Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 06:59:31
Page:  1 
the green regime Started by: green on Sep 30, '16 15:16

"It is with great pleasure that I come before you all"....No, that's shit. 

"I come before you all today to announce myself"...Jesus, no. Are coming out or setting up?

"After speak to the other bosses, I think I should"...What the fuck is that?

green sighs and continues to curse under his breath. His rehearsals for his big announcement speech have not been going well and he was quickly approaching the end of his tether with it all. He had some good, solid ideas which he wanted to share with everyone but he was struggling to phrase it in the right way. He needed people to know that he had milked his contacts and had secured some prime real estate in The Strip. He needed people to know that he had spoken to his gaming contacts and they would soon be bringing a number of ventures to the Street which would probably be of interest to them. Gambling, boxing, horse-racing; these were the things he wanted to tell the people about.

And it was with this internal monologue running riot in his mind and much banging of fists against tables, walls and faces that he was interrupted by FitzChivalry.

"What are you stressing your bollocks about?" Fitz asked, trying and failing to sound nonchalant. green was everything to him and they both knew it.

"The Don has given me the green light to get our interests up and running in Vegas" green answered exasperated "but I can't write a damn thing to announce it! My speech is going to be shite."

Fitz stayed silent for a moment, a rarity for him as he was always flapping his gums about something or other, before he snorted and broke green's concentration.

"What are you laughing at, bastard?" green snapped, his frustration boiling over. 

"I'm laughing at you" Fitz answered still chuckling "stressing over this shit, like anyone is even going to bother listening to what you have to say anyway"

green put down the pad he had been scribbling away on and looked up, puzzled.

"What?" Fitz asked "Haven't you noticed that nobody has bothered to listen to anything any of the last guys' said. Why are you going to be any different? Nobody cares about this stuff. Do something and people will listen. Announce yourself and people fall asleep."

green was stunned into silence, monologue, fists et al. Something amazing had just happened there and then - Fitz was right. It was probably the first time that it had ever happened and neither really knew how to deal with it. But once he had gotten over his shock, green thought about it and despite their entire friendship telling him he must be making a mistake, he couldn't doubt Fitz's logic. Nobody did care. People would judge him and what he did after this; why was he stressing it? He pushed his chair back from his desk and stood up.

"Fuck it, then. Let's go."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Great speech boss. It is an honor to be working for you.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nobody cares about this stuff. Do something and people will listen. Announce yourself and people fall asleep.

I agree entirely with this sentiment. Upon purchasing my HQ here in Vegas, I considered whether to approach the masses and alert them to this new fine building available for occupation. However I've decided against it and that is what brought me here. Those that are paying enough attention will see from me speaking today that my HQ is now open for business, the leaders and hands of this world that check their mail will also see that they've been informed of my move and thus all those that need to know, know.

Report Post Tip

It had been a long day and Fitz had spent some time at the newly opened MGM Grand, after losing most of his money at roulette and drinking his weight in booze he decided he was hungry. Before heading home for the night, Fitz decided he'd get a munch from somewhere. While walking the streets Fitz came across a new building, the sign at the front said Garden of Eden and Fitz assumed it to be a new restaurant.

Stumbling in and throwing coins everywhere Fitz suddenly blurts out

"Chicken chow mein and some fucken' spare ribs please mates!!! Throw in some of those fucken prawny C's too!!"

After he'd finished picking up his money Fitz looks around to see two very annoyed men staring at him, realising his error and that this wasn't actually a Chinese takeaway, Fitz stumbles back out and begins to make his way home again, albeit with a very hungry feeling in his belly.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: the green regime
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL