Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 03:40:23
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Start-up answers Started by: LilacDelaney on Nov 07, '12 13:33

I just hate the idea that answer sets are known. Minus the dice roller and stuff..the answewr sets being widely known for all these years gives a drastic advantage..I mean now with the dice it doesn't matter as much but still bad practice for nearly every older player to know every answer set etc

Report Post Tip

I know what you mean OldMan and on one level, especially as a new player, I do disagree with it. However, advantage isn't everything in this game and those who have years of experience enjoy it because they also put the work in. That can't be underestimated.

Plus, it makes it all the more interesting when someone works their way up having very few advantages, if any. It doesn't happen particularly often, but that's what makes it special.

Getting back to the topic, I'd love to know what people think of my last contribution on page 1.

Report Post Tip

I have not read all the posts, but it sounds like the goal is to be able to see what role play or dice rolls you started with. As long as a player can only see RP questions if that's what he started with and rolls if that, then there shouldn't be an issue.

One small problem though, we weren't actually recording if it was RP or Dice (my bad), which I just added to our logging, so if this passes it will be only for characters created now and forward.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the input enkindle! Good to know its something that wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate, it certainly makes the decision easier when thinking of pros and cons on an idea.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, I don't really see any particular con to this. The only question is: Is it needed?

Report Post Tip

I believe it will be beneficial, especially for new players who are asked what answers they are on by their CL's and will possibly have no idea what that means. And even for older players who may roll the dice. They may forget what stats they started with when or if they decide to start training a gun.

Report Post Tip

Thanks Enkindle.

I believe it's beneficial. I'm a fairly new player and I started without knowing the role that start-up stats played. As a sponsor, again, I've noticed that some people really don't take much note of them and will usually only have a vague recollection. Of course, I'm not saying for a second that this applies to everyone.

Plus, it just adds to the RP aspect of the game - wouldn't you have a ''background check'' done on you as the new associate of a Mafia family? Most definitely. And, as I said, gaining that little bit of ''starting identity'' (as demonstrated through my RP examples) might help combat people signing up and then going inactive after a short period of time as they would immediately feel more connected to their new family and therefore, the game.

Report Post Tip

Crew leaders like to know what their members strenghts and weakneesse are so to speak. With just about everyone on the site knowing the start up answers and how they effect various stats, it lets the leader know how to best use their members. For those new players that just randomly answer the questions and dont remember what they put in, it would just make it easier. Older players keep track of what answers they used so they can pass up that info.

Report Post Tip

Backround check is an interesting idea and leans us a little more to reality, as long as we can rid the system of basic answer sets that are widely known

(Sure I love being able to sign up on pure wack, stealth etc and skip time and beat the competition.. especially with no wb death anymore I mean why waste my time on defense etc especially if planning to buy bgs but that is another issue for another thread) but just takes away the realistic part and I can lose some of the comforts that make it easier for me and everyone else to get ahead to make the game a tad more realistic.

Report Post Tip
PC-Asylum has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

A bird put this into my ear that the dice roll answers aren't as pure for something like wack or defense as the dice roll. So I think having something under your profile showing the answers in the "2134123" type sequence would be fine next to past accounts as well. It's not like it hurts or reveals anything and some people find answer sets that are used unlike others. I know one of my personal biggest accounts was a random set I made up that worked very well.

Report Post Tip

Exactly, Asylum. If I remember correctly, the dice roll never gives 100% of any stat, ever.

However, supposedly you can get a "pure " answer set for different stats which you would never get with the dice.

Report Post Tip

Love this suggestion. Having access to original stats or startup-answers exactly as squishy laid it out would be a wonderful addition.

This would be a great addition to grow the user base as well, that way when someone new signs up and their boss asks their answer set they don't have to be utterly confused, just copy and paste a number. 

The RP aspect you guys discussed would also be a good addition to the original suggestion - spot on.

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion has received the required 5 sponsors and has been submitted to the player commission forum.

Player Commission Thread: Start-up answers
Report Post Tip

Exactly, Asylum. If I remember correctly, the dice roll never gives 100% of any stat, ever.

However, supposedly you can get a "pure " answer set for different stats which you would never get with the dice.

Not sure how true this is, as i've had Pure Wack from the Dice Roll before.

Report Post Tip
The voting for this suggestion has passed.

PC-Cassiopeia has voted YES. [5] (Brilliant idea!)
PC-Lola has voted YES. [2] (With new users in mind - very important - it\'s a great idea.)
PC-Sticks has voted YES. [2] (No reason given)
PC-Warrior has voted YES. [2] (I dont have any issue with the idea.)
PC-Whitey has voted YES. [2] (Great idea, big help to newer users!)
PC-Flash-Fire has voted NO. [3] (Dislike the Idea)
PC-Adrian has voted NO. [2] (It is not as relevant, imo.)
PC-ralph has voted NO. [2] (As SpikeSpiegel mentioned - it dumbs down the game.)
PC-SpikeSpiegel has voted NO. [2] (No.)
PC-El_Nino has not voted. [4]
PC-DeadlySin has not voted. [2]
PC-Patti has not voted. [2]
PC-Pratster has not voted. [2]
PC-Ter has not voted. [2]
PC-Asylum has not voted. [0]
PC-Grin has not voted. [0]
PC-Sayyid has not voted. [0]
PC-Squishy has not voted. [0]
PC-Tech has not voted. [0]

Voting Totals, Yes: 13 (5), No: 9 (4), Undecided: 12 (10).

PC-Warrior, it is now your responsibility to write a final summary for the coders and to create/edit the wiki article for the suggestion.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Start-up answers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL