Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 12:10:26
Page:  1 
Late night trucking Started by: MacMcdonald on Apr 26, '16 18:55

11:00 PM Jersey City, NJ

A truck made it's run into the city every week from a warehouse in Jersey into New York to drop off radios all over the city. Word on the street was that the operation was run by the Burrata crew who were into prostitution, drugs, and gambling but this was one of their few "legit" businesses.

It was also one of their most vulnerable none of the truck drivers had protection making them a easy target since this was legal they had nothing to fear well at least until today. Mac was waiting in the bushes while his partner Charlie was on the side of the street with his car flipped over making it look like an accident. When the truck came by Charlie waves at the truck to get it's attention their plan works as the truck driver slows down to help him.

Bad decision

"Get the fuck out of the truck." Mac said his gun pointed at the driver

"Okay just please don't hurt me."

"A little birdie told me that you had some radios lemme see em. Now"

The driver cooperates with them and shows them the radios in the back. Satisfied Mac and Charlie take the truck and head into the city. Mac knew a guy in the Bronx where he could keep the truck for a couple days.

161st South Bronx, NY

"Thanks Jim, I appreciate it and hey tell Cindy I said hi."

That was Jim a local guy from the neighborhood he wasn't in the life but every now and then he lent a helping hand to Mac for a couple of bucks. Mac also slept with Jim's sister but he wasn't telling him that.

"I can have these out by the end of the week."

As soon as the heat dies down Mac could have the radios out by the end of the week. After giving The Owlman his cut Mac would make a decent profit out of the radios. Most of his customers were immigrants who just came into the country and couldn't really afford many of the items that he supplies. In a way it made him feel like Robin Hood take from the rich and give to the poor that's what he keeps telling himelf sometimes even though he knows he's far from a saint but it helped him sleep at night and he wasn't complaining.

Waldorf- Astoria 47th Floor.

Anthony Burrata was playing golf in his penthouse. The leader of the Burrata crew he got this far by surviving he lived through a rough childhood where his father killed his family one night and made him an orphan, he dodged bullets and bombs overseas during the great war, and survived in his life of crime by being one step ahead and always listening to everything going on.

The phone rang and he picked up

"A truck? Who? What do you  mean you don't know who did it then fucking find out!" He calms down a bit "Alright listen we're gonna find this asshole. Shake some trees, bust some heads. Nobody fucks with Anthony Burrata and gets away with it."

Report Post Tip

Zo had learned that one of the newer people with the family had just captured a truck and given the inventory away at a ridiculously low price. She was impressed, most of the time people choose to make tens of thousands on these sort of robberies, but it looks like this guy would have made maybe 10,000 at most. She walks up to the place she thinks he's staying at. She wanted to meet this guy and size him up. What was his end game? 

Zo knocks at the door and soon it swings open in front of her.

Report Post Tip

Mac was in his apartment drinking some beers  wearing nothing but his boxer and listening to the Yankees game on the radio. They were playing in Philadelphia against the Athletics It was a close game but was a slugfest tied at 5-5 the Yankees loaded the bases in the of bottom of the ninth then they gave up a hit and lost the game.

"You motherfuckers!"

Mac had some money on the game but before he could think about it he heard a knock at the door. He wondered who it was maybe it was that annoying Mr.Smith again with his witch drink that supposedly cures everything.

"For the last time Mr. Smith I don't want your damn witch drin-" He notices a lady at the door "Well..hello how can I help you this evening Miss?"

Report Post Tip

I heard about you robin-hooding a truck a while back. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Zo notices what he is wearing and directs her gaze upwards

Perhaps I have come at a bad time....

Report Post Tip

Mac laughs a bit

"Oh no no no you can come in." He quickly puts on a shirt "Make yourself at home. So about that Truck I may or may not have stolen a truck who's asking?"

Report Post Tip

Zo steps into the house cautiously

No one in particular. I heard it was a Burrata truck. That takes some guts to steal from them... Or you are incredibly stupid. Whatever the case, I thought you should know they are going to hunt you down, that group is lethal

Report Post Tip

"I'll take my chances when you're living this life you gotta expect some bad shit to happen to you eventually." He drinks some of his beer "Either way after I sell those radios I'm skipping town for a bit until the heat dies down."

Report Post Tip
Ahh so you aren't that stupid then. Where are you going to go?
Report Post Tip

"Oh I got a couple ideas." Mac said with a smile "By the time I come back the Burratas will forget all about those damn radios."

Report Post Tip

Zo looks at him with scepticism. Do be careful, who knows what they want to do to you know, let alone afterwards.

​​​​​

Report Post Tip

He did it Mac  got rid of the radios made his money and skipped town after a couple days Mac made his way back into New York, he was hiding out on the other side of the country in Las Vegas. Far away from the Burratas reach but he had to keep a low profile as word travels fast which was pretty hard for to do for a guy like Mac in Vegas with all of it's attractions but he managed to stick it out. Now he was back home in his stomping grounds and stopped by a bar for a drink.

"Hey Mickey lemme get a drink."

Mickey ran the bar he opened it up in the Bronx when he came here from Ireland long ago. During prohibition it was a speakeasy disguised as a bookstore after prohibition was over he kept some of the books in the bar. Mac was one of the regulars he'd come in after a long day and get drunk sometimes he let him sleep at the bar if he got too drunk. As tough as he was Mac never started fights inside the bar he always took it outside and Mickey respected him for it.

"So where have you been?"Mickey said as he pours Mac a drink "Ain't seen you around here past couple of days."

"Aww Mick, you missed my pretty face in here?" Mac said as he takes a sip from his drink "Sorry for keeping you lonely I was out of town. In Vegas for a few days."

The men continue to chat for about half an hour and the drinks keep on coming before Mac decides he's had enough and heads home. He pays Mickey and heads out. Mickey watches as Mac leaves then when he's gone he picks up the phone and dials a number.

"The guy you want he's here turns out he was in Vegas hiding from you guys."

"Thank for telling us Mick, we'll take care of it."

"He doesn't live that far from here just up the block Mr.Burrata."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Late night trucking
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL