Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 07:16:57
Page:  1 
Beaver Cres. and The Strip Started by: Insight on May 01, '16 04:23

Coming home after a extended trip from out east, Insight rolls up to the headquarters. Glancing through the car window, every light in the building still on. Members scattered inside and out, Insight turns to his driver.

"Fred, thanks a lot. You have yourself a great weekend, I'll see you on Monday" Fred looking into the rear view mirror puts his arm up and waves.

Stepping out of the vehicle the noise from HQ louder than ever, Insight turns and walks towards the door. Turning sideways to slip through the people on the stairs and opening the door. 

THUD!!

"What the......" Bracing his shoulder against the door, shoving it open and looking around to see someone jammed against the back of the door.

"Mr_Mash come on man, terrible place to nap!"

Continuing on shuffling through the crowd, with hardly enough room to walk Insight notices Karmen signalling him to the back. 

After a good five minutes navigating through the bodies Insight approaches Karmen

"What's up Karm?!"

"Come out back for a second, there is something wrong with the damn garage door again, hunk of junk!" Karmen replied.

"Uh that frigen thing again, I told them that thing would never pan out! This is the last time Karmen I swear!" Insight hollers. 

Following Karmen to the back room he notices Mute and Erbin_Schridinger leisurely leaning on his car, Fred right there with them.

"Look, we need to show you something, get in" Erbin says, with Mute nodding in agreement.

Getting in the car, no one saying a word. And wouldn't you know it, the springs working fine and the door lifting. Smiling Insight chuckles softly to himself.

Fifteen awkward, silent minutes later, the car finally comes to a stop. Karmen biting her lip, I swear that must have been the longest I have ever seen her that quiet. Exiting the car Mute, Erbin, and Karmen walk up to the empty building we arrived at and turn to face Insight.

Erbin steps forward "Insight, the city has been growing, and we need to be able to house the many citizens flocking to the city."  Stepping back Mute comes to the forefront, and tosses a pair of keys. Catching them with his right hand and looks down at the keys.

"I don't know what to say Mute" After a slight pause Karmen runs up emphatically "Just take the damn keys and open the door!" Karmen grinning ear to ear. Putting her hand over Insights shoulder and slightly guiding him to the front. Opening the door Insight notices something.

"Guys, check this out" Insight opens and closes the door repeatedly. "So smooth"

Mute, Erbin and Karmen look at each other puzzled, and laughing awkwardly 

walking into the spacious room, and coming up to a table in the middle Mute pulls out a bottle of whisky, while Karmen reaches for the shot glasses.

"This is great guys, more room then I know to do with!" Insight says. With Erbin pouring the shots everyone grabs their glasses and raises them to toast.

"Here's to new beginnings, and to.....uhh, Say Insight, what uh, what will your new home be known by?" Erbin says looking at Insight

Pondering for a moment, Insight looks up to the three of them......

"The Beaver Cres. Crew I think should suffice!" Insight smiles, but then.....with the serious stares from Erbin and Mute....."What?" Insight stares blankly. Turning to Karmen, she can't hold it back any longer, busting out laughing she curls forward, hands on her stomach as the shot glass falls to the floor.

"Oh come on guys, get your damn heads out of the gutter!" "This name reflects my proud Canadian heritage! And to a more precise degree a childhood neighbourhood that made me into the man I am today....so, deal with it!" "Now let's get Karmen a refil here" says Insight.

"Alright alright" Erbin says as he refills Karmens glass.

"One more time, To new beginnings, and to the Beaver Cres. Crew" The four of them cheers glasses, and down the shot.

Report Post Tip

After the long, awkward, quiet drive with Mute, Erbin_Schridinger and Insight, Karmen could barely contain her excitement anymore. She wasn't used to being silent, like ever, even though Mute's crew was SUPPOSED to be quiet.. She was the rebel. She had a smile on her face when they got out of the car, and when Mute threw the HQ keys at Insight, she couldn't hold it all in anymore. She listened as Insight said he wasn't sure what to say, and then said, "Just take the damn keys and open the door!"

She was smiling from ear to ear as Insight fumbled the keys around in his hand then slid one into the doorknob. She could tell he was extremely excited, and maybe a bit nervous, and she knew that the alcohol that she had had stocked up inside the HQ would help calm him. She couldn't wait for the four of them to take shots in Insight's new HQ!

She laughed when he opened the door repeatedly, showing how easy it was to open it in his empty HQ. She knew it wouldn't be empty for long, and she felt a bit like a mother that was dealing with her son moving out and going to college. She was happy for him, and sad that he would be leaving The Silent Few, but glad that he would still be in the same part of the city, just a short drive away. It was a roller coaster of emotions that she was ready to drown out with alcohol.

When Insight told them what the name of his crew would be, they all couldn't stifle their laughter fast enough, and of course, clumsy Karmen dropped her shot of Whiskey.. He told them to get their minds out of the gutter, and then explained the name, and it all made sense. Then, Erbin refilled her shot glass and they made a toast to Insight, new beginnings, The Beaver Cres. Crew and the future of Las Vegas.

She downed her shot then quickly put the glass on the table and gave Insight a hug and said to him, "I know you will do great things here. Promise me you'll take care of yourself and your members.. I can't be here 24/7 to make sure you guys don't burn the place down, alright? Now, before I cry.. I'll stop hugging you.."

She laughed and picked up the bottle of Whiskey that Erbin had sat down and poured them all another shot, saying cheers to a good night in Vegas.

Report Post Tip

I guess you where not really certified.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Beaver Cres. and The Strip
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL