Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 10:13:36
Page:  1 
One Chapter Closes.A New One Begins Started by: TonyCapazzoJr on Feb 03, '16 20:15
It was a gloomy day and a bit dark outside. No matter how bad the weather was Tony had plans today. It was something he had been thinking of a for a few days now and with him recently acquring his button with his Mano Di Morte family he thought now might be the right time to do this. Tony looked himself in the mirror and straightened his tie. Once he was done he put on his suit jacket and walked toward the front door.

When he came outside Paulie was outside smoking a cigarette.

"Ready boss?"

Tony had recently hired Paulie as his driver amongst other things. Although Paulie always helped Tony with various duties he was never really getting paid a recurring salary, it was always a little cut of this and a little cut of that. Now that Tony was a made man different opportunities and deals came to the forefront and he was making a good amount of money now. He decided to put Paulie on his payroll as his driver so Paulie could get some steady income. It was Paulie's reward for sticking by Tony even when Tony didn't have much, Paulie sometimes worked for nothing but things were looking up for him now with this new income.

"Yeah Paulie, let's get out of here."

Tony walked toward the car and got in. Paulie began to drive as the two spoke.

"So everything is a go in Old City. Construction has already begun and those guys from New York promised me they would have everything up and ready for me to open the doors within the next 14 days."

"That sounds great!"

"Yeah, its going to be great. I might have to go to LA later this week, I am going to need someone for opening night. I have to get with some of my contacts....aye Paulie?"

"Yeah boss?"

"I have to talk to you about something important regarding this new place, but not right this minute. There is plenty of time for that, just remind me..okay?"

Paulie nodded.

"Yeah sure, you got it boss."

The two continued to drive and converse. After about 20 minutes Paulie made a right turn into their destination. It was the Philadelphia Cemetery. As they entered Tony looked down at a glass case that was resting in his lap. They continued to drive down a dirt road path and then after a minute or two the vehicale came to a stop. Tony looked at Paulie and nodded.

"I'll wait here."

Tony again nodded.

Tony took a deep breath and then opened the car door. He carried the case on his side and walked around a few tombstones. Finally he reached the one he was looking for.

'TONY CAPAZZO - JUNE 15TH 193-'

The last date for the year was covered by some leaves that had flew by. Tony wiped it away and looked down at the grave site. His father had requested he be buried in Philadelphia should he ever fall, it was the place he started his journey in this life and it was the place he wanted to finally rest. For this and many more reasons Tony Jr. felt a closeness with Philadelphia and was so glad that he was part of the great city that made his father the man he was and gave both of them everything in their lives.

Tony stood there for a moment trying not to get emotional but he was only human, he dropped a tear. After taking a deep breath and wiping the tears away he spoke.

"Hi pop. After all this time I finally get to talk to you. I never would have expected it to be here and like this. Pop I just want to tell you that I now understand. I understand why you were away so much. I understand why I could never go with you on your 'business trips.' I understand why you bust your ass day in and day out, it was so you could give me everything. You gave me the world pop and I am so grateful for that and for you. 

I want you to know that I have followed in your footsteps. This life has been hard pop but I think of you every single day. I read your diary and see how you handled the tough situations in your life and although you're gone you continue to teach me each and every day.

As for me, I am doing fine, I am based in Philadelphia and am with a fine family."

Tony smiled and let out a slight laugh.

"Even got my button yesterday. You hear that pop? Your son was made yesterday."

Tony smiled again and nodded at the irony. It was literally 2 1/2 weeks ago last year that his father got his button and fast forward one year 2 1/2 weeks later here was his son earning his.

"I will continue to make you proud everyday pop. I know your diary says to never give up and continue to work hard. Everything you've outlined in there for me I am putting to use every day from the time I wake up until I lay my head down to sleep."

With that Tony took the glass case and set it aside his father's headstone. In the glass case was a green ribboned fedora. It was his father's most valuable prized possession. He always wore it, from the time he was just a small time guy working his way up the ranks in this business all the way to his Godfather run. As the story goes, Tony Capazzo Sr. was gifted this fedora by Scriba when Tony Sr. got his button. Tony Sr. and Scriba would go on to be the best of friends and after Scriba fell in war his son, Scarfo, would go on to be mentored by Tony Sr and one day become his Right Hand Man.

Tony Jr. looked at the fedora once more. He wanted the glass case on there to protect it from the weather or any debris that might fly around during windy days. With that Tony kissed his hand and touched the glass case with his father's fedora in it and then kissed his hand once more and touched the headstone.

"Love ya pop."

Tony turned and made his way down the path to where Paulie was parked. This was a chapter Tony needed to close in his life. He was glad and relieved he finally did it. Now that this chapter was closed, he could begin a new one.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: One Chapter Closes.A New One Begins
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL