Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 01:08:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
SURVEY: Jail Break Competition 2012? Started by: Squishy on Jun 30, '12 21:04

Over the past month or so I've had a few people come to me and ask if we are going to do a big JB Comp this year. Would there be enough interest to justify hosting one this year?

We would probably break it down into 6 rounds of 4 hours, and then have our "all day" totals as well. Unlike previous years, we may add in two additional rules to ensure fairness to all involved. In order to qualify for rewards from doing the JBs, you yourself have to throw at least one jail in each round that you participate in. (Meaning, all XP is turned off, and given at the end of the round. If you did not throw a JB during that round, any breaking you did does not earn you XP). There will also be a captcha code that will have to be typed in ahead of time every now and then to ensure that unethical players do not automate the process.

I will make sure there are enough RIA's that any city at any given time has the ability to launch a full 120 jail, also all admin accounts will be set as inactive so that every admin account gets thrown in if they are not currently in.

The categories will probably be something like this:

Most busts in round 1.
Most busts in round 2.
Most busts in round 3.
Most busts in round 4.
Most busts in round 5.
Most busts in round 6.

Most guards busted in round 1.
Most guards busted in round 2.
Most guards busted in round 3.
Most guards busted in round 4.
Most guards busted in round 5.
Most guards busted in round 6.

Most busts in any round #1
Most busts in any round #2
Most busts in any round #3

Most guards busted in any round #1
Most guards busted in any round #2
Most guards busted in any round #3

Most busts all day #1
Most busts all day #2
Most busts all day #3
Most busts all day #4
Most busts all day #5

Most guards busted all day #1
Most guards busted all day #2
Most guards busted all day #3
Most guards busted all day #4
Most guards busted all day #5

So, if we can see enough interest in this, we can get the ball rolling. Let us know how you feel!

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Dont bother if you can help it.

Report Post Tip

I would love this. 

Report Post Tip

I remember the old one. It was awesome. Would love to do it again.

Report Post Tip

I remember the old one. It was one of the worst MR days of my life. I don't recall ever having launched a jail since. Granted, quite a bit of that likely has to do with credit prices (I launched jails rather often when they were 40-80k a pop a few couple years back, and haven't ever since 250k+) but a lot of it is just lingering distaste in even seeing the jail screen.

On the other hand, the netbook I won has been a lifesaver several times -- including serving as a backup of my files + temporary replacement computer when my main computer was out of commission four months back. So a jail competition isn't a bad thing in itself.

Out of pure mercy, I'd suggest having no "all day" categories. Some obsessive people will feel obligated to try for them, and no one deserves to put themselves through that kind of ordeal.

Report Post Tip

"24 hour jail breaking comp on mr.... better drink my own piss"

Report Post Tip

I would love to do it but you would have to give some of us a little time to get the Credits though maybe 3-4 weeks

Report Post Tip

Wasn't here for the last one, so I am definitely interested.

Report Post Tip

Even though I'm not sure how much I can participate, I would love to see this again!

Report Post Tip

The competition a couple years ago was awesome so I'm definitely all for another one. And hopefully I can win something this time!

Report Post Tip

I was never able to be online for the ones done in the past years, would love to participate in one now.

I agree with JohnGalt on not having a "all day" category though :)

Report Post Tip

I'm game assuming i'm not working. and i have no objection to overall score catagories. However, I would suggest a modification.

instead of having the userbase run the jails, and thus anyone who, for whatever reason, canoot buy a credit cannot jailbreak, I would set it up so that all the jails go at once. and then they all go once all jails are empty. I would also set it up so noone has the perfect gaurd order thingy(i hope taht made sense)

Report Post Tip

\o/

Advanced notice, please, so I can try to plan accordingly :p lol

and wasn't there a most 0s busted category in the past as well? Coughs

Report Post Tip

Lets goooooooo!

Report Post Tip

I'd love this , i wasn't here for the one some time ago but this seems like its fun and thought out :)

Report Post Tip

Who wouldn't be up for it?!?!

Report Post Tip

I really enjoyed the last big jail break competition. So would be great to have another one!

Report Post Tip

I was a fan of credits az prizes but wasnt a fan of extravagant real life prizes. Im of the opinion that if the site makes a profit then the contest should happen, if not dont bother.

Report Post Tip

Loaded 0's announced in DL again if it does happen.

Report Post Tip

I second Details comments

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: SURVEY: Jail Break Competition 2012?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL