Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 21:06:40
Page:  1 
Leaving. Started by: Goodfella on Jan 19, '16 12:19

The sad truth about this game is the fact that there's simply some players that link up OOC wise and destroy the fun for everyone else, including new players like me. It took me a little less than a half year to realize that spending money on this is pointless.

Goodbye.

Report Post Tip
cya when you start back up in a few days
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

There's plenty of alternatives to MafiaReturns. I won't name any, since I do not advertise. However. That's the sad truth.

Report Post Tip
nothanks what do you mean "link up OOC wise"?
Report Post Tip
The lesson is to dust yourself down and go again.

Failure to do so means you stand no chance of being top dog and receiving the ire of the moaning thugs.
play for free then. No one says you have to spend money
Report Post Tip

It's not a "sad truth" that there's alternatives to Mafiareturns, is it? I mean, I don't consider it sad if I feel like playing one of the literally millions of other games out there for some diversion instead of just MR.

MR can be enjoyed in huge doses or small, you can choose to spend money, or not. You can try and reach the top, or just plod along at the lower ranks. You can choose to participate in ALL the threads, or none. You can go out of your way to banter and make friends or simply not.

I can't think of many other games that are that easy to get along with.

This game, like a lot of others is about what you make of it. As long as you realise that you shouldn't take yourself seriously on it,  that ultimately every single character dies, then you can choose to enjoy yourself and have fun with it... Or not, I guess, that's your prerogative, too...

I will say I think the comment about spending money is not quite fair.  MR has managed what so many other games have not, to quite successfully integrate a purchased in game currency that you do not actually HAVE to purchase, with real money, in order to be competitive.

Welcome to every multiplayer game ever where players control anything.

Seriously, you talk about this like its just a thing that happens here on MR. Hate to burst your bubble mate, but its everywhere.

In any game that allows non-Mod positions of power to be held by real players, it's more then likely, at least at one point in time, a group originating from outside the game will attempt to rise through the ranks and take all the power for themselves. It happens in text based games, it happens in MMOs, it happens anywhere that lets players have control over other players.

This is not the first group to take over the Godfather seats of MR, and it will certainly not be the last. And if you can't deal with the idea of people working together to gain power over others, then I suggest you play Singleplayer for the rest of your life.

You get nothing, you lose, Good day Sir.
Report Post Tip
Like toaly said get back and do something about it, if a noob like me can play this game with half a brain and no personality then anyone can! If no one hates you, you are playing this game wrong!
Report Post Tip

there's simply some players that link up OOC wise and destroy the fun for everyone else

It might be my experience that makes this part of your statement a bit of a bother to me. But if you have ever been apart of running your own crew, or had a hand in running an entire city, or maintaining the alliances between several cities, you will know that it is extremely difficult to do with just "In Character" narrative and tools.

You expect everything to be handled via mobmail? What happens when there is a takedown attempt, or a rogue, or any other number of urgent things that arises, are we not supposed to contact our allies outside of the game? If we are attempting to be realistic, I would be sending runners or myself to my allies and getting them up out of bed if it were a real life situation, why would we not be able to do the same thing here?

Of course some players, the ones who are usually most successful, are going to use every form of communication available to them, thats why they do so well! They use the tools that help them become organized. Asking them to code all of these kinds of things into the game is ridiculous.

Maybe I have gone off topic a little here, but I disagree completely with the sentence in the above quote.

Report Post Tip

Check out who responds to this. Yet the same imbeciles/yocrites cannot respond too It's time for the truth news.

Report Post Tip

dam im sad to see you go i aways thought you were a cool dude

Report Post Tip

A few things in here are very true. I'm not sure what to say though. People with experience will always be the better, that's how every game is. The leaked messages the other day, were disgusting though. I had the chance to cross path with you once. I hope you'll be back, you're a cool guy.

Peace for now.

Report Post Tip

There was a time years ago when many of the options you see here today did not exist. There were some OOC connections, but not many, mostly due to the fact there was nothing like Facebook, and cell phone technology was limited to T9 texting. As technology got better and communications became easier, the game evolved, as did MANY other online games. The currency factor ensures the game's continuing existence; without it, there is no way you could expect any site with this many users to run.

Report Post Tip

When I arrived to MR means of communication outside of MR were exercised via phone, email and even on other online games.  We were notified because a war was "brewing".  I was as dumb as a rock my first war but I did as instructed. While my first war was going on here, I was heading my own family  in war in another game. I was not as dumb as a rock with the latter of the two wars. ( It was my most trusted who lured me hear)

Seriously, I understand your disgust but do not give the jackasses that much power.  The leaked messages that were released were disgusting.  They ought to be ashamed of themselves but that remains to be seen by their future actions.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Leaving.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL