Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:54:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Choose life Started by: Deimne on Feb 09, '10 07:20

Given that I have no question of -Future-'s loyalty to New York, then no, it doesn't apply at all in that case.

However, if someone was to display such excellent judgement and attempt to make the move to New York... along with a healthy bribe to greese the wheels... I'm sure the odd exception to the aforementioned might be possible.

Report Post Tip

Glad you admit your hypocrisy.  Only someone with the power you yield could get away with it ;)

Report Post Tip

Wow, 27 deaths in NY in the first 10 days of Feb...  granted 5 are suicides, so really 22.  Quite a bit for someone who takes such a large stand against member whoring.

Hypocrisy ... You can deal it out when you have the power.

Report Post Tip

There is no hypocrisy at all Macster. Simply ignorance and lack of knowledge by someone, hint here... it's not me.

But please do carry on, I love seeing a civilian have a good ol' rant and rave making fictional claims and false arguments. I enjoy it tremendously. It gives my something to do in between my unfair slaughtering of cities, hypocrisy, tyranny and what not.

Report Post Tip

I love it when some half wit comes to the street leveling charges of hypocrisy against a mob boss.  These people are the most fun to kill, and are inevitably the biggest whiny bitches, because their actions demonstrate that they do not even know where they are or what sort of business we are in...

"OMG, you are a hypocrite!"

God forbid, if it were true. You know, we kill people for profit. We prey on the weak. We extort businesses until they go under. We charge barbaric interest rates on our loan sharking schemes, which destroy families and often result in broken arms or legs. We are basically a cancer on society...all to make a buck. We are liars, thieves, cheats, murderers, extortionists, and violent criminals...

BUT A HYPOCRITE?!?!?  OH NOOOEEZZZZZ!

Report Post Tip

Felicity blinks several times as she listens to all the grown ups talk. Gee, sometimes she got so confused listening to all of these big words and such! One thing she knew, however, was that God-daddy Deimne, as she liked to call him much to his chagrin, wasn't a hippo... hypro... hypnocrite? Whatever the word was. He sure as heck wasn't it. Drawing herself to her full height Fel cleared her throat daintly and grinned what she hoped was charmingly at the gathered crowd.

An admission for love of money does not make someone a hypno-cratic. Erm, hippo-crate? You know what I mean. I also don't see how it's crazy that the largest connected crime city in the United States also has the highest death rate. It's been known to happen, believe it or not! The more people there are, the more people will die. Honestly. That's what my cousin used to tell me. Then again, he's dead now too so maybe his logic was off.

Taking a deep breath the young girl shrugs her shoulders.

Either way, I'm glad we can all admit that shoes are super swell. I wish I had a pair of Eva's shoes. They're completely crazy.

With a smile Felicity takes the hot dog she had been swinging around in the air and hands it to the Macster Snackster.

"Here you are! Don't go hungry now!"

Report Post Tip

Silently stalking, Richard remains blended in with the crowd. Like a lion in the brush or something cool like that. As he waited, he studied his target. It appeared to be another no name civilian proclaiming inside information, which in fact was more like complete and utter ramblings. Suddenly, Richard spotted it. Macster had taken interest in the hot dog and was preparing to take a bite. Richard sprung into action, leaping out from the crowd. He quickly punched Macster in the face just before he was able to take a bite of the hot dog. Turning around victorious once again, Richard pumped his fists into the air and began to dance. Spotting Deimne in the crowd, Richard bowed quickly.

My apologies godf.... Richard glanced at the gathered civilians. I mean good sir. Those who do not present reason, rationale, or logical abilities deserve nothing better than to be punched just before eating.

Slipping back into the crowd, Richard again blended into this great urban jungle.

Report Post Tip

Conner thinks Richard's strategy of punching someone in the chompers just prior to eating...is absolutely genius

Good tactic Richard. I applaud it. Really whats worse than getting pwned in the face right when you're about to take a bite of an enjoyable meal.

Conner whacks Macster across the face with a 50lb tuna fish

Whats worse? Being pwned BY the meal =D

Report Post Tip

-Lana- leans againt the wall and smokes her cigarette as she watches the display in front of her. Once done, she flicks it away and walks to the crowd.

Come now, come now. Leave him alone. Macster can't help being who he is. He can't be too smart calling out my Godfather like that and not know who to address in the first place. I am the one who took in that member, and I am the one he should be asking questions to. However, I will not likely explain to a civilian the reasoning behind my decision. What happens behind closed doors stays there, and, for the life of me, I don't know why he would want to die. No, I am not threatning him, before I get clobered with that. He is just a war victim, probably hit on the head with a block of concrete and acting like an asshole, no fault of his own.

-Lana- shines her gun with her dress and caulks it...

-Future- is with my family now, and if you have a problem with that, you have my zip code and p.o. box. Send me a letter, but I will not address this in the streets again.

Report Post Tip

More St Louis bloodlines crying their arse off over their forefather's death? SURELY NOT!

It seems like they'd picked up a fair amount of complete idiots in their short time. Wonder how that came about....I mean they had banned whoring afterall so it couldn't be that. Must've just been unlucky.

Report Post Tip

shrug it off all you want, but facts speak for themselves.

Deimne says someone who does not die for the family deserves to die for not following omerta.  This is clearly hypocrisy due to -Future- being in New York.

He also says he is against whoring, yet his city leads over all others in dead gangsters. 

People like woodstein and such who make factless claims are deserving of your belittling, but trying to talk your way around facts is simply your fear to face the truth.

Report Post Tip

Facts speak for themselves... Godfather Deimne gave some people a lesson. These people did'nt like it. These people want to throw dirt on Godfather Deimne. My bloodline has lost a life during one of Chicago's downfall. Result of a war... did his kin come out here in the streets crying about what has been lost or trying to throw some dirt on the one responsable for Chicago's downfall? No, he moved on... and that is how i ended up here in NY. Of course i always worked in NY, but my ancestors havent. When there is no place to go, what do you do... shoot yourself? This is about choices... Godfather Deimne's giving people a chance to make the right choice. You should be thankfull instead of throwing dirt.

Report Post Tip

Shrug what off?

Facts? You haven't given a single fact here. You gave random details with no background or context to them. That's not exactly giving 'facts' my young window licker.

New York leads all others in dead gangsters? Really? Having around one third of the active cosa nostra population (significantly higher than any other city... and more than most other cities combined), how utterly shocking that New York also leads in the number of deaths. This isn't as a result of whoring, it's as a result of somepeople (and I clearly include yourself in this) being unfit to grace our world.

The simple fact of the matter is that if I wanted to whore the hell out of idiots... I could and would. Do I care if it would offend your delicate views? Nope. Do I mind if it would offend anyone? Nope. Will I do it? No. I have no need to, no want to and I just couldn't be bothered.

The situation surrounding Saint Louis was very clear. The Godfather of the city choose to attack New York. By extension, this means that his entire city was complicit in the act. There is one person to blame for what occured in Saint Louis and it was Quirinis. Despite how many of his bold little window licking puppies try to come to the streets and scream foul, it is clear to everyone (with at least half a brain) that the acts carried out against them were 100% justified and warrented. However, even if they weren't, that is my decision to make and I could just as easily have justified the takedown with "It's a day ending in 'y', lets keel Saint Louis" and slept soundly at night with no qualms at all.

As for -Future-, it was an entirly different scenario. They were found in a war that wasn't started by their leader attacking New York, in fact it was the exact opposite. I'm not for one second going to get into the finer details of why this move was allowed or what facilitated it... as quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about the idiotic mutterings of a nobody, but to believe it's the same situation shows an ignorance and stupidity that even the most loyal Saint Louis resident would have been proud of.

Report Post Tip

Regarding FlyingPig's response, I agree we are killers, extortionists, liars, etc. because if my bloodline did not have these traits, then my bloodline wouldn't have a bright future at all. These particular traits we possess makes us stronger and puts the money in our family's pocket. However, I completely disagree with the fact that being a hypocrite is acceptable. I disagree because the direction of our lives are based on the principles we believe in. For the sake of ourselves and our future generations, these very principles - whichever they may be, gives us the stability and structure in this thing of ours. Accepting hypocrisy ruins everything and puts all principles in question. From a leader's perspective, a hypocrite is nothing more than a stray bullet waiting to hit an innocent bystander whether it's a low ranked gangster or a prestige godfather. If you need an example, look at St. Louis's previous godfather. I think it's safe to assume his HQ preached about respect to the existing and incoming members of St. Louis. He didn't practice what he preached, so look what happened. Enough said.

Continuing on another note, I completely agree with Godfather's Deimne's initial speech. It's said over and over again, choose your family wisely because your life is resting in someone else's hands. I'm not going to echo what Godfather Deimne already said but I wanted to raise a question that puzzled my bloodline for ages. When it comes to city wars, why do I see opposing members being left alive? And when I say members, I mean *ALL* members - we live in a point of time where thugs are granted upper-structure positions so this includes them as well. This question I ask evolves from my family journals that show me events that contradict each other.

Compton flips through the pages until she found what she was looking for.

Here's a page that describes a crew-leader getting criticized by the masses because this individual slaughtered everybody from the opposing city - not one soul was left to spare. The crew-leader's response to all the criticism is exactly what you see in Godfather's original point. You pledge your life and loyalty to your family, and that alone, is a threat. Therefore, everybody should die. I completely agree with this.

Compton puts her journal away.

Now, we have this current event to reflect on. We recently had a city war between Las Vegas and Detroit. It was a mass slaughter but there was still a handful of Detroit members that were left alive. Regardless of any reason, they're not innocent to warrant their safety due to the simple fact that they had already pledged their lives and loyalty to Detroit even before Godmother Lucretia took over Las Vegas. So I'm guessing this where the exceptions come in. With all do respect, how exactly do these exceptions come into play when dealing with an outbound loyalty? The previous leader must of thought this member was truly loyal since this member was given protection and what not everyday, so what makes the next leader comfortable enough to accept this member's loyalty? This member didn't defend his leader to the very end so what makes you think that he's going to do the same for you? Godfather Deimne, my point and questions are not solely directed towards you. I'm casually sharing my thoughts in this discussion with you and everybody else. I'm not demanding answers from anyone, this is simply for people that are interested to answer.

Report Post Tip

Facts are facts.  While I would like to agree with Macster I can't.  My father had to learn his lesson the hard way by following a poor leader and died for it.  Although no one from St. Loius was aware of the actions taken by thier Godfather how could NY known that or even care for that matter. Godfather Deimne acted as any good leader should by protecting his city and avenging the death of his loyal Boss. By choosing to work in St. Loius all that choose to work there put thier life in the hands of a Godfather that had no respect for them at all.

I would like to whin and say how unfair it is that all of the city was wiped out but look at the situation and see it for what it was POOR LEADERSHIP at its very top.

Report Post Tip

SINGER stands back in amazement then turns to a random guy beside him

You see that, Deimne Not only beats people physically he beats them mentally as well. You see that, Deimne That guy is a leader.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Choose life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL