Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 09:34:27
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Save Contacts to text or CSV and other notes Started by: SpikeSpiegel on Jan 10, '13 02:13

I wish there was a way to save the contact list with notes into a .txt or .csv similar to how they have it on crew pages. I think this could be useful for general book-keeping, and memories. I also think it's probably pretty easy to do coding wise.

Another issue, when a character disappears in the database, it leaves a blank space. I was wondering if the name could still stay there, not hyperlinked, but with notes... as a means of referring back to. Also shouldn't be too complicated.

Report Post Tip

yes on saving contacts to .csv that's a great idea.

Second part? Your contacts already have dead people in there, they're just red. Your notes stay in there as well so it serves the purpose i think you're looking for.

I'm going to sponsor this on the basis of the first idea as I think that would be a great addition. 

Report Post Tip
PC-Whitey has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

This isn't a bad idea at all. Pretty easy to do.

Spike, there shouldn't be blank spots. If there is that's definitely a bug on my part.

Report Post Tip
No contacts in this group.

That's what I meant by blank spots. And yeah when people die, after a good amount of time, they start disappearing and leaving those I believe. So that's why I made the latter suggestion.

Report Post Tip

Ahhh, SpikeSpiegel is correct, I just opened up a different contact list and many people that died a while ago are missing and replaced with that No contacts in group. line..

Maybe that could just be a quick fix? At any rate, I hope we can get a few more sponsors because I really like the CSV part and it would be nice to get this little (what seems like a bug) thing fixed.

Report Post Tip

Ah, that's definitely just me needing to clean data up. I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

Report Post Tip

Alright thanks. But what I was wondering was... instead of having them disappear, when they disappear from the database... was if you could make the names there with their notes, but just not hyperlinked to any profile (in plain black text) ... just as a way of remembering names and such. The contact list transfers from our master accounts, so I think that could be pretty cool to have going down the line. Perhaps by default, the dead/old accounts would be alphabetized at the bottom on their respective groups. 

Report Post Tip

I could try to do something like that, yes. Not a bad idea.

Report Post Tip

Thanks. It would be great it it's not too complicated :)

Report Post Tip

No, that's pretty simple, not even worth putting through the PC, more of a little shit thread thing.

Report Post Tip

Perfect. Well then, I guess it's all settled then. Looking forward to the change. Thanks again. 

Report Post Tip

Meh, wrong account, but whatever. 

Report Post Tip

Went and busted your incog man. Way to go.

Report Post Tip

Sad times, I spent all this time in hiding. Everything is ruined!!!

Report Post Tip

I was going to sponsor this, but seems there is no need now :D

Report Post Tip

Uuuh, there was some confusion. I'm going to do a small fix on the contact page. This idea however is still open for the normal process.

Report Post Tip

okay so in order to get the csv export done we need to sponsor and pass this. I think that's the full idea behind this suggestion, pretty much ready to vote on in my opinion.

Any other thoughts? It would be great to get some more sponsors on here - like you warrior :P

Report Post Tip

I really hope great ideas like this don't get lost in the shuffle of the controversial ones... That would be extremely counter-productive...

Report Post Tip

As I'm not going to sponsor my own suggestion, I'll still bump it. :P

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Save Contacts to text or CSV and other notes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL