Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 06:40:39
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Credit Prices - A Discussion Started by: Donbot on Jan 25, '13 16:36

throwing a full jail of 120 people for 500k and not getting half of the jail isnt worth the cost of a credit.

Report Post Tip

People rarely walk away with less than 5 mil. 10 credits for a CA then would be worth that five. No money is lost, but there are benefits for having one etc. It becomes a standard.

I'd rather people shot more MIA's. No one is going to buy more timers. You only need it once a month.

It depends what time you do the jail, and people catch on usually the first one.

Perks might be more expensive with in game cash. Depends on which ones.

Report Post Tip

Then you need to move around more between throwing jails :P

In all seriousness, I doubt an extra 1 million per month is destabilizing the economy in the credit system that much.

Report Post Tip

It's not that extra million so much as it's the fact that you can't lose on it. 

Report Post Tip

It's an extra 1.5 mill earned from CA's btw... you get to kill it before it retires and as discussed 1 kill is worth 500k.

Report Post Tip

Petty Perk:

Cost 1 Credit

Approx $500,000

Assuming Gameplay Of 5 Hours Per Day

5 H x 60 = 300min

300 x 60 = 18 000 secs

18 000 / 200 (assuming petty on the second) = 90 Petties per day.

90 x 30 (Days in Perk)

2700 Petties Per Perk Cycle.

Assuming perfect 5% trigger = 135 Triggers

Assuming $1000 per petty (Without tax it's a fair'ish number, albeit slightly generous)

135 x 1000 = $135,000

From this we can deduce.

10 hours game play = $270,000

15 hours game play = $405,000

20 hours game play = $540,000

From a purely cash perspective.. Not worth it, the extra ranking points worth it? Doubtful.

---------------

Felony Perk

Cost 1 Credit

Approx $500,000

Assuming Gameplay Of 5 Hours Per Day

5 H x 60 = 300min

300 x 60 = 18 000 secs

18 000 / 780 = 23 Felonies Per Day.

23 x 30 = 660 (Perk Cycle)

Assuming perfect 5% trigger: 33 Triggers

Assuming $1500 per Felony (very generous I thought)

$49,500

We can then deduce that.

10 Hours a day: $99,000

15 Hours a day: $148,500

20 Hours a day: $198,000

From a financial perspective, getting raped again. Exp? Doubtful

No one is ever going to Felony (or petty for that matter) perfectly on the nose either.

------------

Just some things to consider on these two perks. My maths and logic are seldom flawless feel free to correct.

Report Post Tip

Those perks are mainly for XP and achievements that's about it. 

Report Post Tip

I understand that, however; when the cost per credit is at an all time high, can one really justify spending 500k - (however much you earn in cash from the perk) for extra XP?

Report Post Tip

I think if they've got it... why not? For the general population? No, I don't think they can justify it. 

Report Post Tip

So again for accounts that aren't effected by the high credit prices? :P

Report Post Tip

All accounts are affected by high credit prices. It's just that some can get away with eating the cost a bit more than others. Those two perks are kinda pointless for anyone... unless they really want an achievement badly. If someone has a huge stockpile of credits, I don't even know if they'd bother. 

Report Post Tip

So essentially you think it is a waste of a credit...

So converting them to perks purchasable for cash seems like something you should endorse then.

Out of interest, do you have either of these perks?

Report Post Tip

Which was basically the point I was trying to make anyways.

Not that this severe digression hasn't been fun.

Report Post Tip

No neither. 

I personally wouldn't pay for it... so it would be a waste for me. 

I'd rather try to target the price of credits directly than convert those perks into cash-purchasable.

Report Post Tip

Wonderful.

Do you have any suggestions for how to do so? (Also you do realise {as i said earlier} lowering the amount of things purchasable with credits with lower their value)

Report Post Tip

Personally, I have all the perks, and if it was for sale I'd buy the PP perk. Never under estimate the value of exp. Last time a 1 month 9P perk came up for sale I paid $1 million for it, money I considered well spent.

Perhaps I'm just a money making machine?

Report Post Tip

With 10% I retract my statements, as petty becomes financially viable and a double the XP boost.

Felony is still not a financial boost, but definitely nice from an XP side.

Report Post Tip

there is, in fact, qa way to fix the issue entirely. which is too build an algorithm(or something, i don't speak code) to adjust prices on everything, drug min/max, petty and felony and OC cash amounts, and the cap on the credit price, as the world shifts.

so you base the price on active users, cash in game, and credits in game, or somthing like that.

This idea is incredibly rough, as i'm tired and fuzzed in the head. anyone who ges it and can explain it better, please do

Report Post Tip

So what you're basically says is create a code that calculates the best credit cap price for the current state of the game. So using the current cash in the game, credits in game, active users and anything else that would need to be included and then use all that information to automatically set a cap on the prices a credit can be sold at.

Automatically changing each time there is a major shift in the games economics.

I think that's what you meant.

Report Post Tip

And honestly people wouldn't wait until credits were expensive before selling. Sure the odd person in need of cash may be forced to sell cheap, but those with money and a stash of credits would contin6e to have money and a stash of credits

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Credit Prices - A Discussion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL