Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 09:54:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters! Started by: Roman on Aug 13, '11 06:06

Roman had just finished talking on the phone with Godfather -Premeir about the recent bloodshed.  They had tried to put everything from the last 2 days into chronological order and finally had a chain of events that could be released publicly.

Roman gathered several mobsters to his Chicago office so that he could send word through the streets what had sparked the incredible loss of life.

"On August 4th, Consigliere leader EvilClown- was caught conspiring to bring down Chicago's empire with a series of attacks to its leadership and bodyguards.  He was executed for his crimes leaving his family unsponsored.  One of his Bosses by the name of Aeros quickly changed his allegiance and joined Marston and the Outlaws.  Upon joining the family he was given Left Hand Man and promoted to Consigliere.  Angered at one of his members jumping ship, Chade contacted Marston multiple times to arrange the death or Aeros or proper compensation.  Both attempts were met with a lack of cooperation from Marston.  Chade was left with no other option but that of war."

"We do not know why New Orleans got involved in the effort to take down Los Angeles, and to that point it does not matter.  What does matter is that the war took an ugly turn as DeadlySin fought his way through overwhelming odds extending the war to almost 24 hours in length."

"Unfortunately the uncoordinated war effort led to other cities being endangered as a New Orleans Boss killed Don Severe in Godfather -Premeir's family.  To protect Chicago, I warned Chade that if New Orleans, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles attacked any of my people, we would be entering and finishing the war.  Sadly, a few hours later, Oreos who was a Consigliere Left Hand Man for Las Vegas shot at my newest auth, _Isacaron_.  As soon as the war started to endanger my people I pulled RoRoG and Chade aside and told them they had one chance to end the war or Chicago would become actively involved in seeing it through with the help of Philadelphia, St. Louis, and New York.  Both RoRoG and Chade agreed to accept DeadlySin's surrender and the war was over...  Or so we thought."

"Early August 12th RoRoG attacked while most of Chicago slept and killed DeadlySin while Egwene, his Right Hand Man, killed the revered Godfather -BostonGeorgeJung.  The reasons behind this attack are unclear, what is clear though is that their hasty actions which were done without telling the rest of New Orleans leading to the annihilation of the entire city.  It had been the first and last time RoRoG had broken his word to me.  One of our most tenured Godfathers had his life snuffed out in an instant of bad judgment."

"We are now left with 3 empty cities and just 2 Godfathers.  We will do our best to rebuild, but it is going to take time.  As of now, SuperX will assume control of St. Louis in the stead of -BostonGeorgeJung.  AlabamaWorley will be transitioning to Detroit as its new city head.  She is an immense talent, and I know that Detroit will prosper under her steady hand."

"Rest in peace to everyone that died, you deserved better than what you got."

Report Post Tip

It has indeed been a busy week for This Thing Of Ours. I too questioned the motives of New Orleans which ultimately led to their demise, but what's done is done and like many things in Our World, some questions go unanswered. It is the nature of things I suppose. Rest in peace to all of those that have fallen, regardless of which side of the battle line they fell on.

Enough on the past though, speaking to the future, I'd like to extend my most sincere congratulations to AlabamaWorley, who has become a dear Friend of mine over the past several months as my peer in Chicago. She is a woman I have grown to respect immensely, and I look forward to watching her lead The Motor City with the rest of The True Romantics. Best of luck to you Alabama. I'm most pleased to see you get this opportunity.

Report Post Tip

Gallifrey listens intently and placing the events in order within his mind.

There have been alot of blood shed This week i havent seen so much in quite a while. Rest well to all my friends who fell, and a special mention to those in Chicago who lost their lives in the take down of New Orleans. I've talked with SuperX before im sure he will run St. Louis well and Congradulations Alabama Detroit is in great hand.

Report Post Tip

DanK walks onto the streets soaking wet after a few days of horrid rain

It has been an interesting week, and that is an understatement. Once more, Chicago showed its unity. We are not a number of crews who just happen to live in the same city. We are a collective. A cooperative. A family. It makes me proud to be not just Morning Wood, but also a Chicagoan.

RIP to all those who have fallen. And may the fallen cities dust themselves down and rebuild and move forward

DanK leaves the streets in the direction of Chicagp's cemetery to pay his respects

Report Post Tip

Giuliano walks through the streets after the aftermarth of bloodshed. The smell of bloodshed still ripe in the air. He takes listens intently to Godfather Roman and the rest of the speakers, before taking a moment to add his piece.

Godfather Roman thank you for coming out here and informing the masses of the situation that occurred over the last 48 hours. Indecision of war is never an easy one to take but it both cases it could not of been avoided, from the situations that presented. That being said a lot of good people died in this and may they all sleep well.

On a brighter note it is great news for a city to be filled after the bloodshed and a fine choice to see Don Alabama become city head. A fine decision as my bloodline has nothing but good things to say about her. I look forward to seeing her work her magic there and hopefully the odd pickpocket competition as well. Congratulations ma'am.

Super X congratulations on becoming city head in St Louis.

Report Post Tip

Listens intently as the details are explained to the masses, stepping through some dead bodies, shoes soaked in the claret red of still flowing blood Klasky musters a few words.

Once again the solidarity and unity of Chicago has shone through, who knows why these events turned the way they did, but the only thing clear is that a lot of good people died yesterday and my condolonces go out to all.

Another thing that is clear is the fact that it will take months to rebuild some of these cities, and with that very subject, congratulations to SuperX for the control of St Louis, and of course, the lovely Alabama for getting the opportunity to rebuild Detroit city, a city close to our hearts, we will do a grand job there, again, that is clear in these hazy times.

Tips his hat, picks up a small suitcase and heads to the airport before the feds appear.

Report Post Tip

At last we have peace.And I hope it will last forever.

We will recover and rebuild again.

Report Post Tip

War really is never good for business and Chicago feels that pain with our fallen comrades and the needless deaths of the visitors to Chicago which puts money in the pockets of our leader.

Only time will tell if we ever find the real reason why new Orleans top two broke off from the agreement.

However yet again the solidarity of Chicago and it's allies has shone like a beacon of hope.

Report Post Tip

It was a indeed a long day and one in which many a great men and women lost their lives, to go down as casualty's of war, including my own CL. May they Rest In Peace, there death wasn't in vain. The cities of Philadelphia, Chicago and it's allies showed their unity in uncertain times and lets pray that there can be peace once more across our fine cities. 

Congratulations to AlabamaWorley, I know you will go on and grasp this opportunity with both hands and lead the city of Detriot to greatness and prosperity, it's you're time to shine. Also to SuperX, our paths havn't crossed much in this world but i'm sure that will change and I wish you all the best on you're venture

*With that Paris pulls up the colour on his trenchcoat and heads off for some well earned rest*

Report Post Tip

St. Louis lost a fine man yesterday in Godfather -BostonGeorgeJung. He was a great man that I had the pleasure of learning so much from him and not only was he a great leader, he was a true friend. Although this is not how I wanted it to be, Godfather -BostonGeorgeJung's last dying wish was for me to continue what he started so  I will step up for the city I love and would like to thank Godfather's Roman and -Premier for their help yesterday and support for the future of St. Louis. 

Also congratulations to AlabamaWorley and best of luck in your future endeavors in Detroit!

There is much to do in St. Louis so I must be going, thanks to all for there kind words and I look forward to getting to know more of you better in the coming weeks.

SuperX heads back to headquarters where a mountain of paperwork had been piling up.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to both Alabama and SuperX.

My father was proud to have served Chicago yesterday even though it ultimately cost him his life.  Rest in peace to all those who died yesterday.

Report Post Tip

As a low level assoicate, I was not privvy to the goings on of the last few days, so I appreciate this summary to resolve my curiousity. However, I do not understand why such anger was caused by Oreo moving to Los Angeles. If his Boss died, why couldn't he find employment where ever he chose? He didn't really abandon his family, unless the entire city was all one family. And if that's the case, why do we bother having more than one Boss per city?

Report Post Tip

Errmm...of course I meant 'Aeros', not 'Oreo'. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Report Post Tip

Usually thats how one city conducts business. One single Boss or Godfather even operates his organization in a specific city. His crew leaders work for him. They all work for him, meaning abandoning one's city is abandoning one's family.

Report Post Tip

I see that, Mike. My question, is "why"? A city is not the same as a crew. The city of New York has traditionally maintained five major families: The Bonannos, Genovese, Lucchese, Gambino, and Colombo families.  If a Boss was murdered, the Underboss would usually step up and fill his shoes. If the family was dissolved and no new Boss took the place of the slain Boss, the soldier's oathes of loyalty were not transferred to the other New York families.

What I'm seeing here is Bosses being treated like caporegimes. I think it is a little silly, but it's not my place to decide how Cosa Nostra operates. My job is to make money for my Boss and not to interfere with family management, so I will take my leave and do just that.

Report Post Tip

to make this short and sweet. chade is the acting godfather. he desired a man that recieved his made man status in las vegas to return to las vegas. now i am not going to a rgue the rights or wrongs of las actions about it. all of this could have been prevented had said man not jumped ship so to speak

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles and steps up to say her part in this crazy recent turn of events.

This is quite a weird turn of events I must say. As you can see by this that Chicago will not stand for anyone who poses a threat to her. It is very clear that Roman sits in his office on a daily basis watching the news and making sure that the safety of Chicago is his top priotrity. If a simple war can not be executed and it begins to get out of hand and pose a threat to Chicago he will step in and put in an offer to solve it.

She nods at Roman and smiles.

As for my great friend DeadlySin I must hold high respect for him for sitting there for a long time fighting for his life even when the odds were extremely high against him. When I heard that DeadlySin had surrendered and he was being housed by Chicago I was extremely happy as he was a great friend and he put up a fine fight for his city and family. However.. for him to be taken from us the way he did was very upsetting.

Not only did RoRog decide to attack Chicago and sign the death warrant for his city but he also stabbed Roman in the back after agreeing to hold peace. Yet again this a clear message that Roman will not sit there and be stabbed in the back and let his city be attacked EVEN if that person had only just joined Chicago. As Chuckle stated not to long ago AND I quote his very words!

If you plot against Chicago, you will die.
If you scheme to bring down Chicago, you will die.
If you plan to disrupt Chicago's business, you will die.
If you target the bodyguards Chicago has worked hard to employ, you will die.

It's a simple as that and the bringing down of New Orleans is a very fine example of that. Like Roman said and once again I shall quote his very words...

Rest in peace to everyone that died, you deserved better than what you got.

She bows her head for a minute in the memory of those memebers from Chicago, St Louis, New York, Philly and New Orleans who died. Except RoRog of course.

Now onto the brighter side of my speech, I want to Congratulate AlabamaWorley in taking over Detroit. Congratulations my friend, as I said to you before my dear I would love to see you get this opportunity and here we are.. you have it. I know you'll do fantastic and I couldn't think of a better person to take up this opportunity. Next I want to Congratulate _Isacaron_ again on his family. You'll do a fantastic job mate!

Lastly I want to Congratulate SuperX in taking control of St Louis. I know it isn't the best of circumstances my friend but I am sure you'll do Mr Jung very proud.

She smiles at her friends and pushes her glasses up her nose.

With all that said I think that covers everything. Now I have to be off and change Gallifrey's bed sheets because he is having a bladder problem while sleeping. Good day to you all and onwards and upwards we must go!

Report Post Tip

To me, all these are about the will of domination. And yes, it`s what it has to be and surely dialect of this world of ours. Timing is the keyword. In case a bad timing, you unfortunately has to suffer the consequences of your decision.

Respectfully, RIP to all those who got massacred in these wars, and may Mr BostonGeorgeJung rest well. I`m sure he will be missed by many.

Long Live Mr Roman..

Long live The Beautiful Windycity , our lovely Chicago

Report Post Tip

Simplicity shook her head as she listened to the speech. She was extremely disappointed in New Orleans. Their actions seemed idiotic and it was like they were asking to die. They were already wounded from the war they had just joined in and to attack Chicago just seemed crazy! Smiling at the many friendly faces she recognized she moved her way up in the crowd.

"After my boss told me he had been shot at, I couldn't believe my ears! Then when I had heard that New Orleans had the balls to shoot DeadlySin while he was in Kimble's family, I was a bit close to fainting! People seemed to be losing their minds left and right. I have no idea what would bring the fine city of New Orleans to make such a decision, but I'm sorry for them that they did. Yet, I guess that is what has made Roman live for so long. He has yet to lose his mind!"

Simplicity giggled a bit, but then decided to move on to the good news of his speech. She had worked very closely with Alabama for a long time now and she was delighted to hear the news.

"Alabama, you are quite amazing and we both know it! I don't need to wish you luck as you venture out into Detroit as luck is always on your side! I will miss you here in Chicago, but I know you aren't far from me if I wish to pay you a visit. We can have a cup of tea or wine, since I don't really enjoy tea. You'll do great, my dear!"

Simplicity waved goodbye. She had many things to keep up with at her family's HQ so she didn't have too much time to dilly-dally around.

Report Post Tip

Alabama bows her head in respect for the fallen

Recent events have taken its toll on everyone. Only RoRoG knows why he did what he did, but doing so he knew that Chicago would stand tall and throw her full force right back at him. Something anyone would be foolish to welcome.

Thank you to all those well wishers, I'm extremely grateful to Roman and my fellow Chicago leaders for their show of support for my venture, without which I wouldn't be where I am today. I will never forget the Windy City, it shall forever be in my heart.

Alabama turns to SuperX and rests her hand on his shoulder

Congratulations on your new role. I know BGJ has left some extremely big shoes to fill, however I'm entirely certain you will make your own mark on the City and take your new round responsibilities in your stride. I look forward to working alongside you.

Lastly, I too would like to again congratulate Isacaron. Amongst the war his promotion has taken a bit of a back seat, but this man has worked tremendously hard to get where he is and fully deserves the chance he has been afforded. I know you'll do Chicago proud.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL