Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 20:58:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
ThirdSun has something to say. Started by: ThirdSun on Feb 12, '12 03:27

ThirdSun is walking down the street and finds a soapbox.. kicks it to the side and stands equal among his fellow men & women and says:

What is bloodlining? Bloodlining is the act of holding somebody responsible for their father or mother's action prior to death. This is well accepted in this thing of ours as a common but frowned upon concept. Who are we to look in a man's eyes and dislike him for the mistakes of his father? There are two results of a grave mistake committed by our parents - we either choose to repeat them or to become humbled by them and carry ourselves in a new light. Sometimes when you see the lack of success in your father's actions - you choose to take on a different approach. Sometimes

How would I know about bloodlining? Easy. My father was Superbee. A man whose actions were misguided but also misunderstood. A lot of theories float around about his involvement in certain events in our history and to that I can say that although his actions were despised - he has passed as a result of said mistakes. I am his son. I am a new legacy. I like to believe I carry myself in a way that Superbee would not have been capable of carrying himself. Upon each rebirth, one's actions & sins should be forgiven. If one chooses to honor their dead kin - that is fine! Do not carry on their legacy.

We should not have to hide our bloodline or be ashamed of our mistakes. Each and every one of us contribute our own chapter to this evergrowing story we all are writing. Yes, we can be initally distrusted but no new name should ever be trusted! My father would be proud to see his son carrying himself in a new light and in a new fashion. I do not carry the Superbee legacy on. I am making my own legacy.

I don't know if this was intended to contain a question of any sort... but what are you views on bloodlining? Do you feel that we are condemned to carry the sins of our fathers & mothers? Are there not good & bad seeds? 

On behalf of my father I will say the following, I apologize for the inept and inconsiderate actions he is accused of. Whether they are completely false or completely true - I am not one to say as I am not him & it is water under the bridge at this point. All I can say is that any ill feelings towards the Superbee bloodline - I ask to be halted and ask you to look at myself & this point forward. I will raise my sons to do better than even I am striving to do. I am not trying to say I am a perfect man - but who is? I love each and everyone of you as we all carry this thing of ours in a brothership. We have our wars and then our children grow up and play nicely until they form their own chapters to the book of life...

The story is not written about us.. it's written by us.

So turn the page.. look at the next chapter before rereading the one that is finished.

Thank you & God Bless each and every one of you...

~ThirdSun

ThirdSun shuffles away and feels the weight lift off of his shoulders...

Report Post Tip

Immortal looks up at ThirdSun a bit puzzled.

I have to say that sometimes some people can change, and sometimes people do not. Each of us learns from their parents, grand parents and so on, but we do chose wether to follow in their footsteps or completely change our ways. Many of us that walk these streets have had our own "fuck ups" as I should say, but with that said sometimes it's best to let it die.

To keep bringing up who your past kin was or the sins of your mother or father doesn't nor will it ever help the case. This to some will show that while you have changed your ways you are still holding on to what they did or how they acted. Do we all grieve over the loss of our kin? Sometimes, but do we need to ultimately let them die. Yes. It's about one of the only ways that we can truly be who we need or want to be.

Immortal shrugs as she lights up a smoke and hopes that ThirdSun might understand her ramblings.

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun listens to what Immortal says with an understanding but feels the need to say...

Sometimes when times goes by and out of the blue a would-be friend stops speaking to you upon hearing who your father was - it causes a need to address the issue. I am not holding onto the past but bringing my identity to light - which I thought was widely understood. I would rather it be known where I came from so that those who choose to bloodline can avoid me altogether while those that understand the concept of rebirth & change can nod their heads in understanding. When you are bloodlined - it's cold and it hurts. An occurrence today prompted this whole speech. I just felt the need to say it publicly and let it be known. It's better to be approached with distrust than to be trusted and have it lost based on false pretenses. 

Although I completely understand your point, Immortal. Your family has been walking these streets a lot longer than I and I will note your advice. 

Report Post Tip

BE hears Thirdsun from yonder. He walks up to him, and begins to speak.

Superbee, whos the Superbee?

BE winks.

Mr. Thirdsun, your father was your father.  And He is long gone. Like, Miss Immortal said, the past is the past friend. Lets forget it.

Be smiles, then nods towards ThirdSun.

Report Post Tip

We used to use the word "bloodlining" to mean actually killing somebody for who the parent was. Still, the rest of your speech holds merit so I'll carry on.

Each individual has the right to have whatever prejudices they want. Sure, they are prejudices with all that they imply, but you will have a hard time convincing people you are not a chip off the old block if they are already convinced you are.

Besides, let's face it, genetics plays a HUGE role in our world. One could very well decide to talk walk and look like one's father and he could pull it off. One could also decide to be the opposite and it could also work.

However, it must be hard for somebody to look at the son of the one that caused the death of your dear father and say "Oh, well. He's not his father."

There will be enough people who won't care about your ancestor's mistakes to be able to live a full and happy life. Whoever wants to avoid you because of who your father was, well, they have every right to do so and maybe your father should have thought a bit about you and what his actions would do to your reputation.

Report Post Tip

Abel, I shall reiterate...

My father's actions were miguided but misunderstood. It's hard to explain what truly transpired back then. I can agree completely with what you wrote but maybe he had to die and see the results of his assumed actions for his son to live a nobler life. Maybe it isn't true? Maybe it is completely true? Maybe time will tell...

Nevertheless, rest in peace to both of our fathers and I hope you walk in his valiant footsteps as I avoid MY father's altogether...

Report Post Tip

Well I've never been one for bloodlining, whether that be killing or just the mistreatment of a certain person just because of what their father or mother did previous to them coming into the life of crime.

My bloodline has never been one to be bloodlined but had seen it many times. I've read about it happening to others that my ancestors knew or knew of.

Although I'm not totally against it if somebody is a repeat offender. I don't mean two or three times, more like 5 or 6 or even more. When people continue to do things that get them killed or get others killed then maybe it should be enforced to teach the bloodline some sort of lesson the parent didn't learn when their parent was killed for a similar thing. 

It is still something that bothers me to do or see done. But it happens, it is something that happens in this thing of ours.

I do believe that if one is sorry and regretful for their parents actions and is showing good progress in the opposite direction of where their parent went then they should be given a chance. Although you cannot expect everyone to be so trustworthy all the time. It takes time for trust to build after trust is destroyed by one person in a bloodline.

I do not know of your father or his actions, but if you are sincerely making an effort to not walk in his foot steps then I wish you the best of luck.

Report Post Tip

How often have we seen an Insanely Well protected, Extremely rich RHM thug, grow up to receive auth at Capo, just because of who their father was? It is not uncommon here. While I'm not trying to justify bloodlining, I am just saying that if you want to put an end to bloodlining because of your parent's mistakes, it must also stop with their accomplishments. If some do not follow the path of their parents, how can you be so sure that Godfather A's son will turn out just like him, successful? There are the elite bloodlines of our world; the ones who come out on top time after time, and then the others, who are never really given the shot to prove themselves.

This will always continue, as will negative bloodline stereotyping.

Now I don't know anything about what happened with Superbee, nor do I care. What I do know from this speech and from your former street presence is that you are trying to better yourself and not follow the same path as your father, and for that I applaud you.

Report Post Tip

Complete agreement Z. Hopefully MY son doesn't receive the positive treatment for my actions. 

Report Post Tip

Aye, though I'd be hoping he doesnt recieve the negative treatment(?) for your actions even more so. ;)

Report Post Tip

The key is to make it your GRANDFATHER who was the bastard.. not your father. I make sure my path sets greatness for my future kin. 

Report Post Tip
Report Post Tip

Third sun I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your first paragraph.

The act of blood lining is widely considered in our world to be the repeated killing of a bloodline based on something that happened many many ancestors ago. The fact you are alive and Iwp lhm to some one shows you have not been bloodlined, also that you claim to be a direct descendant of superbee further enforces the fact.

What you have been subject to unfortunately is a grudge from one persons family against yours, it isn't overly surprising as I can imagine you would agree the actions of your father will to some take awhile to be fully digested and forgiven by a few people. Whilst it is unfortunate it is down to yourself and your children to prove just your father was a bad apple and it isn't the family tree that is an issue.

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun, I think the days of bloodlining as described by Romeo are a thing of the past.  Many of us appreciate that this is a practice not particularly conducive to building a healthy atmosphere in this way of life.

Some bloodlines do not change and can be found roller skating through the streets in an attempt to garner support for whatever crazy plan they have however even these individuals would be welcomed into a family if their particular interpretation of being in the mafia was to fall into the mainstream interpretation and they just stuck to family expectations.

Report Post Tip

I hate to sound like a broken record; but I have to agree with the two old folk that spoke before me.. the term blood lining refers to the act of killing someones blood line purely based on the actions of their ancestors. People will always continue to watch those closely who's bloodline are known to have committed acts that shocked the community.. but only the act of killing them for these past actions can be deemed as blood lining, everything else is simply a personal grudge between two family lines (or more, in some cases).

I dont think thats uncommon in this world really. In fact, there are some blood lines who have had terrible reputations for some reason, myself and my ancestors have always endeavoured to form our own opinion on these people to understand their bad repuatations, only to often find that the people in question are undeserving of said reputation as they are nothing like the people think they are. Again though, these people aren't being blood lined anymore, but they are of course being viewed harshly for past actions and clouded in doubt and often blocked from progressing in this life. Some would say these actions are worse than death as it prevents these people from proving themselves to have changed.

If you don't allow someone to change, how can anyone expect them to? Many reading this will be aware of the particular blood line that im referring to right now, I dont feel there is any reason to name that person, but if you have a name in mind right now the chances are not only your right, but you obviously know exactly what I mean as otherwise you wouldn't have thought of that person.

As Betsy said though; as a community we must learn to let go of such things and move forward, allow people the chance to change and prove their worth (like ThirdSun clearly has been allowed to do).

Report Post Tip

We should not have to hide our bloodline or be ashamed of our mistakes.

It would appear as though again I have to disagree with something you have said. Alot depends on the context of the mistake, looking back through my family journals I see incidents of rhm Hq wacking mass chunks of families, I see people going rogue for reasons of being bored in their lives.

Are you seriously telling me these bloodlines shouldn't be ashamed of their actions?

There are many acts of betrayal a family line can do for which questions will and should be asked of. Failure to accept that wrong was done or the blood line not being sorry for their actions. It leaves you wondering can they be trusted to not do the same thing again.

Report Post Tip

I guess I misunderstood the actual concept of bloodlining. I thought it was a preconceived perception of somebody based off their family past. I can understand both sides - maybe I am one of the select few that have a change of heart. 

ThirdSun shrugs

Report Post Tip

Dutch_Man listens in the back of the crowd shaking his head, wondering why someone is such need of attention.. Obviously their mother did not hold them enough as a child….

Ohh poor Thirdsun, how your  father did nothing to prepare you for this world of ours is a shame. Such a blatant cry for attention is comical.

You come to these streets in the hopes of acceptance and maybe forgiveness for your father’s mistakes? I am sorry but frankly… it is bullshit.

Here is a simple fact, if your ancestors made a mistake and you feel you have learned from such foul deeds then simply… move on! Why lay claim to a history you say you learned from? For what point?

You come to the streets bringing up old issues for new drama. I swear it reminds me of the Clipper bloodline…

You want people to respect you for whom YOU are, then YOU need to let go of the past. No one else cares.

Your father was scum. End of.

Don’t follow in your father’s footsteps and people won’t consider you scum. I suggest you let it go. Be free from your past so you can embrace your future.

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun looks a Dutch_Man is disbelief that one of the inspirations for said post is standing before him!

If I am able to create my own legacy that why when I am frequenting our coffee shop - you are the first to cast insults and derogatory comments towards me in reference to my father's actions? How can I forget the past when people like yourself consistently remind me of it?

ThirdSun shakes his head and realizes that this speech now has the potential to turn into something ugly so he walks away decides to leave it where it is... 

Sometimes you need to learn to become the bigger man...

Report Post Tip

Dutch Man, unless you believe ThirdSun will eventually pull some stunt like his father, I'm not sure why you were so harsh with him.

I am one of the people whose father was killed because of his antics ("misunderstood" my ass, I think it was pretty clear what happened, or your father was sure quick to take credit for certain things...). However, if it is true that his bloodline is relatively young, then he could be facing the problems of having a shameful father for the first time. In that sense, he wouldn't be like Clipper and it would make sense for him to come out and say what he said.

Even though I believe he is paying the price for what his father did and it's a deserved price, he does have the right to try to fast track cleaning up his name. I don't buy, I don't care for it, but he does have the right to such a speech, in my opinion.

If you know that he is an old bloodline and has seen all this before, then forget I said anything...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: ThirdSun has something to say.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL