Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:25:57
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Upper structure. Started by: Black-Flame on Mar 17, '20 13:54
Why do we always sees almost the same upper structure?
Like look how many hands have less than 7 days!!
We rarely now see new auths "CL for the first time" and any hand die he comes back with his position although there are people have higher ranks and some people doing good but didn't get their chance to be in that position.
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Who wants to make someone they’ve known for 5 minutes a hand of a family? You need people you can trust to help run a crew, not somebody who you don’t know and can’t vouch for. 

Report Post Tip

This is a regular criticism, but I actually don't feel like that many people are genuinely overlooked for positions. I think the vast majority of people take the safe option and huddle in the perceived safest location, which results in the majority of the users all together fighting for 6 positions when there are other cities in the game where opportunities would be more prevalent. 

Right now there are 6 crews missing one, or both, of a RH/LH, my own crew being one of them. Nobody has applied for it or even completed our jobs yet. That isn't our fault and we cannot be accused of overlooking Mr Nobody.

And, as punishments are meted out to CLs and their RH/LH for infractions made by any one of them, the positions are typically held for those a CL trusts in a bid to limit the likelihood of them making a mistake.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Eddie_Stobart

True no one will make others that he knew for 5 min his hand also no one will will give his blessings to people he knew for 5 min to be made and +

Also there are situations where you don't have choices like Grin-07 said and I'm not talking about the situation when you don't have choices,

But you have a family + made members and your hand is less than 5 days that's mainly what I'm talking about.

Report Post Tip
BTW I'm saying that and I have no hard feeling for anyone there, I wish them all best luck for them and for their families, I'm just talking about the situation and idea only.
Report Post Tip
New auths breaks the circle jerk. We can’t have that
Report Post Tip

Who would you like to see authed who isn't getting the opportunity?

I can understand what you’re saying, I honestly do, however those in a position of such power are allowed to assign those powers to whomever they want. I for one have never and will never assign a hand that I do not know until I am certain it is in the best interest of the family to do so. 

I wish this question were asked in the Streets, because my answer would actually differ there. I chose my RHM when I set up, and it has never changed. In character, he was my first member and has been invaluable navigating the tumultuous times that have led us to where we are now. Out of character, he's a friend that I trust very dearly and look to for guidance on a regular basis.

However, was he my hand the last time I led a crew? No. Has he ever been my RHM before? No.

I have a habit of choosing a new RHM from those I've learned to trust during each run, and here's how the figures came out:

• Remained Loyal: 2
  • Betrayed Me: 2
  • Committed suicide because he wanted the hitlist money on himself: 1

There is a risk that comes with giving new opportunities to people. Some people don't want to expose themselves or the people who work for them to that risk. I'd turn the question around: how many times would you have to watch your crew, district, or city die because you trusted the wrong person; before you simply choose to stick with someone you know you can trust?

This game is finite. There's only so many players. Demanding leadership opportunities simply because you've never had one before is perhaps the strangest mix of greed and pride I've ever seen.

New auths breaks the circle jerk. We can’t have that
Reply by: Ragnarok at Mar 17, '20 15:49

With 25 crews currently set up surely, there are auths you approve of. There could even be some fresh meat out there that you don't even know about. There are people that haven't been authed in years getting auth too. New players are given auth, some have been wicked amazing and become the repeat auths that people hate so much.

We've seen regimes come and go. Entire "groups" wiped out. They come back. Rinse, repeat. What are we supposed to do after being authed a few times, stop playing? Stop putting effort in? Stop proving we are worth something? Get over yourself. We play to have fun the same as anyone else.

Pretty sure a lot of you agreeing (voicing and not voicing it) have been authed or a hand more than once too. Find something new to complain about. This topic became an overly beaten dead horse years ago. 

If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the circlejerk with the other 24 leaders and the 42 hands we love to call our own. I don't want to miss out on the 4:20 reach around session!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip
Mate there are loads of Hand right now that are only there because who they know. Same with the crew leaders. Not everyone has to deserve it that's the point of playing into connections.
Report Post Tip
But like me exs mum says. Even when you get what you want its never enough to be happy. Most of the older players dont like new blood regardless of what they come here and spill.
Report Post Tip

why not get out there and meet some people? that is how you got the trust of the people there now,  give chances work with people , you never know what you will find, if you stay shut the whole time.  Js. 

Report Post Tip

Who wants to make someone they’ve known for 5 minutes a hand of a family? You need people you can trust to help run a crew, not somebody who you don’t know and can’t vouch for. 

Eddie_Stobart, That is why CL's should only make people Made when they are trusted within the family. If a hand dies, the mantle should fall to the next highest rank. What is the point of rank then? No wonder why Rank means shit these days. 

Can you imagine... You are a Consig and you are rightfully in line for the position because you know.. You should be "trusted" enough to hold such a position and yet the Crew Leader chooses a not even 1 day old thug. 

Report Post Tip

The rank question is also double edged.

Assume I have a Wise Guy who hasn't quite proven himself and I wouldn't trust him to be my number 2 should my RHM die. To prevent rank "meaning shit" I therefore do not promote him. Wise Guy then becomes disillusioned and either stops working for the family, chooses to go somewhere where it is easier or, worst case, decides to shoot someone and start again. Is that a better scenario than trusting the guy enough to promote him but not automatically make him my second in command? 

I assume Grin-07 you are talking about a scenario where your whole family got wiped out leaving you with no made+ members and somehow you survived, which in case there could either be some solutions such as bringing in a trusted friend from another family (Permssion granted of course) to help run things. And I am sure there are other solutions. 

But nonetheless if the majority of your family gets wiped out leaving you just one Made, by rights that Made member should be a hand.

After all, this is the mafia... Has there ever been a time where a hand position was given to a thug in a family over a made?

Like I said, there is a ranking system for a reason.

Report Post Tip
The above post was in regards to someone who is already proven to be trustworthy thus said player being a consig.

It's a double edged sword if you consider wise guys apart of the family. However I and most of the community I believe, have always treated them like associates until they prove themselves to get the promotion. It is when they are Made+ do they become a part of the cl.
The post you just made had 0 to do with what he stated hes speaking about already set in stone trustworthy players and in your example you use a wg.Stop trying to differ what the man is saying.
Report Post Tip

Dark I still tried to give him my opinion the situation he explained. If you were referring to me.

Report Post Tip

Not at all I  was speaking about Grins post , sorry mate it seems I posted after you I did not even notice until now. 

Report Post Tip

Ahhh that explains it. Got a bit confused :P

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Upper structure.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL