Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:12
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Boston: A Duel to the Top? Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Jan 30, '13 14:44

Because of who I am, you, the masses, will dismiss this out of hand, despite it being an idea that would electrify the Streets and help create a buzz.  A buzz that is much needed.

Boston lies empty.  Duelling is now accepted, if in its infancy.  The two could and should combine.

ROUND ONE

Each crew (not city, crew) allows one MADE MAN to apply to take part.  A BG limit is set and agreed upon, in advance.  I suggest WP/EWP.  

The GFs, or another agreed body, arrange random draws, to be held simultaneously.  The Made Men are paired off and duel.  It's a duel to the death, the number of participants will be halved.  I would expect a lot of betting to be going on about who goes through to the next round...

ROUND TWO

At an agreed point in the future, possibly when all the Made Men have made Capo, or those taken part have purchased a HQ (or an agreed size).  Random draws are again made.  And again, the numbers of participants is halved.

ROUND THREE

As before, depending on numbers.  The duels continue until there are four left standing.  An agreement is then hammered out about the city rules and the future.

Your thoughts?

Report Post Tip

To be honest i said in jest about making Boston a "dueling city". It would be nice to see dueling used in such a way. Its a concept i love but fear it will not be used as often as most would like, for obvious reasons.

Problem being is, we dont know if boston will hold its place as a city of criminal operation, thats why, i assume we havnt seen any activity within its walls. A good idea in theory, just not one i see will happen.

Report Post Tip

Well, historically I hate contest cities. They are, in my opinion, a waste of time, money, and a perfectly usable city. However, as we know, Boston is not a perfectly usable city. It will be gone before long.

I also hate the entire dueling feature, I feel it's only going to cause problems. However in a situation similar to this, I like it. I think it should be a tournament to the last man standing though, not to the final four. Since Boston will be closing up anyway, there's no need for four CLs there.

However, I think your level of protection is a bit high. WP and EWP will be tough for a made man to hit. It will essentially be a 1% war, which would be a bit dumb in my opinion. But I do think that a competition similar to this would indeed cause a buzz and a lot of betting. It would give us all some entertainment as we await the nation's reconstruction project.

Report Post Tip

Since Boston is likely to disappear in about 6 to 7 weeks you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Report Post Tip

While I usually disagree with most things you come up with Mr. Kuklinski. I do enjoy this idea and believe that it pretty well thought out.

I think that if it wasn't for the fact that the city will most likely be closing soon, that many have pointed out. I believe that this would be a good way of going about using the city if no current leaders are to be chosen to take the reigns of Boston. 

I think it would be a good use of the city and a good use of the new dueling method the gods have given us. But I also have to agree with Vegeta on the point of the bodyguard amounts being a bit high since the people joining this competition would be Made Men. With very few having any chance of hitting the other quickly. Also there would need to be a rule about the demotion of players and such. We don't want people who have been around for months and months to suddenly be demoted down to Made Man or Wise Guy in order to make the cut and have a much larger gun than any other competitor. 

So in the end, this is all hypothetical due to the gods wishing to close the city of Boston in what will probably be only a few weeks. Something that I would wish not to happen. But at the same time if the city were to stay open, there are many current leaders out there that are more than capable of taking over the reigns of Godfather of that city. 

Report Post Tip

If Boston was here to stay, this would be pretty much an awesome idea with only a few things I'd change, such as the BG limits. But, we all know that Boston will be gone soon, and with that in mind, I think this is just a waste of people's lives and hard work and that it might be something that people like the sound of but that they are reluctant to be part of. It's a shame, though, because this is the most interesting idea for a contest city I've ever heard. Maybe it's something that could be done in the future should any of the cities that we know are here to stay become open.

Report Post Tip

Boston is not technically closing, it is being renamed to one of the districts, the name however is not being forced, so you get to pick whatever you want the new area to be. We are expanding from the existing 6 areas to 10 or 12 areas.

There is plenty of room for boston to get used now and then renamed (like every other city is getting).

Report Post Tip

With that in mind, how about making this a reality?  Squishy, would you officiate at such an event?

Report Post Tip

Castelli hears the news of Boston and a smirk appears on his face.

Well that is music to my ears. I'm not sure how the current leadership will deal with the task of filling Boston. But I believe that this plan or just giving somebody auth would be fine. As long as the city can be filled and made active again. 

Report Post Tip

Any CLs brave enough to voice an opinion?  Phil_Steak, flip a join?

Report Post Tip

Wish I could join. ;P

Report Post Tip

I like this idea

Report Post Tip

Boston is going to be ruled somehow..I think this way is the best to determine who the correct man to reign it :) The good thing is, it`s gonna be well-deserved one, with blood and honor :D

Report Post Tip

Let's shake things up a bit!  It would be entertaining, interesting and unpredictable, no?

Report Post Tip

Mr_Kuklinski, this is a fine idea. I would dare to say the best one I have seen from you. Kudos. The question is, do the Cities have the cajones to make this happen?

Report Post Tip

"Squishy, would you officiate at such an event?"

I would have to bow out of this one, I think it would be a waste of some good people who have good accounts to get what they could otherwise get through regular means that don't result in everyone dying but the winner.

Report Post Tip

Ricardo stood there watching the discussion, voicing his opinion he says:
"I´m not sure how bloodshed would determine a good leader, or show in any form that someone has the abilities to run crime operations in an entire city?
Not wanting to step on anybody´s toes..", he continues, "but this idea reminds me of methods from the wild wild west, and I can´t really imagine a member of La Cosa Nostra accepting such?

Even less I see leaders agreeing to such a bloodbath, but that´s just my opinion.." 

Report Post Tip

Squishy, it would be a chance to roadtest something new - highly entertaining and, above all, engaging for the masses, no?

Report Post Tip

This almost sounds like hunger games. Just my random thought. 

Report Post Tip

Good leaders + random chance . . . by Jove, I think Kuku might have actually come up with something for once!  This might not actually be a bad idea.  It would be something worth watching, at least.  If there are enough made men with enough stones to risk it on a random chance to have power and control, I don't see why not.  After all, luck plays as much a role as anything else in our world.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Boston: A Duel to the Top?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL