Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 01:43:28
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Greatest of MR history Started by: Caruzzo on Aug 03, '12 11:49

I'm pretty interested to learn about the roleplay history of this game, so who is, in your opinion, the best player to play this game? What are your favorite wars?

And also could you put links to threads I can read about them?

Report Post Tip

Wow. Not interested in doing much of the work yourself are you?

The greatest player? How would anyone even define that? What would you consider attributes to base a persons greatness on?

Most people seem to define greatness by a persons longevity and position in power. Personally, I look for people that carry that sway without the use of a bold suit or big title like Godfather. Those are people that are truly great, imo.

I wont big him up too much, as he does it too much himself already, but Grin/FakMan is a person I've got great admiration for when it comes to "playing the game", he often manages to use whatever tools he has to work his way into a position that enables him to influence this thing of ours. He was also a key organiser in probably one of the best wars i've been involved in.

Another "great" player I would say is tita. You'll see her mentioned often, many people think they can build a gun, but many people don't know how to use it when they do. Tita is one of those players that you just don't want to come up against, as its always a tough fight. Anyone that strikes fear into the opponent like that deserves the billing of great player, imo.

Similar to the above, DeadlySin is someone that puts in a massive amount of work and has earned some notoriety for it, as evidenced by recent wars and those before involving his bloodline, he has proved that he knows how to win and that is something very important in this world. You can have all the power in the world, and be useless with it, that can't be said for DS.

There are of course many others that could be named, such as FlyingPig, he was a man that could do a truck load of damage if he wanted to. Like tita he knew exactly how to use a gun. But i'll leave it at that, no point in naming everyone as I could be here a while, this game has saw many excellent players, and many shit ones too of course.

Going back to what I said at the start though, how does everyone here describe the definition of greatness? What attributes does our society really look for before deciding someone is "great"?

Report Post Tip

Hey Caruzzo, there is a lot of ego around here and it bleeds over into these area's. While Tyrion pointed out some great guns, and to be sure this game revolves around how often you shoot, you did ask about roleplaying. I can understand the curiousity as the place touts itself as a roleplay game. The best roleplaying in game that I remember was when Marietta ran detroit, lots of great stories and well written roleplay back then. I believe you can purchase timers that will aid you in searching out stories from those days. This is just my own perspective by the way, I am hardly the definitive source for the greatest players of all time.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion please don't start a discussion about what defines greatness. Do it in another thread.

Report Post Tip

Lol @ Caruzzo

Gawd, Tyrion. All he wants to know is who you think great not why you think they are great. 

Report Post Tip

Best player ever? Me of course....

The best war? All the ones where Striphe died.

Report Post Tip

Indeed Chuck, how silly of me. Why on earth did I think thought should enter into the discussion?

I vote Shippie as the greatest. Great leader, great teacher. Doesn't hurt he gave me auth on one of my first characters, either.

Report Post Tip

Hands down, Sweeney is the greatest role player this world has ever seen.

Report Post Tip

Kurtz all the way.

I actually think that my bloodline,Kuklinski, rate as the best and most consistent role-playing bloodline of all time.

Report Post Tip

I have to admit that kuku with all that we can say against his tirades, puts a lot of effort into his conspiracy theories. Marietta, Keats and Kittie also come to mind when thinking about RP.

And Caruzzo, don't be rude to the person that actually put the most effort into answering one of the broadest questions you can ever ask. Next time you ask something, you can bet he is not going to be putting any effort into helping you. At least I hope he doesn't. You don't seem appreciative enough to deserve it.

Report Post Tip

When was I rude?

Report Post Tip

"Tyrion please don't start a discussion about what defines greatness. Do it in another thread."

There.

Report Post Tip

Rude? Lol, I even said please. Rude would be "Make your own thread, asshole". His response was maybe with effort, but wasn't what I was looking for. I was looking for people's opinions on notable players of this game, and past famous wars. I did not wish to discuss about what defines greatness.

My apologies if I was offensive.

Report Post Tip

Please don't start a discussion about what defines rudeness. Do it in another thread.

OK, just kidding. But I hope you see my point. The fact you feel the need to go deeper into a detail of the conversation doesn't mean it doesn't really add anything to it.

If you are going to be annoyed by certain responses, perhaps you should have clarified that from the beginning.

I don't know... "Just tell me names", or.. you know what? Actually I have no idea what you are looking for now. You just told me you wanted opinions, and I thought Tyrion's reply was full of them. Unless I'm confused and opinions are not the same as reasons. Like I said, after you showing you didn't like his answer I have no idea what you are looking for.

I mean, I understand the words, but I still don't see how Tyrion's reply doesn't comply.

Report Post Tip

It does. He mentioned a few names, and I'm looking for that. However, the last two lines of his post call for a discussion on what defines greatness. Had it begun, we would have clashed opinions, started arguing and no-one would actually post what I asked.

Report Post Tip

You see what Aiden did there Caruzzo. He misrepresented what you said and then made you defend a position you didnt take. Lets face it if Tyrion had wanted an apology he could have asked for it. Instead Aiden decided he wanted one. You should not have even replied to his strawman. The fact is Tyrion reply was rude,, he implied that by asking for opinions you were too lazy to look it up yourself, thus making you defend a position you did not take. You werent lazy, you just asked for some idea of what was notable in the past. Aiden also missed the point that when Tryion gave his opinion of your work ethic, you were free to ignore the rest of his drival. You will do well to ignore the subset of this game who chooses to strawman, they lack intellectual integrity.

Report Post Tip

Speaking of misrepresentations... you love talking in circles, don't you?

When did I ask for an apology? Maybe I gave unwanted advice, but that's all. Don't assume more than what I said.

Granted, you reminded me of the beginning of Tyrion's reply which could have been nicer, yes. But that doesn't mean that in the end he didn't bother replying to the question at hand.

By the way, the name is Aidan and the word you were looking for is drivel. I'm not one to correct spelling usually, but since it seems that you like to be picky...

Report Post Tip

Usually when one turns to pointing out spelling errors it's pretty obvious they lack a good argument. I dont intend to correct my spelling on the fly so you and everyone else who likes to use that can just get over yourselves. And yes Aidan, logical fallacies and the tactics that accompany them are annoying, glad you noticed.

Report Post Tip

Usually.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps this needs to be changed to a "Who in your opinion is great (just don't justify your opinion because I don't wanna know) thread?

Anyway right know I say the clear winner is DeadlySin for greatest player. Not just because he is Godfather but because of what he did to get there with starting in the free city of LV and working his way up, surviving wars and managing it whilst still being active on the streets on the like, which is a rare thing these days

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Greatest of MR history
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL