Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 17:58:17
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Archived Personals Started by: GoldenGun on Nov 13, '12 19:24

Basically being able to Archive your personals.

Like Mail I wanted to know if you guys would find any use for Archiving personals.

I wanted to Archive personals a few times for different reasons...

1. Saving witness statements
2. saving your shot lists
3. saving money people have sent you for an event
4. saving statements of people that have wacked at you

There could be other reasons to do this aswell. I thought that basically if you could have the likes of your Shot Lists saved in your Archive and it didn't delete itself at any point in time, it will be good for updating your shot reports and such...

Saving WS's is another but with the Warden feature that's not going to appeal to people anymore but saving the money that people have sent you; so that you know you have got that loan to repay?; Keeping a list for a competition you are running and wanting to save those things in game.

I just like the idea of holding on to information on the game, so it doesn't clutter up my computer documents with notepad docs and wordpad docs.

I can't see any downsides

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure an archive is actually needed, but it would be nice if personal's where deleted when the account dies rather than 90 day's (I'm not 100% sure on that figure).

Report Post Tip

It would be kinda cool if it could all be downloaded in an Excel file... But As for storing it on the game... It would just waste a lot of space in the end. 

Report Post Tip

There was already a suggestion similar to this, it was having the ability to sticky your personals. I don't really feel there is a need for either, as we have back alleys, there is nothing preventing you from copying and pasting what you want to preserve in that area.

Report Post Tip

How many pages of personals do you have Cassi? ... It would be much easier if there was a little tool that could at least have you view them on one page to copy and paste.

Report Post Tip

You can easily go through separate categories. It doesn't really matter how many personals I have, I'm not the one making the suggestion, nor worried about archiving my personals. I'm sorry my alternative does not make archiving your own personals easier, but it is still an option that is already available. I don't really see a need to have a tool to let you view every single personal on one entire page.

Report Post Tip

If there were no difficulties coding and implimenting this, I see absolutely no downside.

I believe Squishy and Enkindle are all for suggestions making tedious processes a little bit easier, so I see no reason why this shouldn't be put through.

I don't see any negative aspects to this at all, it may not be needed but it is something that is wanted and desirable. 

Report Post Tip

You can archive your personals currently by simply copying and pasting to a back alley thread which is saved for a very very very long time and linked to your master account.

Report Post Tip

I believe not necessarily an archived version of personals, but maybe a search feature through the jumble of personals one may have already, I feel as if sometimes when looking back on situations trying to gather information, it can be quite tedious to try and sort through a million pages of information when the examples you are looking for could be quite easily overlooked.

Maybe a suggestion thread that would implement some sort of a search feature for your personals, rather than an archive feature?... I am sure I'm not the only one who has found himself in a situation where past information that I didn't believe to be vital, became vital :).

Report Post Tip

I like this idea generally. I think an export button would be a great idea for this. .csv exports are implimented in the crew page and the bank transfer page, why not the personals page??

Sticks, I like your thinking. A search would be great. I don't know whether it would be easier to code a search feature - or code an export feature that people could search on their own. I think a file download/export thing would honestly be the best of both worlds - you can archive/search/fondle your information however you like if you can download it...

Report Post Tip

I am going to go ahead and sponsor this, I believe a storage system of some kind or a search feature of some kind is needed for the personals, there IS ample time to be able to export these said items, however, as I stated before; sometimes you don't know you'll be needing this information until a later date.

I feel as if giving people a search feature in order to pin point things will be a very nice addition to the personal news.

I just like the idea of holding on to information on the game, so it doesn't clutter up my computer documents with notepad docs and wordpad docs

I understand this completely... I believe loads of information are only store for so long due to the server being overloaded with information causing it to not run as smoothly as needed.

Maybe certain aspects of the personals could be coded to be long lasting? Such as Finances, Wacks, BG wacks, HQ attacks. Maybe a few others I am missing?...

Report Post Tip
PC-Sticks has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I would just like there to be somewhere that you could store things instead of having to view them every time you looked at your personals. The way we have tabs for things, if you could only see those things if you clicked on the tabs that would be nice.

E.g. *Click on personals* It shows recent events for the past couple of hours. Then it disappears into the specific tabs like *Wack*,*Info*...

The likes of wacking at people should stay as long as your character lives. That kind of information is important to most users and instead of having to save it on file.

Report Post Tip

As I had previously commented on this before, I'm all for logging personals or making it so that they're exportable so, I'll toss in a sponsorship. 

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I'm still in the mindset that you are perfectly capable of logging your own personals in your back alley. There is really no reason for coders to put time into this when the solution is so very simple for the user.

Report Post Tip

{well, cassi, I would agree with that, if it were a time consuming update, enkindle/squishy how long would something like this take to impliment?}

True cassi, there are many ways to log your personals... but, I know that I would use this feature were it to be implimented and i know a lot of others that would too, which is why I think that, time alowwing, it should be implimented

Report Post Tip

While personally I'm kind of ambivalent towards the idea of archiving personals themselves, (though I can see a good portion of people using it) an export function would be a pretty convenient and time-saving feature. Good idea.

Report Post Tip
PC-ralph has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 4 sponsors and will need 1 more sponsor in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Archived Personals
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL