Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 02:20:24
Page:  1 
Nebuchadnezzar Comes to Corktown Started by: Neo_ on May 22, '16 04:11

It had been a long day for Neo_ as he dodged and shot bullets, hoping he could take a break. Even though shots were still being fired, he learned that Cesare  had called upon him for a short but sweet meeting. 

As he entered, he didn't know what to think about this whole meeting; what could be so important during such trying times? After a discussion inside with the two he learned what had been so important, and figured everyone else should find out too. With that, he took to the streets to address the people, setting up a soap box and taking his place on top of it.

"Well folks, these are very hectic times for all of us, a time full of war and mourning those that have fallen. Nonetheless, we must move forward and try to rebuild what we have lost. I am proud to announce The Nebuchadnezzar will be expanding Corktown. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cesare and everyone else who has helped me make it this far."

Neo_ looked down, taking a moment to remember those who he had lost but also those he still had to work and celebrate with, and those that he could always count on. He put his hand in his pocket to make sure the key he had received to his HQ was still in his pocket, before looking back up to the people.

"I hope that we will all be able to celebrate even through these tough times, and thank you."

After he stepped off his soap box he headed towards his brand new HQ. As Neo_ unlocked the doors and opened them, he prepared for the times ahead. Even if his journey was going to be filled with hard work, he knew that it would be worth it in the end, and that he had a long road ahead of him. 

"Might as well get started..."

He spoke softly to himself with a chuckle, ready to take on anything

Report Post Tip

Tommo opened the carriage door and left the train, he was hoping he's contact would come through. After too long on the streets working for himself he needed protection, and he was told Detroit was were he could find it. He had left New York after finding he's old crew had been destroyed in a quick and precise war, he however, had been lucky and he knew too well you don't get that lucky a second time round. 

"This will do, thank you for your trouble" He said to the cab driver before getting out and straightening he's coat and popping the collar. 

"So this is the address" He thought to himself. 

Rounding the corner he saw a man standing on a soap box addressing a crowd of whispering onlookers. After listening tentatively he knew this was the man he needed to speak to. 

Once the man had stopped talking, Tommo approached him. "Hello there, my name is Tommo and I assume you need someone who knows how to earn a good dollar?"  Tommo held out his hand and waited to see if it would be shaken.

Report Post Tip

Neo_ looked at Tommo up and down. He waved off his bodyguards as they began to advance on Tommo. 

"he is fine" he told them. 

turning towards Tommo he took his hand and shook it.

"of course, i would be happy to have you, welcome aboard"

Neo_ gave him a cigar and a beer and invited him into the new HQ

Report Post Tip

Crystalize walked through the crowd, smiling up at Neo_, clapping slowly as she nodded her head. 

"Congrats, Neo. You've earned your spot among the already wonderful Crew Leaders of Detroit and I'm sure you'll do everyone proud as you take a spot among them! Don't be a stranger with your new position though, I'm proud of you and I expect to see you do great things!"

She tossed a plate of brownies up at him before waving him off and slipping back through the crowds.

Report Post Tip

Cesare was a busy man since the death of Lady Lucrezia..  Many busy and sleepless nights as he had to reorganize and regroup the area of Corktown Detroit.  Cesare steps out of his car at the address Neo_ had given him, and walks up to turn to address those that were assembled. "Ladies and Gentlemen of this world of Ours.  I know I am a bit late to this party, but I wanted to come out and say a few words."

Cesare clears his throat, and glances around before speaking up again. "Neo_ has done a fair amount of hard work for me since coming for the late Godmother Lucrezia's Family (God Rest Her Soul).   With out his hard work, and his abilities I  nor would the rest of my family be here today."  

Cesare turns to Neo_ and places a hand on is shoulder. "Neo_ I would not of put this on your shoulders if I did not think you could handle it, and with your help, and the help of all with in Corktown.  We shall make this district, and this City of Detroit great and plentiful for many moons to come. "

Cesare pulls out a flask and opens it up and takes a big swig before capping it off and starts to walk off. "Carry on with your work, and god speed young man."

Report Post Tip

It was a peaceful day in Black Bottom. BigHurt had just gotten off the phone with GodMother Chairman, Lily. They had discussed the travel arrangements over to Corktown for Neo_'s big day. 

.. a bit later in the afternoon.. BigHurt arrived in front of Neo_'s new HQ. After turning the car off.. Big sits and admires the magnificant structure that sat before him. Taking in a sip from his flask.. he get's out of the car and proceeds up to the front door. A few knocks later.. a woman opens the door and greets him with a smile. 

"Pleasure to see you GodFather. Please.. come in. Neo_ is up in his office. Go on up."

Big proceeds up the stairs and knocks on Neo_'s door. 

"Come in!" 

"Neo_.. great to see you my friend. Congratulations on your auth here in Corktown. Cesare certainly has the right man for the job here."

smiling, Neo_ says "Awww.. thank you, sir. I'm very excited and eager to help grow our beautiful city."

"Well.. we're certainly happy for you and can't wait to see what's in store for Corktown. I hear things are growing quite well here. Keep up the great work. Unfortunately I don't have much time.. have some business to attend to in Downtown. I have a meeting with our GodMother Chairman. I will leave you with this, however.." Big pulls out a hand made cigarrette and hands it to Neo_.

"This is some of that wacky-tobaccy.. good stuff. It'll make ya' happy. Enjoy my friend. And again.. congratulations!"

The two exchanged hand shakes and a smile and Big turns and makes his way back to his car.. Downtown bound.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Nebuchadnezzar Comes to Corktown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL