Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 11:58:27
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Posts removed Part 2 Started by: SOOOOOOOOOOOO on Mar 09, '20 05:49

I need far more clarification why posts are removed when in fact we lived in an era where we were given a heads up as to why a post was removed. 

Iris, felt a strong need to speak up. I got a hunch Iris is ignoring history or is not as old as history when it concerns the removal of posts. My guess is the latter.

Report Post Tip

For questions please send a mail to HelpDesk or click HERE

Report Post Tip

This is non RP talk about the game Frankie. 

Report Post Tip

Who are you requesting clarity from then?

Report Post Tip

The masses. 

Report Post Tip

You seem to have developed a hard-on for me for some reason. So here, I'll take the bait. Squishy made it clear in the "Disappearing Posts" thread as to why posters are not alerted or given a reason as to why their posts are removed. Since you, again, have decided to ignore that I will share it here for you.

Dominic

I would've appreciated someone telling me

Since we have limited resources, we can't afford to spend hours a day arguing with users.  When its a one-line OOC reply in a street thread, its easier to remove it and move on rather than to spend 20 minutes in an argument with the user. When you posted the 10 words, you knew they were OOC.  I really do not want to have our volunteer crew's sole job to entail wacking 5 replies, then spend 2 hours in heated debates.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but an overwhelming majority of people turn very argumentative about why their post/thread was removed or moved, going through something similar to the 5 stages of grief:

Denial:

The post was flawless. Its content was perfect and should serve as a shining example for all to bask in its glory of RP perfectness. I spent 10 seconds typing those 10 perfect words. It did not deserve to be removed. 

Anger

There was nothing wrong with it, I am being censored. How dare you make me, of all people, abide by the rules of the forums.  This is admin interference, why are you being an asshole.  Your friend's former roomate's coworker's hairdresser was in the same crew as an enemy of mine 7 years ago, that is proof you are cheating.  When my reply was reported by another user for being OOC, why did you wack that one and not the 3 other ones that were not reported and are not on your radar?!

Bargaining

Ok, So only a tiny tiny amount of my 10 word post was the word "game", but I meant it as... game... as in... the business, yeah... thats what I meant.

Depression

Yeah, I'll never write again.  You have killed the creativity in me.  I have succumb.

Acceptance

Ok, I will refrain from talking about the website as a game in threads that are posted in the streets that are supposed to be in character role play.  This 20 minute exercise has been enlightening and I am glad we could spend it together.  After much internal debate, I have objectively considered your statement that "I agree with you, Duh. The whole game's coming apart." may possibly be considered by some as not being in 1930s in character role play isn't too far fetched as I first believed.

Reply by: Squishy at Mar 02, '20 12:41

How many times are you going to ask the same thing? The answer isn't going to change just because you don't like it.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Absolutely perfect reply, Iris. Much appreciated.

The post she has quoted is 1000% accurate. Most of what I tend to do is sweep the streets tbh and I have at times given the user a reason in the hopes that they won't repeat the error - sadly 99% of the time the user comes back to me with arguments and paranoia, half the time they want to complain that x,y and z didn't get the same treatment they got, or that their posts weren't OOC.

Arguing isn't going to change anything. People seem to think that we just delete things for the sake of it, we check it, we double check it, then we remove it. Also, the fact people seem to ignore is that users report the posts to us, we dont go hunting for it. So not only are we removing it because it wasn't valid for where it was, it was seen as invalid by other users and reported to us and then dealt with.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I actually wasn't aware that the "report post" feature was the main motivator for threads being removed until Squishy mentioned that recently. Not entirely sure what I assumed happened before, but it was news to me.

Anyway, the reason for my reply is that whilst I don't think any staff should be subjected to tedious arguments with users about the validity of their posts, sometimes it is confusing as to why some replies are removed. Could it be possible to get a personals notification as to the overall reason, i.e. OOC, wrong forum, homophobic whatever whatever or even just notification that it has been flagged by a user? Perhaps with an option to amend it? This may reduce the amount of time spent having to actually remove things/argue if the user could rectify the rule-breaking element themselves. 

Report Post Tip
I like the idea of a notification when reported; though could be open to abuse from people then maliciously reporting to annoy users.

Guess that could be a bridge to cross later.

Grin, 6th of your name, feel free to create a suggestion on it in the appropriate forum.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Again, I assure you Iris I do not have a hard on as you implied. Perhaps you are looking in the mirror? At any rate, like I stated there was an era when players were notified. Ok they took that out the equation with no heads up. Moving on. It's bullshit in my strong opinion and experience when a thread is pulled. And I am not alone on this here. 

Often it has been brought up volunteers should not be playing too. There are pros and cons. Another player ran into a con. Sent me a copy of their RP that was pulled.  I read and re-read. I immediately came to the conclusion someone was butt sore. Being opened minded, I read again,  I spotted  there was a possible "weak" reason why it was pulled, so I re-wrote the RP. Once again, it was pulled. The first poster well known on these shores is an excellent role player. I deliberately posted the re-write which was perfect, while the same individual was active that pulled the first post. 

Something has to change here. Maybe Grins will help, but I got reservations.

Report Post Tip

Just to clarify SOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm not a member of the volunteer team. I'm just a person who plays MafiaReturns and supports those that help run the game. If you "think" I'm Telkin you are very wrong. 

Report Post Tip

Iris who you are is not even relevant on this thread. 

Report Post Tip

This is pretty amusing. 

Report Post Tip
That is where you are wrong SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Iris is in fact as old as history
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

She, on all accounts, predates history.  Be nice to your elders.......

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The entitlement is strong with this one. I'm sure if you had questions about why a thread was removed you could just ask Helpdesk and they would be happy to provide the reason just as I'm sure whatever reason your trash post was removed it was for a good reason. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Toby helpdesk was asked on the matter I presented and it was ignored by myself and another. 

Report Post Tip

*It was questioned by another and myself. And we were ignored. I define it as being ignored, when there is no response.  

Report Post Tip

Funny, I dont recall being asked anything by Soooooooooo or seeing any mails from Soooooooooo. Odd that.

Report Post Tip

Is this shit still going on?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Posts removed Part 2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL