Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 23:09:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Reckoning of SpikeS Started by: DoctorBoom on May 23, '16 03:03

RobOakheart, of course it was only about protecting your people and not being forced to do reprehensible things...becoming the pre-eminent force was just a very saddening consequence, I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong, I think gaining the crown whilst still being able to categorise doing so in a manner of self-defence is a commendable and disarmingly shrewd achievement. I just don't buy that this was an unfortunate chain of events that nobody wanted and we are all really cut up about because, well, why would we be? The people forcing our hand are dead, their allies are dead and we can shape the union in our chosen image. Hardly has the makings of a great tragedy, does it?

Report Post Tip
We commit ourselves to this line of work, make the friends, spend the money and pull the trigger over and over again. We laugh, drink, walk the streets, send the mails and run the jails.

However there's always the same reaction when it comes down to the gritty truth and grim reality. There's always the disgruntled few that think there should be an iron clad reason why events unfolded as they did. They should be adequately satisfied with that reason and by that logic, so should the rest of our world.

Well, that's the nature of this life. You need to consider that every leader, at every point in their career is under the scrutiny and watchful eye of his or her peers. Their future and that of their family is entirely in their hands.
Report Post Tip
Dear doctorboom aka Kimble .

There is a fine line between bloodthirsty and wanting to be in power .. and you my brother are just bloodthirsty witch is fine but don't come out here and try to tell everyone that spikes is a good friend of yours and say your sorry that it went down this way .. because we all know it's bullshit. Just man up and say I want to control the power and be done with it . MAN UP BROTHER LIKE YOU HAVE A SET OF BALLS

As for Toby I like your little speech tell everyone that you had NO clue what was going on .. that right there made me fall of my chair laughing my ass off... everyone knows your Dooms lap dog and that's fine .. but when you sign up for a family you are supposed to be loyal to that family and fight to the end .. that's why you join a family .. not just run and hide because you want to live ..

As far as the take down of Spikes well it was a plan that was executed well and congratulations to Chicago in a job well done . This is a world that we signed up for its always going to be a bloody world and there is always going to be a change in power NO ONE LIVES FOREVER.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Bullshit?  My speech here is the most honest thing that's been told around our community in a very long time.  I think my speech here covered the basics of why this all happened.  It had nothing to do with being bloodthirsty or power hungry in the slightest.  I had as much power as I could have hoped for.  I could have worked with Spike until the end of time had he not made such outrageous demands.

This came down to more than my and SpikeS's personal relationship here.  It was about my city and my values.  Like I said, I had all the power I could want.  One conversation with the Godfather and anyone would have died on our whim.  It was about more than that.  I am not a greedy person.  My bloodline has been around long enough to have been in every position already, low or high.  I am not here to prove anything to anyone but the people that follow me, and that is to prove they can trust me when I say "I will protect you while you are a member of our thing".

Report Post Tip

I loved what you did with Manhattan.

but this was an utter cunts trick.

JTG, i'm fucking ashamed of you.

Report Post Tip

Oh my, it only gets worse here. Doctorboom claiming he is honest, has standards and does not break codes. With the end to the paranoia of SpikeS comes the delusions of Doctorboom.

A few months ago, SpikeS declared war on a district/crew in Detroit that Doctorboom was a hand in. Doctorboom killed people on the side of SpikeS then during the war switched side to become the LH of Lily and later RH. He abandoned his own crew and people to join up with SpikeS side and proceeded to kill those he abandoned. Soon after he was given his own crew and District. Today he stands before us as the next person in power of the many crews to grace our world. To claim there are standards involved and codes are not being broken to achieve your goals is something quite disturbing considering what allowed you to get here.

Doctorboom doesn't care who he calls friends as long they get him what he wants. He is also quick to abandon his people as we have learned from the past.

Whatever though, i suspect it's all just a big farce anyway to ensure only people 'in the circle" get to power while another has grown tired of it.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Wow.  Your story here Sbd is so full in inaccuracies it is nothing short of stunning.  I have never once served as Lily's Left Hand.  I might be wrong but I am guessing you are talking about the war launched by Jake_Ballard, Cordelia, and RoryRourke?

If that is the case here is what happened.  I myself was still asleep when I got a frantic phone call from SpikeS saying that his own people had turned on him and he was now being attacked by Jake_Ballard and co.  Upon hearing this I rushed to the aid of who?  Cordelia, the woman I was serving as her left hand man.  Even though it was SpikeS that called me for help I still shot his people and gave Cordelia every bit of intel I could on SpikeS's whereabouts, thought patterns, and war strategy.  By the time I had to leave for the dream world I had killed no less than eight of SpikeS's people as well.  

How did I live?  While I was asleep resting up for the next days fighting SpikeS pile-drove Mr. Ballard, Cordelia, and RoryRouke single-handedly.  When I awoke I was stunned to see the mega performance of the living legend.  I begged for his forgiveness and he accepted.  Why he did this?  I couldn't tell you.  He knew I killed his people and informed Cordelia about everything I knew.  It was not until after Cordelia herself had passed that I attempted to save my own life.  

Turncoat and traitor?  I think not.  If you have questions for the bloodlines of Cordelia and SpikeS about why they both safelisted me, feel free to ask them.  

Report Post Tip

Why lie about being LH and RH to Lily? Anyone could clearly see you stood beside her during the war having switched sides.

You also killed people from those you abandoned. I know of witness statements of both instances. How does that not make you a 'turncoat'?

JuanitasGusset Sbd how about next time there is no street appearance, no explanation and no fucking attempt to run this world as it should be run.

You're entitled to nothing, no reason or insight into the thought process of those who are successful men and women of these streets. Nobody is born into a crew leader position, they earn it through the actions of themselves and their ancestors, they learn how to carry themselves and manage others. What you're being given here is insight into one of the successful figures of our world, learn from it, accept the past and piss off.

What are you trying to achieve? Recognition of his alleged flaws or wrong doings? An apology or retirement from this life?

Do you think you're going to get it?
Report Post Tip

Wait what? DoctorBoom/JTG was LH or RH to Lily? My father was a former member of Lily's crew but never seen Mr. Boom become an LH/RH to her when that DT war happened.

Kudos to Mr. Boom for protecting his city, and also Rest in Peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tip

DoctorBoom was neither LH or RH ever 

My mother Lucrezia was Lily's RH and Edelman was left.

Report Post Tip

Those of you who are having a little hissy fit here are failing to see the big picture. You're so butthurt that your parents died, that you're blind to the true reasons this had to happen. What Don Boom did was nothing compared to the countless times Godfather SpikeS stabbed friends in the back. 

DoctorBoom was given a choice. Fall in line and "purge" nearly every major mobster in his city (IE. Maria, Insta, LucaRossi, myself, Toaly, Dexter, Marius, OwenHart etc etc) or take a stand for those he had brought in and offered a fair shot at having a decent life in la cosa nostra. He chose the latter, and in doing so he has not only earned the undying loyalty of a pretty large group of Spike-haters, but has also ended an era of shadow dealing and paranoia the likes of which we have never seen before. Hopefully we never see anything like it again. 

The most important thing a man or woman can do when they are in charge of a city, is to PROTECT THEIR CITY.

When you become a city head, outside friendships MUST take a backseat to the people who work with and for you. Otherwise you will be nothing. You will be a puppet to your friends, just another sheep in the flock. If your city is threatened, you end that threat. Immediately. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

My name is Enzo Amore and I am a certified G and a bona fide stud and you can't teach that! Now what this guy shogun says is true at least to some extent while we'll never know how many deaths were ordered and all that the one thing that does stay consistent with these stories is my man Doctorboom was doin what he thought best for his city. There were times when spikes definitely wanted people outta the way no one can deny it good reasons or bad it was still requested and some godfathers/godmothers let it happen such as Rayln and WFG4L. Does that make em bad? no it means they trusted and respected their friend more than some of those that they worked with that may have place doubts, who knows what woulda happened if they said no but they didn't and my man Boom saw that and didn't wanna risk it happening in his city with people he trusted. When you're a leader you're gonna have to make decisions and here's a news flash for everyone not everyone is gonna like every decision you can't make everyone happy, you do the best you can with what you have and that's what Boom did. Love em or hate em you gotta respect what he did and the risks he took that coulda ended his city and burned his bridges with friends bloodlines for generations but he did what he thought was right and that ain't SAWFT. 

Hear hear, Shogun. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Report Post Tip

Shogun always has a way with words. 

Summed up everything perfectly. 

Report Post Tip

RedHood sat just above listening to everyone go on and on about how but hurt they are because of their parents death. RedHood liked DoctorBooms speech every much. Making his way down from the roof top. 

"Shogun said it the best way possible. I mean come on given the choice of purging a district to please a Godfather outside of our city to show loyalty to him. I'd say fuck em. I'd used garrote wire around the fucks neck and pulled as tight as I could. The fact that he was told to kill his own and didn't show's he has honor which isn't very common with us thieves. Again I applaud you DoctorBoom for not whipping out what I call home."

Report Post Tip

What is this? The Shogun Appreciation Society? xD

It still amuses me how people are questioning the motive behind this whole thing, it's nonsensical to think there was another option.

Report Post Tip

I think is a simple problem for many Fitz, we live in a world where we have those who can and those who will.   Those who can often we hear in their journals, i wish i had shot x, y or z where those who will are a minority who get the job done and it acts as a total shock to half the people, while the other half were waiting for something to happen.

It is a tragedy for those trapped in the middle but then we sit with the simple idea prevention is better than cure.  Band-aids dont fix bullet holes at the end of the day and the aim to win or even survive at the end of the day is kill the threat and avoid losses; and work the long term and short term goals and consequences of both.

Perfect system would of been we pick the associates and get them back to work as no oath taken but sadly with rogues, activity, family members who wont even bear family markers and loyalty is always going to be a rough ride.

Report Post Tip

My parents didn't die in any recent 'wars'. I am not trying to achieve anything other than showing the people it's only getting worse. I don't care who it is at the top only how they got there and how they carry themselfs.

Report Post Tip

I think I have been pretty up front, honest, and respectful throughout most of this during the after math.  You are the one that came to our fair streets with lies and misconceptions.

If you know not what you speak of, keep quiet.    

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Reckoning of SpikeS
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL