Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:25:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Removal of Philly Started by: WiggleButt on Feb 04, '16 13:30

Spartacus holds tightly a fist of salt, and then walks up to the street. Slowly, he watches the wind blow and lets a bit release from his hand. He holds his head up and then looks at the salt blow into the air and dissipate. 

Nothing can be stronger then a city united. Just as time and time and time again people have stood against those they wished not to see in power, some also stood by those they wished to stay there.

So much hate lately has been spewed upon these lands and why? Because they hold a grudge? Because they can? Because they hold a bigger bank account or more of something with monetary value?

Some want to call Wigglebutt a crap leader for asking for money but yet nothing can be more powerful against those wanting to harm a city by hit listing a city lead then that city banning together. Maybe my blood has run through this thing of ours to long and it still stands by that fact that the city lead is that the city lead. He or she is the one that gives power to those amongst the districts they reside in and he at that point is also is the one that the city depends on most. 

Times might have changed but a city bonded together by a common goal, a common dream is one that will  hold the strongest. It is the city that doesn't hide when attacked by people that try to encourage it's city lead to retire, or try to bully it with more money then anyone knows what to do with. 

On the topic of attacked... Many want to say that Wigglebutt reacted without cause and that his reason was not just, but I will back him in that it was just. This thing we as New York did was just and those fallen have proved that. Individuals wanted our city lead dead, they have hit listed, they have spawned durdens they have insulted and accused our city lead and those in the city. They empty bank account after bank account to try to accomplish this and it's not something that everyone will stand for. We are New York just as Detroit is Detroit and any other city is it's city. Why roll over and say ok we will do as you wish?

We aren't to be bullied. We will collaborate and work together, why because that is what a city,.. that is what a family does. So please talk your shit. Please cut our district lead down with insults and accusations. Please also understand we will continue to work, we will continue to go about our day in no care of you just doing what we do to make this city grow and work together as we are doing. Do we ask for contributions? Yeah what city doesn't when faced against those that intend to stay hidden behind their bank accounts and try to kill our godfather. 

A bank account will empty.. People will realize their actions are not what is driving the city, but it is those in the city. The shit that comes in and goes will be just that the shit, but all of those that reside in and believe in it are the city. They are what makes a home a home. 

I wish nothing more then for those that don't have that to realize it. Detroit knows it with their city. LA knows it with their city. Chicago know it with their city. These cities all know what it is like to work along side those in their cities to make it a city. They don't call a home a home for the sake of it. Anyone can get a hotel but by fucking god this is my home, and I will call it as such and stand by it as such just as any member that calls their city home, and not just a fucking house.

Spartacus lifted his hand and let the rest of the salt fall upon the earth as he looked upon all those around him, and then he knelt down and grasped a bit of his home cities sand in his hand. 

Report Post Tip

It's not wrong of WiggleButt to ask for money from his city. It's his city members choice whether they want to give him that money, they can choose to give him nothing and find out what the repercussions will be. They can choose to give him everything extra they earn too. There is no mechanic in this world that can force money out of one's hand, that is entirely upto the person in question.

I saw the hits up on WiggleButt when I was a lowly Thug and realised that a city head can't just be left on the hitlist, they would want to be off it, of course they would. So you know what I did? I didn't join WiggleButt's city. My point here is there is ALWAYS a choice somewhere along the way. 

For those of you claiming Wiggle is forcing people to give up money for a futile cause are a little narrow-minded. Wiggle probably knows he'll never get all the hits bought off the hitlist, but asking for his city members to back him against pretty insurmountable odds, he gets a distinct advantage over every other city head... he knows exactly who is fully behind him and who is just along for the ride.

Love or hate WiggleButt, he's getting to know who he can or cannot trust without having to be at war. Information is always key.

Report Post Tip

My understanding of the reasons for the city wipe was to attempt to eliminate the current hit lists from the Godfather of New York's head. You kill the hitlister, you lose the hitlist. Knowing that this wouldn't be the resulting effect however brings in to question the desperation of the situation and what the city is being driven to to resolve it.

If the support is there, the Godfather is well within his right to attempt to route those who are funding this persistent barrage of monetary rewards to see his death. Who wouldn't? 

We need to consider the lasting effect this is having on our world though, the rebuilding of our cities is suffering, the population might well be suffering and the masses who are inspired by the figure heads and their thriving operations could also be suffering, too. It's time to clean up the shit and start bringing back the opportunity and passion that we once had, because from where I'm standing, the future is looking bleak. 

Isn't it about time we just let it go

There's $265,000,000 sat there which clearly isn't enough to tempt someones hand into removing the Godfather, which could be put to much better use building a family. I'm not saying this with disregard for the kin of those who feel they need vindication and retribution for the past, I'm saying this because it would be completely astounding if for once, we just said 'fuck it' and move on. 

There's always someone who is pissed off with the current figureheads in power, and they'll always be the ones that are hunted by the figureheads in power. Can you imagine what we can get done if both those motives were negated and we had time to step and back and consider what we could actually get done? I for one am sick of making an appearance just to update myself on the politics, I want to inspire, to build and develop. 

It may sound completely absurd to those who have been around for some time and might well argue that the natural progression is to be influenced by the past. Eventually it will all come full circle again, any move that is made will satisfy one party and fuck off another, we're then back to square one. What would surprise me would be just to let the past be past, let us focus on the future, with a clean sheet.

We can work together, interact, bond, piss each other off and die in a hail of gun fire, just let us reach that point ourselves rather than constantly looking over our shoulders at what the last era fell to. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

So far WiggleButt your paranoia has cost the lives of Draven and JayGatsby and trust me there is more to come little man, as the right honourable Sticks has already stated the hits will keep coming so to keep trying to fleece your city members of their hard earned cash is quite frankly selfish and tbh rather pathetic a lot like yourself.

To the citizens of New York give this poor excuse of a man nothing, he will gladly sit by and watch you all die whilst he protects his own worthless ass as you will see over the coming days and weeks.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Caliburn.

Noone has an unlimited bank account. With every hit bought off that's less money everyone behind this has. The less money the individuals have the safer all of those people being hitlisted are.

Will all those hits ever be bought off? Who the fuck knows. But with eveyone that goes up that's less they have. You want rain shit on individuals forever.
Report Post Tip

Another hit went up for 80 million last night, these hits will not stop is the point people are trying to make and focusing on taking them all down every time they go up drains your entire city of money and lowers your cities protection status.

This is what people are trying to get you to understand is that it is a waste of money.

Lister, my response to you would just get deleted, if you wish to throw bloodline insults we can do that elsewhere or in private, your choice.

Report Post Tip

The number of hits is irrelevant. The length of time they're up is just wasting our time getting back to work. It could be one hit, it could be 20, if they can't afford to pay off one -or chose not to-, there's just more money being wasted by posting more. What will it take for someone to be tempted? Who knows, but can they afford to find out, just for him to be dead?

Are his kin never going to walk the streets again as a result? Are they never, ever going to be in a position of power again? No amount of cash can confirm either of those. It's a waste of time and resources. 

If it was me, I'd have an associate shoot me and claim the cash, earning over $250 million in one day is more than I'll earn in four months. I'd have to average 2 million a day to meet that demand. What a gift to leave behind for the city, and I'd be going out on my own terms, with their cash.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

While all this talk is lovely, actions are so much better.

We just saw a rogue take out Wiggle's RH and a few other people, including a Crew leader. Wouldn't it be nice if we got our priorities straight and worked at bettering their protection? You can buy off the hits sure but what good does that do you? You will still be broke, your people will still be under protected and you are still taking money from hard working people but putting it towards nothing. Where does the money go? It doesn't go to anyone. It is a waste.  So unless someone shoots Wiggle, its money being thrown down the drain.

Clearly removing a city did nothing. The hits are still there with a few extras, So if you were indeed concerned about the hits and thought they would miraculously disappear with the deaths of most of Philly. I say most because not everyone died under this "scorched earth" nonsense.

So instead of protecting your city Wiggle, you protect yourself. Buying off hits doesn't protect much and with them being so large that is just wasted money from the people in your city.

A city wants to band together? Great! Kudos, I am all for that. Just be reasonable about what you are doing to it. While you try to buy off the hits, you are allowing rogues to get stronger. While they get stronger, your people get weaker for personal gain. So tell me who that benefits? Surely not them.

Rossi, the future does look bleak. It looks like there is no reason to work hard. There is no reason to want to contribute up money. That falls on the leaders. They want people to do all this, give them a reason to. Personal gain would not be a good enough reason for me to contribute in any manner. Lucky for me, I am not in New York.

Maybe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel but for those who are constantly dying for some really bad reasoning or another, it doesn't seem that way.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I never threw any insults Typhon i just said it how it is your bloodine has always betrayed those lets see Eredin betrayed Voodoo.

Stood down left his city in the lurch Then what betrayed Duplicity wow shook horror.

Then got demoted by the gods for a dumb assed insult and wait for it.

Demoted and admin jailed again for a dumb assed insult yep a glowing testimonial that run was wasnt it?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip

You are right, Eredin did turn on Voodoo, but it wasn't Eredin that plead for his safety, it was actually parts of Chicago that begged Eredin not to act and to stay alive, it was a very close friend of Eredin who came to him and wanted him to stay alive and to support him and he chose to do so not because Eredin cared whether he lived or not but because those under him wanted to stay out of the war and those closest to him once Voodoo were to die also wanted him to stay alive, that decision was made by the structure of Eredin's district not by just Eredin himself.

Visas was perfectly fine with Eredin turning on Voodoo even deciding to work with Eredin and get him to side with Visas, many times did Visas speak to Eredin about who needed to die. Visas was close to Eredin, only up until the time in which Simplicity moved in on Eredin's city killing KevinOwens and strutting out as if she was a God and could do as she pleased, then Eredin closed up shop and decided to wait until he could do something about it without getting everyone killed.

Until the day where Visas and Duplicity's distrust and keeping everyone in the shadows bit them in the ass and that same person who wanted him to stay alive when Voodoo was attacked asked for his help in removing Duplicity which is what Eredin wanted since the day KevinOwens was killed. Eredin got what he wanted, you can call it a turn on or being a scum or however you wish to spin it but in the end Eredin saw through what he wanted to see which was the death of Duplicity.

You want to try to spin things, don't act like Visas was a saint, he was perfectly fine working with Eredin as long as it benefit them to do so. Until it was all over now all the sudden everything Eredin did was a problem.

You want to be upset over it that is fine, I always said if a character dies and nobody hates you for decisions you made you didn't do things right, I guess I followed my own advice there huh.

Report Post Tip

Why the fuck has this turned into a pissing match between Typhon and Lister? Shut the fuck up for crying out loud, it's got fuck all to do with it. You want to go at eachother find a room, jesus christ.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Removal of Philly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL