Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 08:20:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
The choice of the NY people - well, some of them. Started by: Rudy on May 24, '16 10:04

My father was Niki's LHM....she knew and she shot Goliath. Then ran away to DT. I could not and would not be a part of that.

Report Post Tip

So wait, almost every single leader that Rayln authed was a threat to herself? That begs the question as to why she would auth people that were such threats. That seems rather silly. I can't say I know many leaders who would auth threats to themselves.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Cin, what about SpikeS? Seems those he authed ended up being his demise was it not? It's not so uncommon to have to kill one of your auths, power can do some pretty wild things to people who don't know how to properly control and it. Now you might be onto something with how many she killed but are you sure that they were actually a threat to her? And she wasn't just being strung along like a marionette or perhaps she was killing them to just protect herself because maybe they were planning a move on someone outside of her realm of power? There are actually quite a few that authd their own demise, maybe you should go back to your history lessons?
Report Post Tip

Well, DemTitties...there is a difference between an auth of yours who has grown to run their own city and therefore, doesn't work for you anymore and an auth who is still working for you...

Maybe you should take a few lessons on how this world actually works?

Report Post Tip
So when a Godfather graces you with your own city and you're not a Godfather yourself you no longer report to said Godfather?!?! Well fuck me sideways, I must have got this all wrong!
Report Post Tip

Please tell me that isn't sarcasm and is you actually realizing that it is true. 

If not and this is your attempt to seem like you've actually got a point....allow me to educate you. The rank of 'Godfather' that you see certain individuals wear is one bestowed on them by the 'Gods' and that is achieved by them attaining the clout to carry certain units of drugs alongside a rather sizable family(only at the time of their trial). The title of 'City Head' is one that is given to someone who runs the city. Normally, most city head's are Godfathers. However, in the case of the person chosen to lead the city not having the units to take this mantle, then they stay at whatever rank they have achieved and try to reach the status of Godfather(normally) along with running their city.

City heads, Godfather or not, are responsible for the smooth functioning and defense of their city. They are not some Crew Leader who has to kick up his/her dues to someone else. They have reached the top of the fucking food chain, they just haven't been recognized as such by the Gods. 

Report Post Tip

So,

I've gleaned 3 things from this debate

1. Martyrs can apparently be alive and/or fictitious, purportedly magic jews
  2. humour is lost on some people
  3. Miss Nikki and Lily are utter fucking spineless, odious, hoofwanking thundercunts who will sell their friends out for the promise of a better deal............then run off to a different city where they won't be GF

nice work ladies, I'm sure you'll bask in the reflective glory of your deeds.....................cunts.

Tommo watching the scene unfold hears the latest outburst and shakes his head.

"Have we really lowered to such bad standards... you should be ashamed of yourself."

Report Post Tip

After hearing all of this constant chatter and salty people about Lily decided to say a couple of things. 

First off all this shit is senseless but then again I guess people just like to complain when things don't go in their favor or as they see fit. This isn't the first time that I have seen it and I know it won't be the last. Now I'm not going to get into Chicago and the take down of SpikeS here, this is simply about the salt directed towards Miss_Niki and her choice to bring operations to Detroit.

It truly amazes me how many people can't see the overall picture here. Everything that has been done to get Manhattan to come to Detroit was for everyone in those two crews better well being. Now you may see this as the "all might powers" flexing their muscles but you would be completely wrong. Though I know regardless what I say it won't matter to some and honestly I don't care. This was simply to give everyone the best chance to live a good life.

Now I can't completely speak for Niki and I won't but I know that everything that she has done up to this point has been for the people with in her district and their safety, I know this because I can say the same thing about myself.

I'm not coming out here to pick fights with people, cause I don't care to argue a senseless topic like this one. I just came out here to let people know why. Take it or leave it, it is what it is.

Report Post Tip
Every crew leader has his or her own ways. Thats all right. I am sure there is no perfect CL or GF.
Personally, i find these wipeouts rather weak. So many innocent people that worked hard are killed for being on the wrong spot. Fuck that. Actions should be taken personally, would make this mafia world a lot more realistic than having all these paranoids erasing whole cities.
Report Post Tip

I don't wanna pick no fight or nothin but 4 people have rogued outta her crew today and another just committed suicide, I dunno bout you but some of that salt seems to be from the living about choices that were made whether it be moving to Detroit or other previous ones.

Report Post Tip

Lily it is great to hear you in the streets on this subject, you will hear many have strong views. You mention that you won't speak for Niki and I get that - Niki is more than capable of speaking for herself yet has not or will not. My father told me all I need to know so I am unsurprised by her silence....what could she say in the circumstances?

This mafia life of ours whilst sometimes involves lying and killing for a greater perceived good looks odd when watching the NY people pack their suitcases today and limp over to Detroit without a whisper of communication from Niki...

Report Post Tip
It says something, EnzoAmore , that's exactly what the topic is about. Standing up for what you believe in.
Report Post Tip

Finds a written note on her doorstep...the message on the outside reads: I knew your father please read this aloud

From the recent events that have unfolded in New York City, I have learned a lot about this thing of ours, thanks to Miss_Niki and The Forsaken; but honestly I can't sit back and watch this anymore. I need to stop lying to myself, because I learned that she let an entire city go down to save our district and more importantly, herself. I also disagree that we left our home for another city. We must love our city but I feel betrayed to be honest. All of that death, and she has nothing to show for it. The truth is that Niki knew about Rayln's death and Wiggle's death before hand. She did not say anything at all, If you consider them your friends and you preach about being loyal to your city and friends how can you be a hypocrite and go and turn your back on your friends and city and let this happen? I understand your need to save your crew members but If you ask them, the few you have left, is it morally correct to save your ass and get 200 people killed. In most people's eyes, that's wrong. I loved you guys but I can't stand being a puppet to be used for some one else needs. Aldo, K_W, all of you guys, I love you... you guys are my family but I can't deal with traitors. I love you guys so much and I love forsaken but don't betray your friends or city to just save your skin. Forsaken is my home but I don't like who it is run by and how "she" runs it you guys will die in a few days so don't die under a traitor die with honor.  Love Falcon

Report Post Tip

Big had received news that there were some un-happy people out and about the streets of... Detroit.

When he'd heard the news that the remaining families would be setting up in Downtown.. he was more than happy to welcome them with open arms. Let's ponder on "welcome them with open arms".. shall we? 

In this thing of ours.. leaders are sometimes faced with decisions that may make "friends" unhappy or second guess leadership abilities. What is interesting here is that everybody joins this life knowing that death is iminent and try to do what they can to survive as long as they can. They also wish for their leader to do what is best for them and for their family. Regardless of what they do, did, or didn't know. So when a leader makes a decision that seems to be in the best interest of their members and associates, they should ablige their leaders decision. 

A decision was made to move to Detroit with the best intentions in mind. Why be a sitting duck on a small block surrounded by a lot of open real estate? Some could argue that those two families should have stayed and taken over NY. Would this be in the best interest of his/her family? Clearly Big's thoughts didn't matter here.. as people will feel how they feel, but he was more than willing to welcome Manhattan's families into Detroit with open arms. Why? Well because if he was faced with a decision similar to this.. he may very well have done the same. He wants what's best for his family.. to grow and prosper. All the while everyone knows they, at any point, may die. So why not join an already prospering city? 

"A word to each and every one of you who feel that the decision to keep you growing is unfair.. I ask you to think really really hard about what you actually might do in the event that you're faced with this decision as a leader. And just one final thing.. if you don't like the decision that has been made and you don't want to be part of Detroit.. then kindly get the fuck out!"

... the bottom of the transcript was signed "Love BigHurt"

Report Post Tip
Rudied stands at the back of the crowd and watches BigHurt speech
To keep you growing, that s a nice way to put it..
He turns round and leaves, mumbling: he could also have said: A word to those and every one of you that feel the decision of ripping the heart out was unfair..
Report Post Tip

After landing in Detroit, Azazel decided it was once again time to say a few words in the discussion which was talking place regarding the recent movement of the two NY families

Firstly, allow me to thank Lily & BigHurt for taking the NY families in with open arms. Whilst I can understand that there are many people who are unhappy about it, the decision ultimately belongs to the CL of that family and it is one that you must accept if you are part of THEIR family. Should you be unable or unwilling to accept this, then you should speak up in a respectable manner.

I commended Rudy for taking his stance on his love for NY and stating many times that he simply wanted to setup in NY and run a small family. However, this is not the way this world works and Rudy was 100% aware of what the consequences would be, that was his decision though and his death means that it should still be respected by those who actually think about it rather than try to just complain and moan. Every person has their own beliefs and Rudy stuck to his, nothing more.

Now, what I do not agree with is the direction which this discussion has been steering in terms of slander thrown around towards people who were not really in this conversation. The topic is about Rudy and his decision to make his last stand for the home he loved, not the recent wars OR the leadership skills of family heads.

As said previously, I am not here to partake in any mindless back and forth arguing about silly points. With Rudy gone, let this discussion remain relevant otherwise it becomes just another rant about the war and there are enough of those already around the streets.

Standing up and passing a beer to BigHurt and a glass of wine to Lily, Azazel takes his leave and heads back to the Distillery to bring Frank_Gallagher some more crates of his favourite drink after the long days activities.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $370,000 Tip

Whilst waiting for Niki to make an appearance she has been chatting to people on the streets and it seems no-one ever sees or hears Niki here - rumour has it she stays locked away in her HQ.

Azazel you make some good points - I for one am proud of the stance my father, Rudy, Nolan and Falcon took in standing up for what they believed was right and for their city of New York, to not stand beside a traitor, to not collude with the lies and to not run away to Detroit. DrBoom wrote to my father direct explaining that Niki was inexperienced and needed the guidance of those in Detroit, in this world of ours to run away from your home city because the leader needs help to lead is unthinkable! Essentially Detroit is one big babysitter for Niki - I'm sure you guys are pretty busy at the moment with diaper changes. If someone can hold Niki's hand maybe one day she might feel a little bit brave and take a step onto these streets, or maybe she will stay locked up in her HQ and hope this all blows over quickly.....again....

Having remained silent throughout this discussion following his initial comments of dismay at the decision taken by his late friend Rudy, Johnny felt the need to step forward once more. Taking a couple of last pulls on his woodbine as he gathered his thought, he pushes himself off from the wall he was slouching against and addresses the crowd.

Over the past couple of days I've listened to a lot of people vent their disatisfaction at the current leaders, particularly those of Detroit and New York. Many of those that have spoken have been from New York. Rudy came first along with with Charlie-Brown. Falcon and Nolan quickly followed. Mr.Browns daughter Charlotte-Web has been particularly vocal and quite bitter, while Juanita's offspring has been a complete disgrace.

I've tried to see things from their perspective, but I can't. I stood silent at Falcon's funeral and listened to Charlotte-Webs eulogy, which was essentially paraphrasing what Falcon had written on his own business card, except she left off one particularly important quote. It read....

"Forever in debt to Miss_Niki".

I'll let that sink in for a second in the hopes that maybe it jogs some distant memories of obligation, duty and loyalty. Falcon was forever in debt to his crew leader apparently, yet when she made a decision he disagreed with he forgot that debt.

When you pledge your life to your family, you are agreeing to put them above your own or those of your own blood. That's what it is to be made. Rudy and Charlie pledged their lives to Miss_Niki and The Forsaken, not to New York. They didn't pledge their lives to Rayln, or to MrOwl. They pledged their lives and their loyalty to Miss_Niki.

Then they turned their back on that pledge. Both had been trusted by her at one point or another with the position of LH. They'd worn their family badges with supposed pride in public, but when she made the decision to relocate to a different city, they quickly turned their back on her and the rest of their family.

Take a quick look at Charlie-Browns business card and you will see, in big bold letters.....

Proud Member of

The Forsaken

Not too proud to stab your crew leader and the rest of your family in the back, eh Charlie?

This harks back to a discussion WillHayes brought to the streets a couple of weeks ago about what he perceived as an over inflated sense of entitlement shown by the community, and in particular our younger members. I disagreed at the time but the evidence has been clear here.

Miss_Niki kept you all alive during the war, and this is how you repay her? You should be ashamed of yourselves. She was/is your crew leader. We are all given two chances in this life to be sure about our choice of families. Once when we join initially, and a second time when we receive our button and agree to be a member of that family for life, no matter what. No. matter. what.

Too many people here have forgotten what those two decisions really mean.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $170,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The choice of the NY people - well, some of them.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL