Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:44:56
Page:  1 
Angeli della Morte rises in North Side Started by: Dexter on May 01, '16 16:51

Dexter sat stunned for a moment when Maria had told him the news -- he had never expected to step into this sort of role for the family, but he was incredibly honored nonetheless. "I gratefully accept this offer and I will not let you down." The two old friends sat and talked for some time, discussing the future of the district they were working so hard to build. 

Following his late night discussion with Don Maria, Dexter immediately set to work. No rest for the wicked, sleep when you're dead and all that. After returning to his office, Dexter made a late phone call to PaulHeyman"Paul, you and I have worked together much these last few months, and I've come to trust you like no other. I have something I'd like to discuss with you, please come and see me immediately as I have exciting news! Tonight's the night."

Once Paul had joined him in the office, he revealed what he had just learned. The two of them would be building a family, working alongside Don Maria here in North Side. Over probably several too many whiskies, the men discussed the future of their new operation and how to make sure they were the most effective in supporting the building of Chicago. 

Since Maria had learned of his prolific need for blood, she had affectionately referred to him as her angel of death. It was only fitting now that his family be named the same, as a sort of tribute to the Don herself. Angeli della Morte would rise in Chicago. Dexter could not be more proud to be entrusted with such an honor.

Report Post Tip

Sliding a finger through the smoking hole in her coat, Gillian sighs.

"Crap! Can't even cross the street these days without some rogue trying to take me out..." she mutters as she approaches Dexter's new digs. As his bodyguards nod and let her inside, she readjusts the shopping bag slung over one arm. It's heavy, and the bullet that caused the hole in her coat had  grazed her shoulder. Approaching the inner office door, she raps lightly and waits for permission to enter. Dexter's voice quietly responds, so she enters the room. He's seated with Paul, so she smiles and nods in his direction. 

"I'm sorry I didn't stop by sooner. As you know, things have gotten wild out there. But I didn't want your time to shine to go unnoticed..."

At that, she removes the bag from her arm and sets it on the corner of her desk. One by one, she places the contents upon Dexter's fresh, clean blotter. 

First, the obligatory top-shelf whisky.

Second, the stats on a well-deserving "playmate".

Thirdly, a brand new package of plastic wrap.

"Congratulations, Dexter. Full moon tonight...enjoy your evening!"

Report Post Tip

Johnny Marcone stood in the street for what seemed like an age. People walked past him, some grumbling about having to go around. He paid them no heed. He was looking at the new headquarters of the latest family in Chicago's North Side. He wasn't sure how to feel right at that moment. Sure, he was glad for the men. They had worked as hard as anyone to make Mano Di Morte what it was today, harder than most in fact. They deserved this opportunity. Still...he was going to miss them.

"They're only 15 minutes down the road you sap, pull yourself together!" he said aloud, startling an elderly woman who suddenly picked up the pace as she shuffled by. "I bet you didn't know you had it in you, love" he said to her, smirking, before turning his attention back to the building and walking towards it.

The man on the door seemed familiar to Johnny as he approached. The doorman obviously felt the same and held the door open for him with a nod.

"They're nicking all our bloody staff!" he thought to himself as he made his way through to the back. He found what might be a head office, it's door ajar and smiled to himself as he heard the familiar voices drifting out from within. Knocking as he popped his head around the door, he found Dexter sitting behind a large oak desk, PaulHeyman standing just behind him, both looking over a map of Chicago.

"Well, well. Hard at it already I see. I half expected to find the pair of you pissed drunk on whiskey, comparing scars or something. Leadership has changed you both" he tsked, shaking his head.

Pulling a bottle of Middleton single malt from a brown paper bag, he set it on the table.

"How about a break from all that work, eh? I pinched this from the old bar. We aren't going through as many bottles as we used to...for some reason."

Report Post Tip

The night before, Dexter had met briefly with Gillian who had come to congratulate him on his new position. She had also asked him for a favor of sorts, to acquaint himself with a new playmate. This morning on his way to work, he dropped a small package off at Mano di Morte's headquarters for Gillian -- not much larger than a pinky finger would be if it were wrapped in plastic..

PaulHeyman and Dexter were coming up on the end of the day in the office when @Johnny_Macrone entered with a delicious adult beverage. "I haven't whipped anything out yet to compare scares, but if you're asking me to take my clothes off.. I will, however, happily help you drink all of that there whiskey, sir. Work is a bitch and sometimes you just need to relax." 

The three sat and talked about the most important topic Dexter could've imagined right at that moment -- nothing. 

Report Post Tip

After waiting a day or so to give Dexter and PaulHeyman the chance to settle into their new HQ, Maria decided it was time for her to call around. She was excited to see what they had already managed to do with the place, and she was hoping to bump into TurkeyBear. She hadn't seen him since his move from The Loop, and she was looking forward to getting the opportunity to catch up with her old friend. She took the short walk down the street on foot, and let herself into the building, finding her way to Dexter's office by the sound of voices and laughter. Maria knocked on the door briefly before letting herself in. 

In the office, she saw Dexter, PaulHeyman and her own Left Hand, Johnny_Marcone, sat with whiskey, relaxing at the end of the day. 

"Good evening, gents. I hope I'm not intruding on guys night. I just wanted to stop by and check you were setting in alright - I guess Johnny missed you even quicker than I did!"

Maria reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small box, covered in brown paper. Inside was an antique, ornate silver hunting knife, with a blade so sharp Maria was sure it might cut a diamond. Down the handle, the words, "Angeli della Morte" were engraved. The knife had cost Maria an arm and a leg to procure and have engraved, but Maria knew that Dexter would put it to excellent use in his own way. She placed it on Dexter's new desk, sliding it towards him. 

"A small gift for you, Dex, to mark this occasion. Congratulations again!"

Report Post Tip

Vladimir was sat in one his favourite bars in the Chicago Business District, sipping away on a glass of whisky while settling down after a hard day’s grind at the office. It had been a manic day, assisting Dexter and PaulHeyman with their move just down the road from Mano di Morte, Angeli della Morte was finally taking shape. They had kept the Mano di Morte legacy going with faint touches of new, which was now the new talk on the streets of Chicago.  

As Vladfimir picked up his glass and lifted it to his lips, one of his security detail entered the room of the bar

‘Alessandro, I’m trying to relax here and enjoy some time to myself, what the fuck do you want?’

As Alessandro took a step back he spoke

Johnny_Marcone has sent for you sir, he’s on his way to the headquarters of Angeli della Morte with a fine bottle of Middelton single malt and has asked for you to join him, Dexter and @PaukHeyman in Dexter’s office’

Vladimir downed his glass of whisky, patted Alessandria on the back and made his way across to Angeli della Morte and Dexter’s office in his black sedan. Upon opening the door and a little light headed from downing the glass of whisky from the previous bar, Vladimir walked into Dexter’s office and took a seat alongside Maria who had just entered just 5 minutes beforehand

‘How dare you guys start without me, now pour me a fucking drink’

Report Post Tip

It was supposed to be a simple flight to North Side, but being the careless Bear he is, TurkeyBear accidently took the flight to New York. He didn't realise that he was on the wrong plane till it landed in Brooklyn, New York. 

"Well, this is inconvenient! Pine would definitely never let this rest if he knew," TurkeyBear growl-ble. Not wanting to bear the agony of being mocked by Pine, he chartered a private flight back to North Side. Safe to say, he'll be having canned tuna for the forseeable future. 

Bear-ly having enough cash to pay off the cab driver when he dropped TB off at Dexter's HQ, the cab driver grumpily tossed TB's suitcases on the footwalk. TB can't blame him. All TB had left was from his coin purse, which he had been neglecting for a good year. Not wanting to delay his presence anymore, TB grabbed his bag and proceeded in. Laughter was echoing through the halls of the new HQ. TB left his bags at the lobby and followed the echoes. Occasionally, there'll be a loud booming laughter. TB guessed it was PaulHeyman. He does have a hearty laugh! Before entering Dexter's office, he made sure his fur was kept and his suit was in proper condition. TB entered the room and saw most of North Side's finest had already started the party. Coming in fresh from The Loop, TurkeyBear was sure to bring a door gift. Grinning from ear to ear, he slid out a great silver flask from his trenchcoat and proudly asked the room,

"Milk anyone?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Angeli della Morte rises in North Side
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL