Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:18:30
Page:  1 
Speaking the truth! Started by: -KL- on May 20, '16 03:14

Sitting out in front of my favorite restaurant, having a drink and relaxing I receive word of yet another friend who has fallen due to changes in this thing of ours. Realizing it was time to speak my mind I stand on the table and get some peoples attention. Having been around awhile I notice that there are a lot of gangsters out in the crowd ranging from new to don's. As people turn and face my direction I begin to speak.

"Evening everyone I don't want to take up a lot of your time but some things need to be said. It has come to my attention that lately these streets has become a power struggle and crime families and don's are wiping others out because they see fit that it needs to be done. Now I'm not going to name any names 1 because I don't need cops messing things up and 2 its not who I am to snitch on people. Bottom line is whether I live another 30 years or 30 seconds I need to take a second to really stress on this subject. The bosses need to start having sit downs and work out deals with other bosses before just wiping each other out!... reason being is because if they don't what the hell is the point?... bust our ads rise to the top and then get shot and killed because other bosses need you gone!... that's not business, you know what it is?...unorganized crime. Give the other bosses a chance to strike a deal. I get it we all live by the gun and die by the gun but it should be for better reason. Don't mistake this for weakness I have no problem with high body counts but I think it needs to be for a reason. All I'm saying is try to strike deals before wiping out a whole family or city. That's all I have to say."

Report Post Tip

Honestly, in a perfect world that would work. However, there is always a cause to maintain standards. If some leaders notice a leader or two slipping in the standards of the community they hold dear, why would they try to work it out? While you are not naming names, there have been many wars and leaders taken out long before now.

Do I agree with every reason that every leader has been taken out? Of course not. However, I recognize that I am not in their positions. We look to leaders for what it is we should do, how we should act, and all of that good stuff. If the time comes that they let the ball drop or just treat people as a joke, I am sure the other leaders could reach that decision and remove them.  There is a lot of pressure at the top and every move is judged, openly or otherwise.

If you give leaders a heads up that you are thinking of removing them, what do you think is going to happen? Sure they will have the discussion about concerns with the leaders but I can almost guarantee that they will be planning something for a later date. Why would they sit around and wait to be attacked? That seems rather silly.

Report Post Tip

It's pretty much exactly what Cin said. The problem with trying to work it out is, the other family/district/city would then be expecting to be shot in the back any time. This would then cause them to be on constant alert, and quite understandably paranoid and I think we can all agree, when people are paranoid things never end well. 

Report Post Tip

I think my words were misunderstood. If theres a reason to take out a leader ok. if not then no. What I'm saying is think before you shoot.

Report Post Tip

The problem then lies in personal opinion. What I see as a reason to shoot someone, another person may not agree with. I think most people do weigh the consequences before they shoot someone, regardless of who it may be.

Report Post Tip

Oh I agree if you attempt to talk to another leader and they are not cooperating then fire away.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Speaking the truth!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL