Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 07:55:59
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Forum Posting Perks - My take on it Started by: enkindle on Nov 29, '12 20:39

Enkindle, we had been discussing this in IRC a few days ago and you had a great thought I wish you had posted :P

So I will, What would you guys think about being able to like 'tag' a post with a word like 'interesting' or 'brutal' or some other descriptive.. and then those could cost/transfer some amount of money.

'Someone walked up to you after your speech and said 'Brutal speech, I respect your guts' They handed you a stack of bills totaling X'

Report Post Tip

You are talking about putting a value on opinion are you not?  Or am I reading everything backwards.

Report Post Tip

No, not a value on opinion. Value on a quality post.

Report Post Tip

okay, i can understand that. next question would be the kicker tho.  How, or rather what criteria do you use to detemine what is a good post and what is bad.  Personally I think popular opinion (yes there is that word again) would end up being a major influence.  I am thinking it might end up being more of a popularity contest thing in the end. 

Report Post Tip

This is 100% about what OTHER players find to be a good post. I don't see what the problem there is? If players don't want to a see a particular type of post, why should people be rewarded for writing it?

Report Post Tip

ahhh. So it is designed to be a popularity type thing,  No, it is absolutely no problem I just wanted to be clear on the issue as far as what the criteria for deciding what may be valued  and what is not.  Posts will be read regardless  of what is written.  The rewards will be given to the popular(good) ones.

Report Post Tip

Well yes, that's very much how it should work. You should not be rewarded for crap, regardless of how long that crap may be. The goal is to encourage people that take the time to write the good stuff to write as well as let other people see that good stuff tends to be rewarded.

Report Post Tip

I think if there is to be any sort of reward for posting other than the stat boosts it already gives then it should be along the same lines as every other action in the game, I see no reason why someone who posts should be given something extra than those that don't.

I understand the reason is to encourage more posting activity but with a worthwhile quality but I think the only way it would be fair is if it was awarded like all other actions within the game, via achievements, I'm sure the achievements could be handled in a similar way to check for quality of a post similar to the stat gains and people are rewarded with exp and set amounts of money/credits.

Report Post Tip

{Did you even read my arguments against the use of automated rewards? Lets take the + votes at the top for example. The honesty level there is on an average of something like 40%. That means 6 of every 10 times someone clicks a + they do not complete the voting process. They simply reap the rewards and move. Most people are inherent assholes. Add to that a strong element of competition and you get mass asshatery.}

Report Post Tip

"I see no reason why someone who posts should be given something extra than those that don't."

It's entirely up to the other players to choose to give. How is this in any fashion unfair? If its anonymous especially.

Report Post Tip

{I thought those that didn't complete the voting repeatedly got admin jailed/wacked for it.}

Sorry I must admit I didn't read the whole thing and my mind was actually on the other thread about rewards for posting in the business district.

As for this idea it self I'm a bit on the fence, I don't have anything against it but I also don't see it working. Sure we have the odd competition to boost activity with rewards but not many players would send money for a good thread (at least nothing that amounts to more than a felony).

Report Post Tip

I agree about the money, that's why I suggest making the amount variable. The range for cash is completely up in the air, though I'd like to see at LEAST a couple hundred as a minimum. Tossing around $10 for a post is a bit lame.

As for it being used or not. I honestly couldn't say, that would be up to the users.

Report Post Tip

I would like to see if this could work. I don't know, anybody else with input as to if they would use this? I think this could be very interesting...

{I wonder if we could pass it as a short trial? Enkindle, would this be a pain to code or something simple?}

Report Post Tip

{To do this right would be a days work probably.}

Report Post Tip

I've given this some more thought and I definitely think it would be a good addition.

Report Post Tip
PC-DeadlySin has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

This should be good, if it were something that were unused or didn't work out we could always go back and amend it, try different things etc.. But anything is better than stagnation in the BD and or Street threads - I'm gonna go ahead and sponsor this.

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 2 sponsors and will need 3 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Maybe the "likes" shouldn't transfer to cash, but maybe some sort of achievement thing... or possibly both. 

I do fear abuse with the popularity of certain players. Like "bitches, like this for me!" Or like, how on FB, hundreds of people like something just because a hot girl posted it... 

This is something that should be addressed and worked out though. There needs to be a way to bring more of a draw to the streets etc. 

Report Post Tip
PC-SpikeSpiegel has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 3 sponsors and will need 2 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Forum Posting Perks - My take on it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL