Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 14:23:18
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Game Idea (Just don't tell Squishy) Started by: Anubis on Jan 23, '10 23:34

Ok, so I recently (like 30 minutes ago) had an idea. I want to spend some time and create a MySpace / Facebook app that would basically just show off your profile information, and link to MafiaReturns using your referral link.

This would give the basic information:

Username
Rank
If you're RHM/LHM
Sponsor
Start date
Last active
Topics

Possibly your quote too, but that might be getting a bit far into it, as some of your quotes are gigantic.

What I'm looking for is a basic idea of...would you be interested in this, and would you actually use it?

I haven't even brought this up to Squishy yet, because I've not seen him in the last 30 minutes. I figured I'd gather the information I could first.

I'll write up a survey for it:

1) Would you use a MySpace/Facebook app for MafiaReturns?

2) What profile items would you want to show?

3) What site(s) would you use this on, if at all?

4) Any other ideas you can think of for a MafiaReturns app?

Report Post Tip

As I said in #divinelunacy

I believe this is an excellent idea and support it fully

Report Post Tip

I like your basic information list, id use it on facebook since thats all i use and i dont really like facebook.

But yeah, good idea. Might bring people to the game and itll be good to get them to use my refferal link.

<3

Report Post Tip

I would absolutely display this on my facebook. I'd also use it on my myspace had I not just deleted it recently. I think it's a great way not to only show off our "stuff," but also to help bring new users into the game. Top notch, nub.

Report Post Tip

same here, it would be great to advertise MR in any possible way..

Report Post Tip

Super idea, not sure if details like dates and times are needed or quotes depending on how much of your time would be required There other sites out there too like Facebook, I'd be glad to sign up in any of them if it was something we could do to help advertising

Report Post Tip

1) Would you use a MySpace/Facebook app for MafiaReturns? Hell yeah!

2) What profile items would you want to show? The ones you listed, but not my quote...thats a bit much.

3) What site(s) would you use this on, if at all? Facebook

V.

Report Post Tip

Oh I just had a thought - maybe profile pictures could show on it too?

Report Post Tip

I'm inclined to agree with Telkin, Alessia, and V.

New users would always be welcome and this seems to be a way of free advertising. In addition to banners we have to the site, a Facebook/Myspace application may catch any that fall through the web of advertising already in place.

Showing profile pictures would also be a good idea, I think. Pictures can draw people into being curious.

Report Post Tip

I like it but there is no way I would use it. I have a semblance of a social life and fully appreciate the time I spend on here is time where I am getting in touch with my inner geek. This inner geek is someone I keep at bay when out with my mates daring each other to dip a piece of shoe string from the floor in our drinks and then suck it - good game, called Dip and Suck, pretty straight forward rules.

So though in theory I like it, I wouldn't use it as it would open a tirade of abuse from my mates.

To answer your questions:

1) Would you use a MySpace/Facebook app for MafiaReturns? Nada.

2) What profile items would you want to show? Name, Rank, Protection and Wealth.

3) What site(s) would you use this on, if at all? As above.

4) Any other ideas you can think of for a MafiaReturns app? Presume you'll blanket them but twitter hasn't been mentioned.

Report Post Tip

was just going to mention twitter. I think as stated it might catch the curious who have not seen the advertising

Report Post Tip

It needs to be pink and sparkly and have dancing pandas in the background, oh oh oh and play a Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus!  *squeals with juvenile delight*

Kidding.  I hate myspace :)  But thats just my personal opinion, which shouldn't dissuade you from persuing this :)

But why stop there, why not use GD and render a little banner for sigs on forums containing the players info?

Report Post Tip

Wraith, I'm assuming it would be optional. Even if they implemented this, you wouldn't have to worry about people discovering your "inner geek,"(which I take offense too, by the way). We're not geeks. We're just... Well I don't know what we are, but geeks certainly isn't the word! *sad face*

Izzy... Uhm... Did you have too much sugar today?

Report Post Tip

Telkin - I know it's optional, that's why I said that I personally wouldn't use it as I don't want people knowing I engross myself in a world of makebelieve where I run around shooting people however, I did put forward my suggestions on what I believe would work as I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented.

We're not geeks?

Geek: a computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)

I'm no expert on computers but I am an entusiast as I spend a hell of a lot of time on here. If you are not a geek, you wouldn't take offence by what I said, the fact that you took offense merely tells me that you think it applies to you, or why would you take offense?

Report Post Tip

I'm a Geek, and damn proud of it. Telkin isn't a Geek though, I think nerdbomber fits pretty good for him.

make it happen meng! I like

Report Post Tip

Two words: No comment.

Report Post Tip

1) Would you use a MySpace/Facebook app for MafiaReturns? - Facebook, Yes

2) What profile items would you want to show? - Everything But Quote

3) What site(s) would you use this on, if at all? - Facebook

4) Any other ideas you can think of for a MafiaReturns app? - Perhaps a MR Facebook game?

Report Post Tip

I think its a great idea, i would definitely use it on my facebook

definitely a good way to attract new users!

Report Post Tip

1) Would you use a MySpace/Facebook app for MafiaReturns?

I have only facebook, but I would happily and excitedly place this on my facebook page!

2) What profile items would you want to show?

I think the the items you specified would be nice, maybe instead of the gigantic quotes, we could show our suit, and then the suit would be a link to the game main page.  Though, I can not code and have no idea how difficult that might be.

3) What site(s) would you use this on, if at all?

Only facebook

4) Any other ideas you can think of for a MafiaReturns app?

Sorry, but no.

Report Post Tip

I think this is a great idea to increase membership.  I would include rank and title information and a profile picture.  Perhaps links to mafia friends who have registered facebook pages.

...I also am a big fan of creating an android application (basically just a front end to the site that can be advertised on the android market).  This would easily triple the userbase. I'm more than happy to assist on app development if desired.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Game Idea (Just don't tell Squishy)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL