Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 02:29:37
Page:  1 
Something Old, Something New Started by: Cordelia on Feb 04, '16 05:10

She stands on the front step of a sizable storefront with warehouse space attached. The outside freshly paints with a new awning and a sign covered with a large sheet, a rope dangling from it to the ground. Coughing slightly she decides to address the people that had heard rumours of her grand opening.

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something caffeinated. That's how it goes right? I think it is, I've never been one for tradition.  It's so overrated these days with more new bloodlines than ancient.

I come to these amazingly active Streets today to grace you with my presence. Some of you may know me as the AMAZING Right Hand Woman to Jake Ballard in Black Bottom, Detroit.  Some of you may not know me at all, I'm good with that. I've tried to keep under the radar so I'm glad to see I may have succeeded. Those coppers man, they'll lock you up for anything these days.

Anywho, as you have probably already seen or heard I've been given permission to start my own operation here in Black Bottom by my fantabulous bossman. Really, I think he's just wanting me out from under his roof and is willing to do anything to make sure that happens. Regardless, I shall be opening my own place of business. A REPUTABLE place to grab a cup of Joe and a snack during the day. What happens after hours? That's yet to be determined.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Jake_Ballard for this opportunity. He's one in a million. He'll probably be lost without me and regret this soon enough. I'd also like to thank all current and previous members of B613. To Miss Lucy, god I love you woman. Thank you so much for letting me steal Snak from you. I'll abuse him daily for you, don't worry about that. You guys are awesome. This is starting to sound like an awards ceremony speech. Finally, last but not least, I'd like to thank Godfather Chairman  SpikeS for allowing Jake to kick me out of his office.  

So, down to business. I will be bring back something that existed many moons ago. Some will remember it, most won't...

She pulls the sheet off of a modest sign on the front of her new cafe/bakery.

"Java Cartel: Death Before Decaf"

She smiles as big as she can muster.

The return of The Java Cartel. I look forward to working with SnaktheRipper and DoctorBoom to bring a bit of fun to Black Bottom and hopefully to Detroit and beyond! Sarcasm is free every day!

As an opening special with every cup of coffee purchased today you'll get a free bacon and cheddar scone dripping with butter! No substitutions! Bacon is everything!

She cuts a pretty purple ribbon and steps through the doors into a new adventure...

Report Post Tip

The circle of life continues with many twists and turns. Yet, the latest twists and turns lack the enthusiasm and respect of such an honorable move that once existed on these shores. Integrity clears her throat. Then she realizes there is nobody to speak too. Could this be because this is a business adventure located in the wrong section of the news? Thinking for another 3 seconds, she realizes this cannot be the case because this business is not depicting the norm for the opening of a business. Then it hit Integrity. She flipped back to another announcement. This is someone tooting their horn.

Toot on sugar. I find it absolutely hilarious you are taking applications for employment.  Unfortunately, the crowd is not impressed. 

Integrity is so tickled at applications for employment ........

Report Post Tip

iocaste- will take advantage of that scone offer. But he'll be too caffeinated to function. 

Well, I'm glad I could allow you to have this position, but we both know you really just earned it. This is a great thing for all of this world of ours, not just Detroit. 

Report Post Tip

Yee who has no respect, honor and integrity based on your own words and decisions? I'd say fuck off but you probably could not do that right.

Report Post Tip
She blushes slightly and nods her head in respect toward Godfather SpikeS.

Well, regardless of working my ass off day and night for our beloved city I am still grateful for your showing of trust and faith in my abilities to lead a family within the city we both cherish Godfather SpikeS. Jake_Ballard and you have been very helpful through my formative years here in Detroit. I will forever be in your debt.

I only hope I can do the city and those that live here the service they deserve. Even if it isn't in the "conventional" ways of the most recent years. It's not a bad thing to be different, it's a bad thing to fall in line and do what everyone else does.

If it means announcing the opening of my coffee shop in front of a very small crowd, or one that drifts past over the coming days, at least I can stand up and say I tried which is more than some can in this day and age. If that ruffles some feathers, oh well, at least I came out here and announced my intentions and presence. If it means doing something different, then hell yeah, I'm all for it. The way things are currently done behind closed doors is boring. These Streets need some life brought to them, not driven from them by those that choose to be only negative about how things are.

It's not like I could open up a place called "Java Cartel" and brag about how we buy and sell drugs and alcohol while we beat up old ladies for their purses and rob post offices. That would be ludicrous. Who would openly advertise criminal activities such as this for all to see, not to mention the coppers?

I sell coffee imported from the deep dark south as well as baked goods and sandwiches in a cute little eatery attached to my warehouse with the assistance of my two amazing Hands, erm, secretaries as well as what I hope to become a larger group of ready, willing, and able people over the coming days, weeks, and months.

One thing I will not do though is feed those pesky little trolls any of our delicious treats. Not even the day olds that we donate to the local shelters.

If by coming to the Streets to announce my new venture is the "wrong" thing to do, so be it. Does it look like I care? Sadly, if you look at the vast majority of announcements regarding new crews, families, and businesses for the past while you will see a small turnout to most of them. It's just the way things are, sad as it may be. It's something that has become acceptable in this world.

She shakes her head and returns to sprucing up her office and making sure Doctor Boom is tending to his "patients" in the greenhouse.

We're growing our own produce now!
Report Post Tip

Integrity missed the part where anyone showed of any importance to this thing of ours showed confidence and respect. Only those who tell you what and when to do anything showed support. 

Integrity toots her own horn for sure.

How is the application process going for you?

Report Post Tip

His Kingliness was walking through a park one fine afternoon when he heard quite the commotion coming from a few miles away (His ears were naturally perceptive thanks to the Wheaties his mother used to force feed him as a child. Great times indeed.) After harking back to his childhood for a few moments he finally broke the trance and remembered what he was doing! Searching for the scuttlebutt, if you would. Apparently a few miles by ear is much further than by foot and when Revan finally reached the decadent area most of the hullabaloo had already neared its completion and now only Cordelia and a raggedy looking woman were left, she was apparently waving around some extremely important information.

"Why I do say, what is going on here?" 

He opted for a colonial southern accent with a slight Spanish twist for this specific conversation just to spice things up a little bit. You couldn't really catch the Spanish unless you really heard it in action, but it assuredly was there. I wouldn't lie to you.

"What are these here do-cuuuu-ments?" 

Grabbing them up he gave them a quick eye inspection before quickly sighing. He had already seen these ages ago! and even back then they didn't mention him, but refusing to admit that he wasn't important enough to be talked badly about, the man did what he had always been known for. He lied to himself. Like a King. The King that he definitely is.

"Why, I say. I say. These here are all dead people! Who are you trying to rile up with this? Are you some sort of neeee-croooo-mancer with your magic-y magic just wavin' around ya old wand makin' the ghosties appear? Are you gonna conjure up these boys and bring em back to this here fine land? Cause if not, I don't see the point to this muchly. This here land is for the livin' and most of the names here are assuredly in the ground and have nothin to do with this here present."

Throwing the pictures onto the floor he then turns to Cordelia. They didn't speak much, or ever, but he had never turned down a good congratulations. Especially to someone who had fought and lived as hard as she. 

"Now ma'am, I may not be one of them here fancy important people I been hearin' so much ado about from this here Miss Integrity, but from someone who most definitely has never told anyone what to do or when to do it, you have my congratulation and well wishes on your newest of endeavors."

The Don King bowed just like any good person putting on a false southern gentleman accent would and hastily picked back up the pictures, maybe at his home he would etch out a few of the names and add his own in their place. Yes. This sounded like something any normal, healthy grown man would do.

Then he slowly walked away into the sunset. Never to be seen or heard from again.

Report Post Tip

Jake finally leaves his headquarters and makes his way to the Java Cartel hoping that Cordelia has gotten some tea in. As he walks through the door he hears a squish, he lifts his foot and see's he's trodden on a pissant. Jake wipes off his feet and takes a seat at a permanently reserved table.

"Damn Cordelia, I think you need some bug repellent. Now, where's my tea and cookies?"

Report Post Tip

Arriving slightly late in Black Bottom, Rory hurriedly made his way to find Cordelia's new premises in order to congratulate his old friend. Upon spotting a group of people, Rory wrestled his way to the front, suplexing RazorRamon on the way through. 

Cordelia, my dear this is a proud day for Black Bottom and Detroit as a whole. You have supported me from day one as I grew within Jake's crew before taking up the reigns of my own operation in Detroit. You have constantly served as my rock and support and for that I will be forever grateful. 

Jake could not have made a finer choice in appointing a new leader to take Black Bottom forward and to allow it to continue to grow. I very much look forward to seeing you as the head of your own organisation and with working with you in the future. I am very excited about it indeed.

Tipping his hat, Rory takes his bacon sandwich and coffee and goes to hide in the corner. Keeping his food safe from the clutches of Rayln.

Report Post Tip

As SpikeS mentioned earlier, this offer sounds GREAT.

I am afraid that I will be running on the walls (if not flying around) until complete breakdown with all that caffeine, but as you mentioned Cordelia, bacon is everything!

That being said, congratulations and may your path be paved with delicious bacon treats.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Something Old, Something New
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL