Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 10:49:27
Page:  1 
Why Have you Forsaken me? Started by: Rayln on Feb 02, '16 14:54

Rae was sat at her desk; her legs folded under her in the chair and was dressed in her pyjamas. “Do you have a seven of hearts?” she finally asked DannyGreene who was sat across from her, still dressed from the day  looking rumpled and less than pleased with the tiny bundle of energy sat across from him. 

“Woman, are you cheating?” he asked as he plucked the card from his hand and tossed it in her direction across the desk. “I thought you called me in here for actual business.” He finally said while he watched her neatly put the pair together on the desk with the six others she had managed to get out of him. His own two pairs sat lonely in front of him. 

“In due time, Danny.” She told him, “Jeesh, you act like you have something better to do at two in the morning.” She said to him with a giggle, “also, do you have any queens?” she asked him and when he shook his head no she tsk’d “You’re supposed to say go fish, old man.” she said as she set her cards face down on the desk and picked up her coffee mug. 

“Go fu....fish.” he said through clenched teeth.  She felt a bit bad for him, it wasn’t easy being her second in command. A mere mortal would drown under the amount of correspondence that graced her doorstep each day. She hid a smile behind her mug and decided to take pity on the man. “you are always such a gentleman.” She told him before putting her mug down. “Clearly I’m going to win this game, so I suppose until someone appears to actually put up a fight...” she smiled innocently at him, “Anyway.” She added with a wave of her hand. “I’ve been talking to WiggleButt, and he’s been pushing me to expand here in the Bronx. Same old story, apparently we can’t rebuild the city if I keep hogging all the glory.” 

“So in the morning, we’ll be setting MissNiki up, that woman has earned it. I mean, she puts up with the pair of us.” She reached out and picked up a card, which just so happened to be a queen. She laughed with delight and put the pair down with the others. When she looked up again Danny had completely abandoned her to go to bed. “Well, thats a bit rude.” She muttered before gathering the cards and making a mental note to introduce her right hand to fifty-two card pickup in the morning. 

The next day over coffee with her dear friend MissNiki, Rae explained to her the plan for the Bronx. “Look, I can’t think of anyone else who would has earned it more at this point.” She told the woman as she tore off a bit of her blueberry muffin. “I know you’re going to do great things, which is exactly what this city needs.” She popped the bit of the muffin in her mouth and chewed. Once she washed it down with some coffee she said, “Damn, I’m going to miss you around here.” She told Niki with a sad smile. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Jay Gatsby claps his hands for the new authorized figure.

It is very good to see the Bronx expanding. It is very good, old sport, to see new faces shine and take on roles to lead and help others. I look forward to what MissNiki will bring to the table and how she will help improve the overall state of this world we live in. 

Gatsby raises his glass and toasts MissNiki 

Good luck to you old sport. 

Report Post Tip

Hearing the news that MissNiki will be expanding the city of New York was just the type of thing Al was hoping for. 

"Congratulations MissNiki!   This opportunity has been well deserved and I look forward to helping you in any way I possibly can. "

Report Post Tip

MissNiki smiled at Rayln, not only because she had a blueberry stuck in her teeth, but because Rayln had decided that she was worthy of such a honorable promotion. She had worked hard since she had gotten to these shores and she would do her best to do not only Rayln and Wigglebutt proud but, all of New York as well.

She stood up and wrapped her arms around Rayln. "Thank you for taking this chance on me. I'm so excited to expand the Bronx! I will miss you so very much, but, I look forward to having coffee and muffins with you each morning as we discuss our plans for expansion."

With the final hugs given, MissNiki headed off to the new headquarters to do some much needed renovations. She was excited to start a new journey in her life, and sad to leave behind those that had helped her grow.

Report Post Tip

It was one of those rare moments where Ripley was actually in New York city. Somehow he didn't go there often. As he was walking through the streets he noticed a group of people congratulating someone. Anxious to see who was getting congratulated and why, he decided to blend into the crowd. That was when he saw an old friend on the stage getting congratulated on her promotion. MissNiki ad earned her own family. 

"Congratulations MissNiki, I know how hard you work and this promotion is more than deserved. I wish you all the best of luck, and to Big_Al as well." Ripley says to MissNiki. 

He then moved forward to shake her hand and tip his hat. He then wondered off into the dark.

Report Post Tip

Danny finally showed up to the celebration. He had spent the entire morning picking up Rayln's messes.

52 cards my ass.  Along with muffin crumbs, wine bottles, and about 312 messages in her in box.....

He searches searches the crowd and finally locates MissNiki.  He gives her a hug that is usually reserved for his tyrannical boss lady, nearly squeezing the breath out of her.

Congtats my friend!  I have no doubt you will do great things for this city!

Danny shoves a muffin in his mouth and immediately begins to clean up the mess from the party, knowing that Rae was going to tell him to do it later anyways.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BretTheHitmanHart finally finished all the autographs and pictures for his beloved fans. They prevented him from listening to another speech given in the streets. In that one he gave his opinion about leadership and what it took to be a leader. He wanted to let MissNiki know that he hopes she continue the trend. To be a leader.

"It is such a nice day to see the great city of New York grow. I hope you guys achieve something close to what the city once was. Having been there myself at Madison Square Garden for shows, I love the city of New York. Their fans, their food, their way of life. Its glorious."

Bret saw the many people giving their congratulations and wanted to make sure MissNiki got hers, from yours truly.

"Congratulations MissNiki!"

Report Post Tip

Having travelled to New York to conduct some business transactions, Kratos overheard that MissNiki was being given the key to her own HQ. Making his way down to Shameless HQ, there was already a crowd when he got there. Kratos waited patiently for the opportunity to present itself, before approaching MissNiki with a warm smile.

"Congratulations on opening your own crew ma'am. I'm sure the Bronx would be a much better place now."

Kratos tipped his hat and gave MissNiki a warm smile, before taking a step back to allow others to congratulate her.

Report Post Tip

OFAR was out rippin' through New York for the first time in a long time.  He double parks his jacked up pick up truck on the side of the street and walks to the front door of the HQ.  Niki was already set up in HQ and the party was long over save for a few scragglers who just didn't know when to quit.  They all seemed to have plaid jackets and lumberjack beards.  Funny how that happens....

OFAR knocks on the door of the HQ to have Big_Al open up.  OFAR hides his beer inside his head and nods respectfully. 

"G'day there sir.  I was just out gallavanting these streets and something stuck with me.  A premonition, or a sixth sense if you will that I would be extremely remiss if I didn't get here to pay my respects."

Al looks at OFAR up and down.  Canadians...  They're always so rough around the edges, but so polite and respectful at the most unsuspecting times...

Al opens up the door a little wider and OFAR comes in and wipes his shoes off.

He sits at a table and puts his beer out from under his vest onto the table as well.

"Missniki, you have a history with my father as I understand it.  There's no one that he held in higher respect than you.  I read something that one time.  I forget when exactly, but it left me feeling that you were a great person.  If I don't know anything else other than that it makes me know that no one will have worked harder for this opportunity than you, and you're going to be a great crew leader."

OFAR stands up and lights a dart as he walks back into the Bronx streets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why Have you Forsaken me?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL