Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:00:26
Page:  1 
You don't have to do it on your own. Started by: Fitz on Apr 18, '16 20:05

Fitz, or "The bastard" as many called him had been mulling over something for quite some time. Sat in front of the hearth in a small, warm bar in The Loop, Chicago, accompanied by nothing but his mug of ale and a pen and paper, he had been pondering how to put in to words something he had wished to address with those too important to simply get an interview with and stand before. The only chance of being heard was to write an open letter in the hope that they would listen and maybe take action.

A young lad called introducing himself as Freddy came over and interrupted Fitz's thoughts briefly while refilling his mug. Fitz gave him some coin for his troubles and a small nod of appreciation. Frowning on how to begin this epistle, Fitz finally conceded that the only way was to put pen to paper and see where it took him.

To whom it may concern.

In the times of our forefathers, there was a period whereby all matters of national importance were brought before a council, a council widely known as a Godfather Council. The purpose of this council was to ensure that all actions within this thing of ours were for the greater good of our world. All items set before the council would be discussed and then decided on with votes, as a result of those votes there would be an action to the discussion. Why this seemed to work well in those times was because power was distributed not just between one or two cities, but throughout all cities with a mob presence and therefore decisions were not just knee-jerk or ill-conceived but well thought out and planned and agreed upon. As expected, not everyone agreed and sang from the same hymn sheet, but there was a respect for the council and what it represented. The mere minions of the world were privvy to the results of these Council Meetings and were well informed on what decisions would be taken on various topics discussed.

This led to several things; 

A spread in power amongst the cities, as opposed to one or two super powers who set all the rules.

More interaction between the leaders. Even if it were just to try and persuade someone to support them in an upcoming topic (sometimes votes might be bought in order to see a likelier outcome for a particular topic)

More auths spread about, as these led to more votes.

A general buzz and a busier presence about the streets due to someone of power coming out to explain what had been discussed and agreed/voted on. In response the mere minions would have their own say whether to agree or disagree on the findings.

Eventually the council died out, most people felt that if it was there city, why shouldn't they make the rules? But a time for being selfish is over I feel. Sure there may be agreements between some of the city heads at times but I feel more focus is needed. It's not that the world is stagnant yet but it's clear we're stuck in a cycle, we've seen countless attempts at bringing the west coast in to play with countless competitions, only to see them fail all too soon. The most recent attempt is testament to this, not that it's a bad idea but it seems evident that something needs to be done about the west coast as we find it far too empty, far too often.

So, what do we do now?

Now, I'm just a lowly Gangster but I feel that I might suggest a few things and if the current powers that be want to listen then great, if they don't, then it was worth the try.

If a new Godfather Council were to set up then there are a few things that could be put in place:

A meeting is conducted fortnightly to discuss anything which may be put on the agenda.

Items are put on an agenda by being sent to the District head who then hands them to whomever chairs each meeting.

Some items sent to district heads may not be brought forward to the council meetings at their own discretion.

Each crew leader is invited to the meeting to discuss the matters, if a leader isn't around a selected RH/LH may go in their stead.

Items are discussed and are then voted on if it requires an action.

Only district heads may vote.

The chair will count the votes and make a ruling in response to the votes.

Auth candidates in empty cities is also something that might be brought up. Despite people wanting to put their own people in power it appears that too often do we see power plays being made by the stronger families, putting their own people into empty cities or districts, as is their right but this will only lead to stagnation. In light of this it will be put to a vote to see which candidates will enter which cities.

I acknowledge that this might be a hard thing to swallow, those currently in power might be reluctant to see their influence suffer as a result of such a council but it's imperative that they think more about just themselves and about the community as a whole. But in a time where the streets are riddled with rubbish, mobsters rarely interact and our only source of entertainment is Silk Glove, then it's clear we need to be doing more.

We owe it to ourselves.

Regards,

Fitz

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip
But I do it on my own all the time! Sometimes I even use a glove, but not a silk one.
Report Post Tip

You should reconsider, silk feels quite pleasant on ones skin.

Report Post Tip

After walking around town, Fitz passes the board where he had pinned his letter. Over the top of it is an advertisement for the latest speak easy and another telling people to get in touch with Roxy if they want a good time with a number scribbled underneath. Fitz rips the speak easy off and slips the number in his pocket, maybe he'll have a visit to this Roxy later on.

Fitz wondered if any of the leaders had seen his letter, or if anyone at all had seen it. Maybe they had but just didn't care for the idea, after all it was a shot in the dark.

Fitz shrugs and leaves it uncovered for people to see, maybe someone will notice it eventually.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps your flyer is being ignored because you want a collection of the highest-ranking criminals and most prolific murderers in the world to come together for "the greater good."

Maybe.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps.

Although it's not a foreign thing to this world of underground crime. It's been done before, why not again?

Report Post Tip

Suh dude?

Yeah bro get off that cheap weed you been smoking and listen to Aristides, he got the know how, he knows how the big cats roll and they don't roll with no little car hijackers like us dude...

Maybe have a hit of some of my super packed genius blow pipe.

Chad_Summers offers his pipe of hope to Fitz.

Report Post Tip

There are rules?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You don't have to do it on your own.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL