Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 07:02:38
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Auto-cancel idle OC Started by: Vedder on Nov 09, '12 17:10

We've all been there. We get an invite to participate in an OC. We then check who else is helping us Raid The Depot...and we have a stacked team of mobsters: this should be easy. Carrying on with our digital lives, we realize 20 minuts later the OC is still sitting open and the organizer is offline.

Can we get OCs cancelled after X amount of time when the Mastermind goes AWOL? 

Report Post Tip

I like this idea, maybe after 15-20 minutes of the mastermind logging out/becoming inactive it could be canceled?

Either that or you could possibly have it send a reminder notification to the OC participants like 'it looks like the mastermind of your crime has abandoned his post!' or something to that effect making a notification that they've logged off or gone IA

Report Post Tip

One of the best suggestions I've ever read - excellent idea. However, I'd go for the auto-cancel idea over the reminder; a reminder won't do much good if the organiser has gone offline.

Obviously OCs can sometimes take a while in terms of gathering up enough people (especially if they keep accidentally hitting their felony timer...not looking at anyone in particular, lol) so I'd say a good 30 min timeframe would probably be best.

RP wise, this could work in the context of having an optimum window of time to commit the crime; once that time expires, the crime plans are cancelled.

Report Post Tip

Can you not just click on cancel yourself and 'back out' of the crime, so to speak?

Report Post Tip

Yeah, but what if you forget about it? I have joined OCs several times, and then woken up the next day to find myself still in that same one that hasn't been run... I do think that there should be a certain time that allows it to expire... something like 30 minutes. 

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I think this is lazyness, you have the option to cancel an OC you are apart of, if you can't remember your in one that's your fault. The master mind could very well be waiting on someone who will greatly improve the chances of success to become available and we all know how people can easily felony on auto-pilot messing with plans.

Report Post Tip

i just hit the cancel button typically

Report Post Tip

What about non made members? They do not have the option to simply cancel the OC. Lot's of things auto-expire for us due to "lazyness" ... marketplace offers, drug fronts, hit lists ... ;)

Report Post Tip

Marketplace offers drop off to keep the credit prices changing, DFP tips expire to keep you coming back the opposite of laziness, hit list's expire to prevent massive hits staying on a player for too long.

Although I do see your point about non made members, but they choose to accept the invite.

Report Post Tip

I do think this is something that should be considered. It might be out of laziness, but it makes sense. If a guy doesn't call you an hour later after planning a crime, it should just auto cancel. 

Report Post Tip

Flash-Fire, there's been many changes that have been implemented due to what you're considering lazy. Quick buy/sell for drugs, bulk marketplace purchases come to mind off the top of my head. Others, although a stretch, could be timers, filter obits, and watched thread eye thingy. I just don't think "No, you're lazy" is a fair argument. Not that I'm personally tied to the idea - I just feel sick when I realize I've been in an OC for what feels like 8 hours because I forgot ;) 

Report Post Tip

Much like Flash Fire, i'm not overly convinced of the merits to this idea. It certainly does have a very lazy aspect to it. However there was a good point made regarding those under Made Man, whilst they can still access the OC to remove themselves, its not as simple as they dont have the drop down and need to enter the URL to get to that page.

Report Post Tip

On that last point, i've convinced myself its worth sponsoring.

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Well, Warrior made a good point there. Being below made doesn't give you any sort of cancel option, and this would help with that as well for those under made.

Report Post Tip

I don't disagree completely with this idea, but I do see flash-fire's point. However, I also have been non-made and stuck in a dead OC. What if we added as reminder that was something like the OC invite? e.g: "the mastermind seems to have left, do you wish to wait for him? (yes) (no)" if you hit no, you are removed. gives you a way to leave if you can't see the OC screen, but isn't automatic, as I have also been in a situation where, in order to wait for someone, The Oc was delayed by a substantial amount of time. I'd suggest this reminder showing up every 20-30 minutes. this also means that If the mastermind is waiting, and actually communicateing with people, Everyone will know not to bail out.

Report Post Tip

A reminder, as philli-stein pointed out, could work as an alternative if more people would agree with that. 

Report Post Tip

I quite like that idea of a reminder, I think I'll sponsor this as it can be worked into something usable.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Auto-cancel idle OC
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL