Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:15:42
Page:  1 
Black Bottom Gets Bitchy Started by: Jake_Ballard on Feb 05, '16 00:21

It was chilly winter night in Detroit and Jake had just returned from a meeting with Chairman SpikeS. Cordelia was waiting in Jake's office, she had just set out fresh batch of her homemade cookies on his desk and a large brandy, he enters the office and smiles at the aroma of the cookies.

Cordelia: "Good meeting"

Jake: "Oh just the usual stuff, deciding who's going to handle the liquor distribution if Lucy and SnaktheRipper keeps drinking all the stock. Trying to decipher why Eragon likes the ladies to call him Tost. One interesting thing did come up though, we got to talking about how my district needs to expand and really there is only one person for job and that's you. I'm not sure how I'll run things here without you, it's going to be hard to find someone stup.. er, brave enough to be my right hand and put in some work around her cause lord knows I can't be bothered."

Cordelia: "You'll never find anyone like me face it, but, it's time you learned how to take care of yourself and let me spread the family name far and wide. Okay, maybe not wide, just down the street... But you can come in for a free cookie and coffee any time you need me to smack you silly and remind you who wears the pants in this family."

Jake: "You mean I'll have to go to you for cookies instead of them waiting for me on my desk" Jake pauses in deep thought for a moment before continuing. "Ok I suppose that's fair but I'm bringing my washing too."

Cordelia rolls her eyes and shakes her head as she turns and leaves the office.

Report Post Tip

Jay Gatsby claps his hands

Way to go old sport. I am thrilled to see you reach this position. I am sure you will do such marvelous things in Detroit. Good luck and have a great time.

Gatsby raises his glass and toasts Detroit. 

Report Post Tip
This is a fine day indeed. Congratulations Cordelia! I will be sure to visit Jake and make sure he doesn't drown in his breakfast cereal. At least now with SnaktheRipper out of the HQ my booze hiding places should be safe!

Cackling a little loudly at her own joke that no-one probably gets Lucy raises a glass of moonshine in the air

Here's to the future of Black Bottom!
Report Post Tip
She turns around and smiles at Jake as he pours himself a drink. His face looking tired. She knew it had been a long day and this wasn't the easiest thing for either of them to do. She does a visual inspection to make sure she's left everything just the way he likes it and notices that he's already eaten one of the dozen tins of cookies she stacked in the corner.

If you keep eating that way you won't be able to get to my shop you glutton! Wait... Is that all it takes? Hmmm.. KIDDING, please don't kill me yet, I love you? Even at 4 am when you can't finish and go to sleep.

She winks and scampers down the hall. As she reaches the main office she hears the delightful voice of Miss Lucy...

Great, you just reminded me that I have to hide the booze from Snak. I'm pretty sure I know just the spot. Thanks Lucy! Please do check on him from time to time, I might not be able to be there wiping the drool from his chin as often as I would like.

Exiting Jake's sweatshop she runs into Mr. Gatsby and smiles sweetly as he fluffs her ego a bit.

Mr. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatsby, thank you, your kind words bring a smile to my face, well, except for "old" I don't like old. I shall stab you later in thanks.

She rushes three doors down to her beautifully renovated warehouse/storefront to make sure everything is ready for her grand opening.
Report Post Tip

Mack enters the streets after hearing the announcement of one of his family members leaving the crew to head up a family with Cordelia. Upon Cordelia's departure Mack tosses a rose trailing her footsteps. He steps upon a soap box to give his two cents.

"Today a family has been born deep in the depths of the bottom of Detroit. I congratulate those that are heading up this crew and I wish that you will all strive to continue the vibrant and colorful standards Detroit has always held. As a gift I will bless this creation of a following of people."

Mack bows his head as his hands rise to the sky. "Our father, creator of the heavens, earth and hell. May you bless these people who are embarking on a new journey into a new life. For they will grow bonds with one another with hopefully guidance through your illustrious light. May they be abundant with their endeavors, and give respect to their fellow man. May Saint Michael place a diamond veil of protection around their souls. In the name of the Father, The Son, And the Holy Spirit, Amen."

Stepping down Mack makes the sign of a cross and heads out off the streets.

Report Post Tip

Despite a busy week and long, long day, it's impossible to ignore the positive news coming out of Detroit.

"Cordelia, congratulations on this well deserved opportunity.  Detroit has been a strong city and your addition will  make it that much stronger.  I wish you and your crew all the best."

Report Post Tip

Agostino had heard Don Cordelia was getting auth, and had to come to the streets to celebrate.

"I'm very happy for Black Bottom and for you, Don Cordelia, I wish you the best in your new position."

Agostino raises his glass with the others present.

Report Post Tip

I'm glad to see you in this position. I know that things will be fun in Detroit with you as an addition to the finely suited leaders, and everyone needs a good bitching once in a while. 

Report Post Tip

Integrity looks around at the very small turnout on what use to be viewed extravagant news.

Is this rocket science at its best SpikeS?

Report Post Tip

BretTheHitmanHart knew he was late to the announcement of Don Cordelia's auth. He was distracted with his own set up with his hotdog stand. Its been a long couple days and Bret wanted to make sure he paid his respects. Especially when it was deserved.

"Don Cordelia, congrats on your new appointment. If you'd like, stop by the hotdog stand in Downtown for a good dog. Tell Lenny I sent you."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Black Bottom Gets Bitchy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL