Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 21:19:17
Page:  1 
A Commission Started by: fulmineo on May 19, '10 07:50

I was thinking...Wouldn't it be cool if We had a Commission comparitive to Lucky Luciano's Commission? A body of Power consisting of all the Organized crime in America and The Top Like 5 get to act as the speakers for their relative regoin. This organization would be called together whenever a war gets out of hand(when it starts to disrupt business too much....or attract too much attention from the Feds) I t would meet once a year or whenever and the crews that are invited to join woul only be allowed to bring their CL, RHM AND Consig....Just a thought

Fulmineo walks off with a thoughtful look on his face....muttering to himself

Report Post Tip

Capo walks in,sit down and nods his head

''hmmm Fulmineo that doesn't  sound like a bad idea."

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, we have no fear of attracting the attention of the feds and this 'disruption to business' is the real motivation behind most people still being here.

I would also suggest that it would be somewhat hollow. A crewleader coffeeshop exists, that I suppose, serves a similar purpose allowing easy communication between cities and leaders.

Rather than having a collective governing every city, we instead have decided that each city is the responsibility of its Godfather.

Report Post Tip

AH i see...I was just saying It would've been extremely cool To see that A new Rank couldve been made Like Comissioner lol

Report Post Tip

Gwarble.you do got a point there but i still think it would be intresting wjhat would happen if there is a Commission....

Report Post Tip

*what*

sorry for the typo

Report Post Tip

Not much would change. It would be rather hollow, with the most powerful dictating their terms - a lot like they do at the moment.

Report Post Tip

Word...I agree with you on that poin completely.....But what if there were a way to limit that? I mean it worked for Lucky Luciano and the rest

Report Post Tip

I can think only two ways to limit it. Power to force it to be limited or decision by the powerful to limit it, neither or whcih I think are possible.

I also disagree that it would help. A commission would lead to further stagnancy and (as in real life) would aim to resolve conflict and keep the peace. A fundamental part of our world is that conflict occurs and problems arise that lead to excitement.

Report Post Tip

You are right though arent you....It was just a thought.....Its too bad though.....but im saying what if oneday like its just ann all out war between all the cities and all the newbies are dying and there is so many homeless people and there's anarchy in the streets?! lol

Report Post Tip

No, it would be a terrible idea. Already there's too much power in the country. Wars happen every three months or so. It gets dull around here. Having someone who can direct the powers of other cities would defeat the purpose of a Godfather/mother.

And there will always be at least one city standing, along with her Crewleaders and Godfather/mother. But if your case did happen, it would be a fight for power. A silly commissioner couldn't do anything to help them.

Report Post Tip

Are you sure what if the commissioner had their own crew just like aegular crime family? Like what if It was just another form of Government like Presidents then down to Governor then down to Mayor and so on and so forth?? The commissioners crew would be like the National Guard if You will

Report Post Tip

The scenario you describe worked because they had to fight against law enforcement. As a collective they had a common enemy so to speak.

In our world we lack an active force like law enforcement. Our cops are pretty passive, they either catch you or they don't. There really isn't much more to it so there is no force there for us to unify against. That being the case the existence of a commission would be largely redundant. As Gwarble pointed out there are already places where the current collection of leaders and Godfathers can meet and discuss issues relating their own cities and the country as a whole. To create a commission would essentially just be tying a ribbon around something that already exists.

In our world, our main threats come from each other. It would be counter-productive to the flow and recycling of the population to unify the leaders and more than they already are. Generations need to grow and die and give birth to new life. Its vital for the evolution and indeed entertainment of our society. As others have pointed out, increasing the stability and therefore the stagnation of of that flow with the creation of a commission would be counter productive to our lives as a whole.

Report Post Tip

What if a more effective police force were introduced? Then It would make things a little more interesting no?

Report Post Tip

That is something that would be better asked of the gods. (Suggested in the OOC forum).

Report Post Tip

Yes but what do you think about it? Yea or Nay? the effective police I mean

Report Post Tip

Isn't this basically just a different version of the GF council? Found this while going through my father's logs.

Report Post Tip

heh yea it is looks like the idea was implemented after all

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Commission
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL