Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:04:55
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The choice of the NY people - well, some of them. Started by: Rudy on May 24, '16 10:04

A huge war has come over us, many friends have fallen. The last day we have been busy visiting funerals mostly.
As the day breaks, we, the people, are told to move to another city and leave the place where our heart is, where we fought, where we lost our friends, that died to keep the city safe for us.
I say 'Nay'
I put my soul down here in New York, and that is where it will stay, understanding the risks..

Report Post Tip

The_Gambler sees her chance and leaps the chasm, clutching it with both hands

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO

TO GET YOU TO INSTITUTE FRIES AS NEW YORK'S CURRENCY

Report Post Tip

Still has more of a spine and a better "leader" than Miss_Niki. Congrats on showing some loyalty and hopefully you last!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
New York haven't been in any big wars?

Just bent over and took it each time without so much as a whimper, much like these roguish actions.
Report Post Tip

So, HenrySestern , what should I have done? Shut up and left the city?

Report Post Tip
As yourself - What would "esteemed" Godfather Chairman Rayln have done?

Just retire and save the bother Rudy.
Report Post Tip

Retiring would be the easy way out. Making a point here. And dying for it!

Report Post Tip

Rudy, man....you've made a terrible mistake here. Did you even ask for auth?

You are well respected among our community, you would have been given decent consideration, I think, had you waited long enough to find out. As it is, you've walked through this door and closed all others.

I'm going to be very sad to see you die, my friend. Especially like this.

Report Post Tip

I asked authorisation, Johnny_Marcone , but it couldn't have been given.

I'll miss you, pal!

Report Post Tip

Landmark: The first ever MR crew without a single trained gun!

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, as much as many of us have attachments to a city, or past loyalties to friends past; if we all start setting up and staking claim to an patch of dirt I see it ending in chaos.   Whether is the blood shed caused by those setting up and being cut down, or suddenly if one was to be authed, the stampede to do similar stating precedent would be overwhelming i expect.

As much as i would like to say time and patience, we work in a world with no guarantees and we generally can only live in hope to achieve and succeed.

Report Post Tip

Guys I think we should him live and give the bronx a fair shake at living 2 months! What do you say?!?!

Report Post Tip

Just to state it more clearly. For those that don't know the history.

This crew will not shoot anyone. There is not a single trained gun here. Stop the duelling invites, I don't see the point in that.

I do see a point in making clear there are people that do not want to move from the city they love.

Report Post Tip

Rudy is reading poetry:

I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.
Report Post Tip

Vladimir, while walking through New York had heard a lot of commotion from around the corner. Vladimir cleared his throat and decided to speak over the commotion.

Rudy, You are making no point whatsoever other than making clear to everyone you're just throwing your toys out of your pram. You are bringing shame to your lineage after Godmother Lily has offered a safe haven in Detroit for everyone in Manhattan and reintegrate you into this world of ours. You will be swimming with da fishies soon, and nobody will bat an eyelid.

Vladimir walks off and sniggers while getting back into his sedan awaiting around the corner

Report Post Tip

I'm stunned returning after a few years away at how lost things have got here....this is the mafia! Grow a pair, of course protect your family at all costs - but be ready, willing and able to make the tough choices when needed. Working your way up takes time - I get that....but to protect that at all / any cost - not good. To turn your back on your home city - never! There would of been more honor in dying in the war that to run and hide.

I'm with Rudy reading poetry in the garden for now.

Report Post Tip

I can understand not wanting to move. I can't understand being a Rogue that can't or won't shoot. Utterly pointless.

I'm not advocating you to shoot at people, just pointing out the obvious flaw in your plan. The only way to live after going rogue is to defeat the people that deem your actions rogue. Without taking control via force, you won't take control at all and you will simply die.

To what end then is your cause helped by going rogue? I feel none. Other than to make a laughing stock of yourself. It doesn't embody your love for NY, simply your lack of care for your own life really.

As for the person fighting alongside you and now deceased, given they were once part of another city and moved to NY, I can't really see how they can hold such values.

Report Post Tip

Maybe to have people start thinking about expressing their thoughts instead of swalling all shit put down their throats?

Report Post Tip

I don't know how becoming a rogue is expressing your thoughts, but each to their own. 

Hope you enjoy it for the very short time it lasts!

Report Post Tip

Sometimes choices are limited VladimirLenin - taking a stand - having a spine - is important in this world of ours...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The choice of the NY people - well, some of them.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL