Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 19:27:48
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
You think you're a tough guy, eh? Started by: Phil_Steak on Feb 05, '13 22:11

I am offering a suggestion here, however I am not fully sure how I feel about it as of yet.
I see that it could be positive, however I also see how it could be useless and not needed.

I would like to spark a debate about possibly suggesting, An Ass Whopping.

Someone pissed you off? Someone you truly hate?
Angry, have a bad day, and want to take it out on someone?

Whoop their ass.

Now, you may say, "Hey, we already have dueling, they can just duel each other.".

Well, two things with that.

1) Dueling leads to death.
2) Dueling involves someone accepting.

What I suggest, is a good ol, ass kicking. The results would include:

a) Hospitalized and immobile -- Unable to earn.
b) Medical expenses.

I think it could add a very nice element to the game. It would give rank some purposes as well. A wiseguy mouthing off to a capo? Rough him up a bit. Rough up a connected guy? Well, you may have to pay for his medical expenses at that point.

It would also be interested to add levels of ass kicking, with varying results.

EX:

1) Take it easy -- This would result with the target needing medical expenses. However, they won't be in a hospital for long and can continue to earn immediately afterwards. The downside of this? The guy might overpower you and beat you up instead.

2) Whoop His Ass -- This would result in severe hospital bills, as well as inability to commit crimes/drug runs for a period of time (this would need to be worked out. I think a good idea would be to make it something like, 2 hours of IN GAME time. 2 hours a player has to be on their account logged in, without the ability to do crimes. This serves two goals... It will prevent someone from just closing the game, and it might inspire people to venture into the streets and post. This has a better chance of success than "take it easy", however you don't want to do this to the wrong guy.

3) Send a message -- This would leave the culprit nearly dead. It would have severe medical expenses, longer inability to earn and so forth. This has yet an even higher rate of success, however there is also a slight chance (1%?) of killing the person. This kill would be public and known by everyone.

Report Post Tip

I like this idea.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea but a problem with this atm is your %s of damage, because I'm new ill use Deadly Sin as a eg.

Protection -
BGs IWP
HQ - IWP
Rank - 70

Now I'm new so I'm not sure on the amount of def he gets from all that nor his starting, but I'm pretty sure held be annoyed if let's say me and another play with 10 - 20 ranges took him out by 1 of us sending a msg then the other taking 1 shoot at him. Also iv been buying BGs and ild hate to be killed by a young mobster if this changes the potential damage % of a hit/ fight.

But because I live the idea ild suggest that maybe for sending a msg something like this,

20% chance of hitting a 26 - 21 % damage
40% chance of 20 - 15 % damage
60% chance of 14 - 9 % damage
80% chance of 8 - 1 % damage

Just a rough idea and maybe still to high, also a Limit on the ammount of times beaten up would have to be to be made, to avoid the above, but in all this would narrow the gap beetween young and old players what on another game I play are keen on.

Also you could add ideas to feature like,

Rolling with thugs, choose crew members to back you up for a period of time.
Weapons to be brought from the armory, Dusters/ Bats.
New Skill levels to achieve n work on, Top ten fighters get guns to use.
New way of conflicts, More wars.

Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak,

I love this idea and have wanted to put it in for years, however, the moment it goes in, the CLs ban it. And boom, a week of work is wasted that is best spent elsewhere. Until the CLs can make the shift from micromanaging every situation - to letting members fix their own problems, features like this won't get put in because they will just end up being banned.

The hardest thing is to convince the people in power that things only become a problem if they want it to be. If everyone is on board with it, then there are no complaints, no users demanding CLs to swoop in and fix problem that the very same user started - no fines, punishments, tension - nothing. If the CLs have a unified ruling on this from the start, then the feature could work, but all it takes is one person to start to regulate it and then it starts the process that results in the feature being banned.

You may read this as ragging on the CLs, but I get where they are coming from - they want to protect their members from each other - I get that. But this micromanagement of protection leads to situations where the CLs are now responsible for every little tiny interaction that happens between users that could have otherwise been settled on their own. Fast forward a bit, and you have a small situations that could have stayed a small situation ending up with large fines, HQ's and so on because things get blown out of proportion because the only way to handle differences is to keep escalate until such point that a CL has to get involved.

We just are not in a financial position to spend $800 of payroll to a feature that will get banned right off the bat. This feature and endless other ones just have to be put on the shelf until one day the mindsets of the powers that be can change which will allow us to start putting time into more user on user activities. Until that time, it's just not worth it.

Report Post Tip

I've always liked this idea too. Squishy rather beat me to the punch on the fact it would probably be banned. Perhaps a similar stance that was adopted with dueling could be incorporated? The feature is available to be used and bosses can implement rules regarding it, provided they are tied to realism. For example, nobody would rough up a Made Man, even other Made Men or Bosses laying their hands on a someone who has their button is a huge no-no. Therefore, it would certainly be a reasonable step for a Boss or Captain to have strict rules against his crew roughing up important people and as much should be expected from anyone who wants to make a name for themselves in any family.

Conversely, a blanket "this can't be used" is unreasonable and could be addressed externally. I'm not a fan of Administration policing the playing side and telling people what they can or can't do, but if people are being ridiculous i.e. you touched a nobody who works for one of my Earners, time to wipe out your city, then I think we all need to evaluate our positions and be a little more realistic.

This could be great and opens up a whole host of possibilities that would be a welcome additions to the game.

Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak

I like this alot, it is far more "mafia" than dueling is in my opinion and something that I think would be a good replacement to what we currently have in place.

I was also a fan of the original pickpocket/mugging. I remember someone whipping a fuckton of cash off someone juts as they were about to set up a HQ, shifting the money on and dieing.

Oh they were the days.

Report Post Tip

I understand Squishys fear, and I think DonBot (for once hehehe) may be correct.

We may be a bit too controlling about certain things, that shouldn't be. I think if the features are used for legit purposes, and not simply to cause damage, leadership should be able to "lessen the grip".

Donbots thoughts of not touching a made man is ideal. I think if a capo takes it upon himself to rough up a disrespectful gangster, then we need to accept that this made man felt wronged, and acted in a way that this thing of ours grants him the ability to do so.

However, as I mentioned, I think roughing up the wrong person, even if it's just a well connected WiseGuy, can result in interactions between the two families.

Let us use The Sopranos as an example:

New York and New Jersey both used the same Property Assessment person to Assess Property at a lower price so that they could purchase the property cheaper. However, when NY found out about this guy working on jobs for NJ that profits weren't shared about, they roughed him up.

New Jersey retaliated because this was hurting their income.

With beating someone up to the point where he is unable to earn for a few hours, if this person was a strong earner for the family, I see no problems with the head of the family reaching out for some sort of compensation.

This can lead to a more interactions between families, which could eventually lead to more frequent issues/troubles/action.

Also, I think this feature can become very useful during war times. Beating a person up so that they cannot travel for a period would add a new twist to wars. Currently, the only way to do that is to mug someone, which requires the person to PP you in the first place. However, having a person hurt someone so that they are unable to travel could add a whole new dynamic.

Report Post Tip

I would be all for this.

It wouldn't be banned in New York, however I would put rules against it, to make it not as ridiculous as someone shooting in retaliation. An eye for an eye I think is a good concept here. If someone (I'm gonna say GBH because it's easier) GBH's you, you can GBH them in return. (Granted you are both below Made)

I agree with Donbot that no Made Man or higher should be GBH'd by anybody else, regardless of rank (other than maybe their CL/GF, as a lesser punishment than death?)

I'm speaking both from my PC point of view and my in game point of view. I'd support this in both instances. I'll probably wack a sponsor on it after a day or two, after some more views have been publicised. As Squishy said, no point anybody putting the hours in if people are going to ban it.

Report Post Tip

I really like this idea.

I also agree (go figure) that this would be a great way for members below Made to settle disputes without needing their CL to step in for them. It seems to be the gap missing between demotions and killings in punishment.

I think that this feature would get great use in punishing members. Demotions aren't really a punishment and killing a member can be too extreme in a lot of cases. Beatings weren't uncommon in the Mafia, if you messed up you got the shit knocked out of you, so I wouldn't mind seeing that come into play here as well.

Report Post Tip

Any suggestion that will allow me to kick some ass is a good suggestion.

Report Post Tip

We've heard a Yes from Two godfathers, So i'm gonna call out the other two to put their views on the table. Godfather Sin, Godfather Revolve, do you two concur with your respected collegues? Is this worth the effort that would be put in by the admins to code this?

Report Post Tip
PC-Warrior has sponsored this suggestion. This suggestion now has a total of 1 sponsors and will need 4 more sponsors in order to be submitted to the player commission forum.
Report Post Tip

Must admit, I also love this sort of idea. I know Squishy said he was reluctant to have this worked on due to the potential for it to be binned immediately, but I figure thats no reason to not show how much support there is for it.

Philli-stein - I understand why you've asked the other two Godfathers for their input, however, current standings are only really part of the potential problem Squishy was talking about. In 6 months we may have a host of new faces in power that want to ban this type of feature, so retrospectively its actually more important we get a broader sense of public support rather than just the current Godfathers.

Report Post Tip

true, but so far, what i've seen here has been overall support, but in a current sense, broad support ain't worth a damn if the current crop of leaders doesn't like it, because it would never be implemented in teh first palce.

Report Post Tip

I think this is one of the beat suggestions to date. I love the fact that it is mafia related in the sense that you wrong someone instead of running off to 'tell' on them, you dish out your own form of retribution. Anything that adds to the realism of the game is a bonus and I think this hits the nail on the head. Like it has been said before it would open up different interactions and war tactics.

So I would be more than happy for this feature to be introduced into the game.

Report Post Tip

So if you guys are putting in a "no mademan+" rule, should made+ be only able to GBH other made+ and low rankers only on low rankers?

Report Post Tip

I think that Made+ should be able to GBH people lower than themselves. Especially with the case of sponsors and associates.

Report Post Tip

I personally feel that anyone CAN BGH anyone, however doing so on someone Made+ would be handled as it would in a real life mob related incident. Do a low level rough up on a newer made man when you're a Don because he PPed you against your wishes? I would personally ignore that.
However, if a not so big time capo with 2nd level BGH on one one of my strongest earning Capo, then I would see that his hospital bills are paid for.
If someone GBHs my non-made members, I have no reason to argue over it, provided it had reasoning.

Now, sure, if someone just randomly GBH a goomba of mine, with no previous communications, I am going to take offense to that. But if my guy is mouthing off, PPing who he shouldn't be, mugging when he shouldn't be, etc., I see no reason for me to get involved.

Report Post Tip

Let me see how this idea develops...

You need to keep in mind of two things though. How this would be useable in war time, if it messes up timers and stuff... And also, this health idea... I don't want a current .org type thing... But if it says "you're fucked up etc" that's fine. :P

I also don't think this should be a feature that allows you to check your gun etc. So... eh. It should be very similar to mugging in that respect. 

Report Post Tip

I never suggested health as in hit points.
The damage would consist of hospital bills and lack of ability to fly, do crimes(earn).

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: You think you're a tough guy, eh?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL