Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 08:46:49
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Bodyguard solution? Started by: MichaelLaMotta on Jan 14, '13 16:12

I am not one to take credit for another's work or suggest even but Paw_Broon made a great suggestion that went unseen. It is as follows:

I'm sure this has been suggested before and I apologise for not re-reading this whole thread or the multitude of others elsewhere on the subject but why not just remove the need for demotion at all.

Since tapering is the phrase de jour at the moment taper the costs. Have it so your first 10 bodyguards cost 500k each. Anyone can pick them up at any rank, it costs the same whether you're a thug or a don. Then step it up 250k for the next set of 5:

1-10 - 500k each

11-15 - 750k each

16-20 - 1000k each

21-25 - 1250k each

26-30 - 1500k each

31-35 - 1750k each

36-40 - 2000k each

41-45 - 2250k each

46-50 - 2500k each

etc etc etc.

Therefore to get to 50 you spend $57 million and that can be spent throughout the lifetime of your character, all at once or whatever and it doesn't require the ridiculous demotion. The figures are for inicative purposes, getting to IWP costs 200m+ with this costing.

It allows the casual user to bg up throughout their lifetime rather than feeling left out of the loop once you hit earner.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure the game just had a major BG change.... that should allow people at any rank to play catch up without the demote. Maybe take a look at that again?

Report Post Tip

Obviously I did or else I wouldn't be posting this.

Playing catch up actually costs more money in the long end. Not to mention the upkeep because your BGs only have so much health. It is definitely not even in the slightest.

Report Post Tip

In my opinion this is a much better suggestion than the recent change.

It will completly stop the demoting for BG's while the new system wont but makes BGs more expensive for everyone, even players who will only ever buy a couple.

Report Post Tip

As far as I can see at the moment, the new BG system doesn't really make it less beneficial to demote, as demotions are still happening and the whole point of changing the system was to stop demoting. Maybe I am missing something, but from what I've seen of it so far, it is still less expensive to demote and the demotions will continue.

Report Post Tip

Exactly.

Demotion being used as a reward is totally ridiculous, the new system wont stop it.

This is  such a simple and effective solution to the problem I can't believe it hasn't been suggested before.

Report Post Tip

Demotion is pointless if you willingly get demoted. It's supposed to be a punishment.

Report Post Tip

Mr lamotta Is correct. the newly implemented system does not fix the problem, it mearly forces the upper crust to restructure how they run demotions. His suggestion will in fact make BG demotion an utter waste of time, and beig demoted can return to the punishment it once was. I say go go go!

Report Post Tip

Way to go Paw_Broon.

Report Post Tip

Fairly sure i've read that suggestion before from Old Broon. Also sure I said at that point that I think its a splendid idea.

Report Post Tip

Yep. Why I brought this idea to light.

Report Post Tip

Why is this being over looked? It makes perfect sense and couldn't be more simple.

Report Post Tip

Because of the new system being introduced. They want time on this new system.

Report Post Tip

Seeing the new system, I like this idea now. Reason is simple, training I dislike and the only thing I like about it is that during war it makes it incredibly tough to BG up. This system would play an even base for every player so that rank doesn't matter, demotes do not matter, nothing matters except the money to buy them. I think this should be looked at now and contemplated how it would work and if it would do better then the current system in place.

Report Post Tip

The new system just makes for a slightly more complicated and inconvenient way of doing things, it is still completely bonkers from a realism standpoint. A Godfather's RHM is demoted 10x now rather than once. Madness.

I don't understand the point behind the change because as long as it is cheaper to demote for bodyguards, people are going to keep doing it. This suggestion, like many of the others that will eradicate the problem like static pricing regardless of rank, would definitely be an improvement.

Report Post Tip

This is the change that should have been implemented. The new system only makes it more expensive across the board to get bodyguards. It's still much cheaper to demote for your BGs, therefore people will continue to do so. It did nothing that the administration said it would do, it's simply a terrible change in my opinion.

"Oh but you need to give it time blah blah." Yeah I think I've seen enough of this new system to say that if there isn't a real change that actually fixes this problem before my next character, I may not continue to play the game.

This suggestion, originally by Mr. Broon and now re-lit by Mr. Lamotta, would, in my opinion, completely remove any need for a demote, while keeping the cost of BGs relatively near where it was before. I can't believe there hasn't been more PC discussion on this.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with most people here. We need a system that STOPS people from demoting for BGs. This system also allows you to have the amount of BGs you can afford at any rank and the more I think abot it, the more I like it.

If there are any flaws with THIS system, I ask people to show it. I understand the work put in the new system but if something better comes along, why wait?

Report Post Tip
PC-Adrian has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

I'm not totally against the system we have now but I think this system is a far better direction to go as it still gives everyone in the game a chance to gain bodyguards. Like if the player can't afford BGs while he is young, he will be able to start purchasing them when he ranks higher and although it will get even pricier atleast he is able to work harder to improve the amount of BGs that he has.

Great Suggestion

Vince has sponsored this suggestion.

Report Post Tip

I really hope this gets enough sponsors before the PC has ended.

The current system is terrible, people will get demoted and sit at Gangster till they have the BG's fully trained, even more unrealistic than the old system to be fair.

Real change is needed and this is the simplest and best way to do it from what I can see.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bodyguard solution?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL