Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 16:32:42
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Bored in New York Started by: Zo on Apr 26, '16 02:43

"Yea... that doesn't seem like a great idea. Thanks, Doc. I'll look after her."

Keats hands the doctor several bills, before helping Zo out to the streets and hailing another cab. After Zo mumbled an address, Keats alternated his time between observing his friend to make sure she's okay and paying attention to his surroundings. Almost dawn now. Keats stifled a yawn as the cab came to a stop. Helping Zo out to the sidewalk, Keats looked up at the building in front of them.

"So, where do we go from here?"

Report Post Tip

Zo had zoned out for the second cab ride of the evening, but looking at her apartment complex brought her back to reality. 

I'm third floor, elevator should be working. Thank you, by the way, you umm... Are being a really good friend

Report Post Tip

Keats smiled as he hit the button for the third floor and the elevator rumbled upward. 

"Well, like I said. I could have done a better job of protecting you in that bar, so this is partially my fault. And I consider you a friend. You helped me out quite a bit when I first showed up, so I'm happy to return the favor."

Zo fumbled with the keys to her place and opened the door of her apartment, as Keats helped her inside and looked around.

Report Post Tip

Zo cringed when she opened the door. She hadn't been here for a while, but she had been loaning the place out and who knows what it would look like. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. It was a two room apartment, with a main room that had a side kitchen and a bedroom behind it. The main room was simplistic, she didn't bother with many decorations, just some old bookshelfs and a tv along a wall, and a pullout couch on the other. The kitchen had the bare necessities, and she is pretty sure she only owns one set of flatware. The bedroom is smaller, and has a wardrobe, ensuite bathroom, and a bed with plenty of storage underneath. 

Zo let's Keats inside then starts the process of locking everything up. There were about 7 locks on her door, and each one was more tiring then the next. Finally she sits down on her couch, patting the spot beside her.

Come have a seat, I'm not going to throw up on you.

Report Post Tip

Keats looked around the apartment. Seemed pretty standard- much like his own.

"Lot of locks there. You ever had problems with break ins?"

Keats, after wandering around a little and getting Zo a glass of water, sat down next to her while handing off the class. 

"So you're feeling a little better then?"

He suddenly looked quizzical.

"And what does Zo stand for? It must be short for something, right?"

Report Post Tip

Zo smiled

Yeah I'm feeling a bit better, the world isnt so much spinning but just fuzzy around the edges. Also the medication is starting to kick in. Anyway you never know what will happen in this neighborhood, I have come in to my living room to find a guy crashing on my couch dressed in nothing but a suit jacket. The locks make that far less likely to happen. Anyway, Zo is short for Zoe, Zoe Woodford. Of course, that sounds more like the name of a librarian then someone in our line of work, so I shortened it. 

Zo paused for a second

Wait Keats.... You have an apartment right? At least in Detroit? 

Report Post Tip

Glad to hear you're feeling better.... also glad that we didn't have to evict any squatters when we got back.

Keats leaned against the back of the couch, fishing a book out of his pocket.

If that medicine is kicking in, you'd better go lie down. I'll stick around out here in case you need anything, and I'll make sure to wake you up when it's time for next dose of medicine.

And I happen to think your name is very nice. Not librarian at all- perhaps some sort of explorer?

Now, doctor's orders. Time for you to get some rest.

Report Post Tip

Zo noticed the avoidance of her question but left it alone

Okay I'll head to bed, you alright out here? Pull out couch if you need it

She walks into the bedroom and collapses into the bed, quickly falling asleep

Report Post Tip

As Zo headed into the bedroom, Keats called out. 

"Oh-missed your earlier question, sorry. Yea, I've got a little place in Detroit, although I'm hardly ever there. And I'll be fine with the couch, thank you."

As she falls asleep Keats relaxes on the couch, removing a book from his jacket pocket. He spends most of the next day reading, as well as occasionally scribbling down some notes in the margins. Every few hours he'd wake Zo up and hand her her medicine and a glass of water.

As Zo fell asleep again, the last of her medication gone, Keats checked his watch. Zo seemed close to normal again, and he had a few business meetings that he'd have to rush to get to. Finding a scrap of paper, he leaves Zo a note on the table: "Zo, Hope you're feeling better. Next time, we should pick a classier bar to have a drink? Lets brawls. Once you're recovered, of course." - Keats

Locking the door as best he could on the way out, Keats clicked the door shut and headed out into the hallway.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bored in New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL