Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 13:04:22
Page:  1 
Medicinal Expansions in Black Bottom Started by: BigHurt on May 26, '16 19:50

Things around the HQ of The Intensive Care Unit had come together quite nicely over the past month and a half. There was finally a place for everything.. and everything in its place. 

Never a dull moment around the place. People always hustling about.. up and down the halls. Smiles.. always smiles on their faces. It pleased Big. He enjoys seeing things come along nicely. Sometimes he likes to stand off to the side of a hallway and just people watch. This particular afternoon, Big was in the hall of the west wing and was discussing some business with Chucky. Retread claimed to be off scrubbing floors at GodMother Chairman Lily's HQ. A favor he owed or something.. 

Whilst standing in the hallway talking with Chucky, a rush of air hit them from the doors opening just around the corner. Two rather large men came around the corner and, in unison, took position on either side of the hall. Big noticed them right away.. guards of his GodMother Lily. She must be in the building. 

Suddenly Dollface comes running out of a room and into the hall.. "Big.. Big.. you're needed in the banquet hall. Come quick!"

BigHurt and Chucky give each other a quick glance and then hurried down the hall toward the banquet hall. Lily's guards followed. 

Just as they got up to the double doors leading into the hall.. Retread was standing outside the closed doors. "Oh hey boss.. just finished up the cleaning in the banquet hall. Wanted to get your approval on it." Big, a bit confused, looks at Retread and says "Retread.. I thought you were over at Lily's HQ?" 

"I was earlier." he said. "Made my way back over here a bit ago.. needed to get this room done."

"Well... then let's go inside and see it already."

BigHurt took the lead and opened the doors into the hall. To his surprise.. the entire city of Detroit was in attendance. Because yes, the banquet hall is that big. Straight ahead was the aisle leading directly up to the stage area.. where GodMother Lily was standing, facing the crowd and now facing BigHurt. The look on his face.. suggested maybe he'd seen a ghost.. he wasn't sure what this was all about.. but all eyes were on him right now. 

Lily puts her hand up in the air to get everyone to quiet down enough for her to speak and be heard. 

"Thank you all for coming today.. and for keeping Big out of the loop of this gathering.. I'm guessing by the look on his face that he hadn't heard of this." she chuckles. "Come on up here Big. I got something to address."

Hesitant for a brief moment.. Big relaxes his raised eyebrow and makes his way to the stage to stand with Lily. He had done this once already with her.. he was familiar with this process. As he gets to the stairs leading up to the stage.. Lily smiles at him and points to the spot next to her on the floor, just as she had when she was about to announce his auth in Black Bottom and the opening of the ICU. 

He makes his way up the stairs and hugs her before taking his place, facing the crowd, next to her right side.

"Good people of Detroit. Welcome each and every one of you here today. I really appreciate you all coming out and joining us in this lovely facility that BigHurt has done so well with. He and his family have done a fine job thus far. Quite impressive really. Recently our shores experienced massive losses and major bloodshed. To the family members of the fallen.. our sincerest sympathies to you and the rest of your family members experiencing grief during this time. 

However, this is the way of our world and when great losses are had.. new beginnings are born. Obviously me taking The Cure to Downtown created an opportunity in Black Bottom. I'm going to need you to take over Black Bottom." BigHurt's head, previously looking out to the crowd while listening to his God Mother, now quickly turned and looked her dead in the eyes.. one eyebrow again raised while looking at her, puzzled.  

"I.. I don't.. wait!? What are you saying right now, Lily?"

"Oh Big.. don't be silly. You know exactly what I'm saying. Black Bottom isn't going to run itself. Are you willing to take over Black Bottom? I want you to be the God Father of BB BigHurt."

"I would be absolutely honored, God Mother!" claps started throughout the room.. they grew to a roar. They turn toward each other and give each other a hug. 

"That settles that then. Ladies and gentlemen.. please join me in another round of applause for your new God Father of Black Bottom, Detroit... BigHurt." more thunderous applauds erupted. "Now Big.. you understand this means you need to authorize a new crew leader. You'll need another family to start up here in Black Bottom. You need an under boss."

"This is the easy part." he says smirking while looking down at Chucky. Matter of fact they had just taken part in a similar conversation the other day. Big had brought it up to Chucky.. telling him if the day ever came that he'd be a GF.. Chucky would be offered to branch out. Maybe find a way to expand our medicinal operations. Chucky seemed very open to this idea at the time. The smile he flashed back up at Big was a tall tell sign that he was still very much interested in an opportunity of his own. 

"Hey folks.. I'm extremely ecstatic for this opportunity. To lead not just a family.. but an entire district. I can't tell you enough how happy I am to get to see this district grow. Prospering through unity. This is the life we chose and we will be united through the process. Chucky.. please come on up here." Big looks out at Chucky, making eye contact, and gives a sly grin while pointing to the spot on the ground next to him.. where he wanted Chucky to stand. 

"So Chucky.. we had this very conversation just the other day. What if? Well.. I had a feeling things might go this way after this last week. So I went out and got something.." Big pulls out a piece of paper and a key from his inside chest pocket of his blazer coat. 

"This is the postal address of the building you'll be setting up shop in.. and the key to open the door. That is, of course, if you're interested still. It has plenty of room." 

Chucky stood there for a moment.. in amazement. He kept smiling and staring at the address on the piece of paper. His eyes darted between the paper and the key and back up at the crowd. The applause was deafening. He turns and looks at BigHurt and Lily.. with a great big smile he's nodding his head at them. His way of accepting through the current noise in the room.

How could there not be a lot of cheering and shouting. There was an awful lot of celebrating to be had now. 

BigHurt and Lily go on to shake Chucky's hand and give him a hug before they made their way off stage.. to allow Chucky some lime light of his own. Just before reaching the top of the stairs to make his way off stage, Big turns back to Chucky and says..

"Seriously.. congratulations. You deserve this my friend. You've done a fantastic job! I look forward to us growing this district together. Address the people once you've soaked it in."

Chucky stood there.. pretty much on cloud 9 for the moment. Applause still echoing off the walls. He was thinking of what he was about to say. He knew now was his time to address the great people of Black Bottom.. as he would soon find himself with several of these same folks in his own crew.. as their leader. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Chucky looks at Big and Lily with a big smile on his face approaches the stage. Looking for the spot on the floor to stand. Chucky not good with words, hoping at some point this day would come, takes out his wallet and fumbles through it, pulling out an old wrinkled paper. With his voice cracking he starts to to speak.

First, um first ehh, First of all I would like to thank Godmother Lily for giving BigHurt and myself this great opportunity. You are wise beyond your years and know whats best for Detroit. And congratulations on Godmother Chairman!

And secondly I would like to thank BigHurt for entrusting me to run a crew here in beautiful Black Bottom. You been like a Brother to me and have been a great leader, and a friend to many. You know how to get the job done. So congratulations on making Godfather you are well deserving of this title. I Thank you both!

I also would like to announce that Big and Lily have asked me to head up the newest division of the Cure and ICU. That will be known as the "Medical Marijuana Unit" 

Oh one other thing, I will be looking for hands. If any of you fine people think you have what it takes please stop by my office with your resume to discuss that position. For now the beautiful Dollface will holding position of RHM. Thanks again.

Chucky looks at the new key and the address written on the paper with a grin from ear to ear knowing that Detroit will be great with Lily and BigHurt leading us.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Chucky, best of luck to you in your new role. I do not know you personally know you, however, I have heard good things and I am sure this promotion is well deserved. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Chucky, I wish you the best of luck!

Report Post Tip

Walter was in Corktown doing some jobs in Neos HQ when he heard that there will be some party in BB,he called few bodyguards to follow him to BB to see whats really going on there

In Big Hurts HQ was tons of well know Detroit faces,Walter decide to say few words

"I want  congrats to BigHurt and Chucky,I know you guys for some time and I know that you deserved all this

in that name I raise this glass of wine,cheers and good luck"

Report Post Tip
Congratulations to the Black Bottom. Job well done.
Report Post Tip

Congrats BigHurt and Chucky, you both rock!

Report Post Tip

Congrats to the both of you! 

Report Post Tip

LucaRossi was strolling the streets with his some of his new associates. Cecilya and Poopship_Destroyer were walking along Luca as he made continued to make his rounds of his block. He had to make sure they knew the rules of collecting and how to properly collect. Cecilya informed Luca that she read his rules thoroughly but he wanted to make sure. As Luca continued to preach his ways to associates, they stumbled upon a great announcement. The appointment of a new Godfather...

"Congratulations Godfather BigHurt. It must have been a long and challenging journey. Not many have been at your position before. And to you, Don Chucky, congratulations on your own appointment as well.

Come on. Lets go Poopship. We have things to destroy."

Report Post Tip

Neo had made his way to Black Bottom. He was a few days late but he was out of town dealing with other matters. On his stroll throughthe city he saw an extra building that wasnt there before. It was adjacent to the ICU and had several green houses full of pot plants. Outside he saw a few of Chucky's members, baked as usual, sitting by the door. 

"He is in his office, Don Neo" they all told him collectively. 

He walked into the HQ and knocked on the office door and entered

"seems i am a bit late to the party, congratulations Chucky. Its always good to see our fine city grow."

Neo poured himself a bit of BigHurts wine and took a sip. 

"By the way, how are your guards supposed to protect your HQ if they are baked?" 

Report Post Tip

DBM came out with a little blood still on his coat. Thats not too unusual given its white and he works in the basement at I.C.U. Alot happens down there and most prefer to forget its there. But it is needed. But today is a special day. His boss has become important, so DBM walks into the scene and addresses the crowd.

I know i rarely talk but I must come here today and talk a moment. Normally I am stuck in the morgue and have very little time for things of this nature. But today is different. Today is a glorious day for the district of Black Bottom and the city we call home.

DBM notices people staring and BigHurt laughing as the stare.

Its just blood people.COME ON!! Anyways, today is special. I will offer a round on me and our dearly departed i "work on" and say congrats. You have achieved what most want and never so in this type of work we do. I forsee bright things for us all and Chucky, well done my friend. You have earned you spot aswell. With that lets have a drink and i got more cutting to do.

DBM takes his shot, nods to BigHurt and go back to the morgue

Report Post Tip

Philly Tarantino watched the speeches by the Godfather's and Godmother's. Philly Tarantino nodded in approval of the bright news for Detroit. After the crowd has simmered down and the people of the headquarter has returned to their daily duties, Philly goes to personally congratulate BigHurt.

"Congratulations, Don. Here's a little something for you".

Philly Tarantino stuck him an envelope with cash and then offers BigHurt a firm handshake. After shaking hands with BigHurt, Philly Tarantino departs. He goes to find his new Don Chucky. Philly Tarantino shakes hands with Chucky and congratulates him. 

"Thanks for everything, Chucky, and congratulations. Here's something for letting me earn, skip."

Philly Tarantino removes an envelope with cash from his shirt and hands it to Chucky. Philly Tarantino small talks for a while with Chucky and then departs off to his own apartment.

Report Post Tip

same old same old sighs

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Chucky! Best of luck to you! 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to BigHurt and Chucky! You are both well deserving of these positions. I am sure you both will serve Detroit well. I cannot wait to see what you two do.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Medicinal Expansions in Black Bottom
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL