbourne" on the "people who don't like me" side of the list.

Report Post Tip

Yet we see countless RHM/LHM under the rank of made, yet they command authority?

Please Bloedsuier, explain?

Report Post Tip

Al, I have no feeling towards you whatsoever.

You came to me after I made a speech in an attempt to debate against me (As we have done for the past few hours), I admire a challenge and I'm glad you came forward.

Report Post Tip

Airbourne, the Right Hand Man and Left Hand Man positions are even more prostigious than the rank of Made man. Therefore, a right or left hand has more rights. Now, I am done arguing with you. In all honesty, a thug is not worth my time, nor my patience.

Farewell, Airbourne.

Report Post Tip

Bloedsuier I appreciate your zeal. But really, I have no interest in his dying for anything he implied about me. I just get tired of the young mobsters trying to drive by insult the leadership.

Report Post Tip

a thug is not worth my time, nor my patience.

Yet if I wore a slanted suit you would?

That is how things are run right now, It has nothing to do with respect, nothing to do with rank. It is to do with having no answer to an argument or discussion, using rank as a factor in an argument is a poor way of defending your point.

Is my speech starting to make sense now?

Report Post Tip

Airbourne, I answered every question you threw at me. I did not use any excuse for ending the discussion on my end, other than you are not worth my time. However, that is not an excuse, that is a fact. 

The purpose of your speech went from trying to say that people used disrespect to end a discussion, then suddenly swung to every leader being a lapdog. You make absolutely no sense half the time.

Report Post Tip

Airbourne, I answered every question you threw at me.

Actually, you dismissed me due to "Rank" and did not answer my question.

Yet if I wore a slanted suit you would?

If that does change how you would speak to me, your entire comment before doesnt mean anything?

You have shown Al_Anastasia disrespect by even attempting to debate something in the streets with him. Until you have earned your button, you have no rights in these streets. That is why most thugs-wise guys are killed for speeches in the streets. It is disrespectful to argue with a made+ in the streets unless you are made+ yourself.

a thug is not worth my time

That sounds like using rank as a reason to not answer me, you do not have to, but it again answers my point at using Rank as a "Fail-safe" in an argument.

Report Post Tip

sits down as he see's this will be a long one

Bloedsuier you are a tad off kilter with that. I have taken exception to a couple of your points. Your ability to discuss or debate in the streets has nothing to do with rank. It has everything to do with delivery and the way you treat those you are speaking with. Thugs and Wise Guys etc DO NOT die for what they say usually but instead how they say it.

Airbourne You have not irritated me enough to seriously contemplate killing you until now. Your continued willingness to call people who disagree with you "afraid", basically cowards is wearing on my patience. THAT is very disrespectful and to be perfectly honest behavior of the same exact kind you are wanting to speak out against. You see, disgarding someone's opinion simply by saying "You are afraid to say what you really want" is no different than saying "Your opinion doesn't mean shit because of your rank".

I will leave this conversation very simply your City has shown over time they do not tolerate even the slightest amount of slanted or straight up disrespect by anyone of low rank, regardless of their position in the family. I would seriously reconsider your continued display of assuming everyone who doesn't ride your train is afraid of those around them...

~HF~

Report Post Tip

Your continued willingness to call people who disagree with you "afraid"

I have not called anyone whom has come forward to disagree with me "Afraid". I merely mentioned the lack of street activity by CERTAIN members of this thing of ours due to fear of death.

Al, I have no feeling towards you whatsoever.

You came to me after I made a speech in an attempt to debate against me (As we have done for the past few hours), I admire a challenge and I'm glad you came forward.

I actually am encouraging people to come forward and voice their opinion, whether they agree or disagree with me.

Report Post Tip

Con rispetto,

Airbourne.  While I do agree that people should not be afraid to voice an opinion, you must also look at it from the other side.  Those with rank have EARNED their places.  They have spoken with others and people know them, They are not just 'friends of mine' as you are, but 'friends of ours' they have made connections.  And while they may not always agree,  they will serve because that is their place.  But the difference between those in power and the petty theives is those in power have been around enough that we know what they are about, we know thier family, and whether or not they are 'men of respect.'  The young we have no such knowledge, and so we must judge them by the weight of words alone.

I don't mind a spirited debate, but, yes, you must tread lightly in matters of honor because honor and respect are the twin pillars upon which our life hangs.  If you have not been in these cities long, and if your kin are new to our shores, how else may we judge you save by what you say and how you say it.

If we are guilty of anything it is being far more trusting of those in power than those below us, and perhaps, you are right, perhaps there are a lot of young ones who are afraid to speak.  But I urge them, when they do speak, please remember to be courteous and respectful to those who have been here longer.  You never know if they will be your boss one day, and the respect you show now, will be repaid in kind later when you, yourself are in a position of power and you must decide whom to trust and who to listen to.

Report Post Tip

Well, you can expresss your opinions as freely as you can. But, in the world of mafiosos, it does not matter if they are right or wrong, if it offends someone you are just going to get fucked. There is no right or wrong. So you can express your opinions on a controversial topic, expecting your death anytime soon...

Report Post Tip

as most leaders would rather simply shoot a lowly Gangster/Goomba/Wise Guy, rather than even see if that person had made a good point or expressed their own view on a subject respectfully

Mr. Airbourne- false.

You have shown Al_Anastasia disrespect by even attempting to debate something in the streets with him. Until you have earned your button, you have no rights in these streets.

Mr. Bloedsuier - false. Attempting to debate someone of a higher rank is not inherently disrespectful, though I make no comment on this particular case. In the vast majority of discussions, it is possible for an associate to offer an opinion that may respectfully contradict that of a Don or Godfather. A brain is required, however, to discern how much disagreement (if any) can be expressed in a particular tone that will not wind up pissing anyone off. A wise man whose name currently is lost to my memory once compared speaking in the streets to walking on a tightrope. Assuming one can master this balance, everyone has "rights" in these streets.

Report Post Tip

Notices a meteor from the gods smite Airbourne.

Or that.

Report Post Tip

Oh good!

I was wanting him to die, but nothing to do with his arguments on the street, I just dont like his (dead) face.

Moral of the story:  Sometimes when you pray... you get your wish!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Street Speeches.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL