Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Is Something Wrong Here? Started by: SammyGarcini on Feb 05, '13 23:11

There will, no doubt, be many different stances and viewpoints on the current situation we find ourselves in in this this of ours. What's yours?

You may be thinking "What the fuck are you actually talking about, you crazy old bastard!?" And you'd be right in thinking it.

Well, I'm talking about the state of the cities for starters. We have been knocked down to six cities recently, what are your thoughts on this? There have been many complaints about the current leadership not authing people into the empty cities, that has lead to them being removed by the Gods. However, if we look at the current families that are across our cities, many of them are not even close to being full, and do not show signs of getting there at any sort of pace, or any time soon. If there is not the population to occupy the already established families, what population is going to populate another city?

The complaints about being knocked down to six cities, are in my opinion, misdirected. Of course I'm going to say that though, given the position I hold, but think for a second. We started off in this thing with only six cities, right back in the early days, there were only ever six cities. We are just back at that point, it's not like we have been reduced to such an unfamiliar size, and one that has never been seen before. Is it alright to be back down at six cities? Or do we in fact require more space?

There are other ways the cities could be filled. Most recently we saw one filled with the Detroit Experiment. A venture that proved to be most successful, with Revolve taking the position on Godfather, bringing an end to the experiment, and claiming the city for his own. Why not do this again? Well, my personal reasons are that I in fact don't much like the experiments. They put the city at a disadvantage to the rest of them, giving the occupants a wall to climb from the start. I don't like them also, because the leaders of said cities, have not received the same amount of authorisation from there crew leaders, as the other cities crew leaders have.

Don't get me wrong, every so often, they are great to see, and it's refreshing to see someone taking the bull by the horns, so to speak. However, I think too many of these experiments would devalue what it means to be a crew leader overall. Of course, all my opinion, so feel free to add your own.

Onto another subject though, and ironically, it is about what I am doing right now. Speaking here.

Should the crew leaders and Godfathers have a greater street presence than anybody else? It's true after all, we do hold bigger positions in society, and should be leading by example. How are we to expect anybody else to come out to the streets, if we ourselves don't bother with it?

There is the other side to it though. A Godfather will have a lot more on his plate than a regular member, maybe he just doesn't have the time to come out and speak. Should he make time? Maybe. I think that street presence is very important, and I am very disappointed with my own. I am by no means suggesting what other people should do, or that they should be following my lead, that would be arrogant and ridiculous of me.

What do you think about it? Should we be out here more often? Or do you cherish the fact that you can speak between yourselves, without a crew leader or Godfather coming out and maybe speaking over you? All things to think about.

There are of course, a lot of other subjects I could throw in to talk about. Many have been already beaten to death, or maybe it just isn't the right time to address them. These are what I consider are the most important points currently, maybe I'll come out again later in time, to speak about the others. Who knows.

Report Post Tip

Nice speach man. Just wanted to say nice speach. Outstanding.

I'm posting random things because I don't know how this site works yet.

Report Post Tip

Well, I'm talking about the state of the cities for starters. We have been knocked down to six cities recently, what are your thoughts on this? There have been many complaints about the current leadership not authing people into the empty cities, that has lead to them being removed by the Gods. However, if we look at the current families that are across our cities, many of them are not even close to being full, and do not show signs of getting there at any sort of pace, or any time soon. If there is not the population to occupy the already established families, what population is going to populate another city?

Well, one thing i've learned is that when a new leader steps up, it opens the door for friends and family from the old country to come back. Sometimes, people aren't interested in working under the current crop and await the rise of someone they know. So whilst I fully agree with the presumption that with there being no-one to fill the current crews, we don't need anymore, I must admit that I've found that this is often wrong.

The complaints about being knocked down to six cities, are in my opinion, misdirected. Of course I'm going to say that though, given the position I hold, but think for a second. We started off in this thing with only six cities, right back in the early days, there were only ever six cities. We are just back at that point, it's not like we have been reduced to such an unfamiliar size, and one that has never been seen before. Is it alright to be back down at six cities? Or do we in fact require more space?

Back in those old days, City Hall allowed 200 mobsters to live under one roof. The population seemed to be much greater though, too. I'm not sure if both those points even things out so much to negate that the fact we had bigger buildings, but I dare say the fact the buildings were bigger does cloud the comparison between then and now with regard to the space afforded to us with only 6 cities.

There are other ways the cities could be filled. Most recently we saw one filled with the Detroit Experiment. A venture that proved to be most successful, with Revolve taking the position on Godfather, bringing an end to the experiment, and claiming the city for his own. Why not do this again? Well, my personal reasons are that I in fact don't much like the experiments. They put the city at a disadvantage to the rest of them, giving the occupants a wall to climb from the start. I don't like them also, because the leaders of said cities, have not received the same amount of authorisation from there crew leaders, as the other cities crew leaders have.

Some fine points, many i'm sure share that view with regard to the experiment side of things. I've personally always enjoyed them, having had 2 family members participate in the recent ones in Vegas and Detroit has given me a good insight into the inner workings of these experiments and I have to say, it certainly gives the place a new feel to it, one that I gather was reminiscent of the old days we touched on, as you know from back then the life expectancy was often short which meant people valued their time more and strived to do more with that time, being involved in those experiments brings the same feeling. Of course I only know this from reading journals.. but you get a lot of information from these things.

However, I think too many of these experiments would devalue what it means to be a crew leader overall. Of course, all my opinion, so feel free to add your own.

Couldn't agree more. Despite my obvious liking of the experiments, I do feel that such a scenario should only be used on occasion. I still highly value the art of "Authing" a leader. Since were on the subject, I would say that Boston for example could do a lot worse than having a member hand picked by each Godfather sent over to it.

Should the crew leaders and Godfathers have a greater street presence than anybody else? It's true after all, we do hold bigger positions in society, and should be leading by example. How are we to expect anybody else to come out to the streets, if we ourselves don't bother with it?

Greater? Hmm, not really. Stronger? Perhaps. Godfathers are people that have obviously worked hard and risen to the very top, you would expect in that time that they have been out in our fair streets speaking to other mobsters in order to afford them such high regard to keep them alive long enough to reach the top, however, once they are there do we really expect them to be out in the streets all the time? You'll know better than I Sammy, but Godfathers are busy people and coming out to the masses (Which I appreciate you've done today!) isn't something I personally expect to see.

That said; to a lesser extent, Crew Leaders are people that I feel should certainly be striving to be out there among the other mobsters sharing their views and leading by example. These people should always have one eye on replacing their Godfather one day, building a rapport with the masses would go a long way to ensuring any transition is a smooth one.

Tyrion finally shuts up long enough to draw breath

Well, seems I had a lot to say on the matters you raised. Hopefully some share my views, but even more so I hope some don't so that I might see the views of others too. Thank you for taking the time to come out here and bring up these topics Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Neville listened to his Godfather speak, he had read about many of these debates in his ancestors journals however they had rarely been brought by an established and prestigious Godfather such as Mr.Garcini himself. After thinking carefully, Neville decided to voice his opinion

Godfather, you address some very important and poignant points in this speech and i agree, in whole, with the points you make. Firstly, the Removal of cities by the Gods.

My dear people, I do not see how this is a problem, as Godfather Garcini stated, 6 cities is not an unfamiliar number to us and nor do we have a sufficient number of mafioso to sufficiently fill the now removed cities. This world is about unity, family and business. Now if the Mafioso we have in this world, are spread even more vastly then it means that the business is going to suffer for several families. We currently have five, excellent and thriving cities which can actively support and promote the advancement of their members. The income within the cities is good and spreading it further afield means that several current leaders and hands may struggle with the upkeep of what they have to pay for. If they cannot in turn, protect you, no doubt several of your children will come to our streets bitching about how their mothers and fathers were killed.

Secondly, on the subject of experiments, I agree with the Godfather that they can infact be refreshing and exciting to watch and participate in however they often turn into nothing more than a bloodbath and those who can be supported by outside money from foreign shores often win, or manage to cause a copious amount of carnage before they die. Whilst killing is the nature of our business, it does not therefore mean that it should be turned into a spectator sport through a need to provide people with entertainment. If the guidelines are set our correctly they can be very successful and challenging. Sadly, however, this is rarely the case.

Finally, the street presence of City and Family leaders. This is a subject, which my bloodline has always felt strongly about and goes back a long way. I feel that leaders, and their hands should infact have a strong street presence. The streets are here for communication between the cities and as a way to voice your opinion. They are a corner stone upon which our society is built and i feel that perhaps leaders could and should show more of a street presence, thus encouraging their members to do the same. I do, of course, understand that leaders are very busy and important people and it is not always timely, or possible for them to make it to the streets to speak. However a couple of extra posts a week could bring a huge benefit to our world.

After voicing his opinion, Neville took a step back and listened for further replies.

Report Post Tip

Well, one thing i've learned is that when a new leader steps up, it opens the door for friends and family from the old country to come back. Sometimes, people aren't interested in working under the current crop and await the rise of someone they know. So whilst I fully agree with the presumption that with there being no-one to fill the current crews, we don't need anymore, I must admit that I've found that this is often wrong.

One of the complaints I hear regularly is that "The same bloodlines are giving auth over and over."
Yet, here, as well as at a Cafe shop the other day I heard a person claim that "If I was authed, tons of old blood lines would come back."

Well which one is it? Do you want the old lines back, or do you want new and fresh faces. It seems that, no matter which occurs, people are not happy.

Let me be blunt, and flat out call out those complaining.

People want new leaders. People don't want old blood lines leading. Those people themselves want to lead.
People don't want war that involves you dying, but don't want peace that involves other people (the current people at the top) living.

A long long time ago, while I was still in Philly, LV + LA at that time attacked NY. Philly decided to go in and support NY at that point in time. This lead to one of my members complaining that the Godfather of Philly was "going to get his members killed."
Yes, I regularly hear people say things such as "People want action.", in reference to war.

Thing is, no matter what the people at the top do, there will always be a group against those actions. You can never please everyone, as most people have their own interests at heart. And to be fair, I will completely admit that my interests are the top of my concerns.

Report Post Tip

As for my thoughts on this subject, we can’t please everyone nor can we blame anyone who is asking for renewal or new build on every city and every leadership. Yes, we can all see the same bloodlines at the top and in bold suits, we can see many people around that even they are still young they are in a suit, that others feel they can do it also.

But in a long past years we have also seen and tried new people. Some of them succeed, but some of them don’t. We also have seen events, competition, dibs called on many cities to claim and call it their own, many have succeeded, but many just fall.

For every war we see and seek, there is no one to blame for it. Everybody only wants new, for everybody wants to try something they never had done... even their ancestors never have gone that far. We can’t blame people for asking new auths for the reason they may get a shot on it and try their best to be like the others. Some want their names to be written in a book, others wanted to be known as one of the best in one’s aspect. These people devote themselves to be acknowledged by their leaders, these people wanted to show everyone they can do. They are the people who work so hard for the family... to make one family, one city a successful one.

Nevertheless, people urge for something, they always complain, "Why can’t I get to that top? Why can’t I have a chance to lead my own people to glory? I have been doing this... even my ancestors did their best to be in there but never given a chance?" One of their friends will just tell him, It is not your time yet or double what you are doing now the time will come and others will see that you fit in that suit.

We see Rogues, we see Revolutions, we see many things and many deaths because they are to tired of waiting, and then their son will realize the dream is just as vague as a mist across the street in winter days. People don’t ask many but they ask a lot for what they know they can. We see another city and lost two cities and others wanted to take a shot in the new city build. We see many have spoken in this same place about building this new city. Everyone is looking who will be the one to step up in that city. We can’t blame them, they want to know, they want to try.

Report Post Tip

I agree with you Sammy.  The six cities are fine for now until a city is completely filled.

As far as the GF's and CL's coming out and speaking more often, I do believe that they should.  To get insight from the higher ups of our society would be great.  For a new gangster, someone that don't have the right connections to find out new intel about our society, or people that don't get the honor to talk to their CL about open topics, seeing their CL, GF, or Higher officials from other cities speak on certain events or discussions will not only bring more meaning to the streets but it will make that person just feel the need to be more invovled in my opinion.  It will make them feel more connected with the society rather than just logging in doing a few drug runs then signing off. 

Report Post Tip

Asking anyone to come out here and voice their opinion about the current leaders is dangerous. However what Phil_Steak said does not answer the question. It more or less just shifts it to the point being that a solution doesn't need to be made. Saying not everyone is going to be happy is obvious. So thank you for pointing out we already know.

What we don't know is who is loyal to who? How loyal are they? We've seen countless times two cities pair up and back each other no matter what. We've also seen everyone stab each other in the back in some way according to certain people. Whether that be evidence from "logs" whatever that means.

They say the victors write history so we are forced to believe those that are in power and make the decisions are perfectly in the clear. However no one is that naive I believe. Maybe the obvious allies are what has driven the game to the point where many have left or simply their bloodlines don't care.

In fairness this world has never been less loyal than before. We see countless times anymore captains in cities flip on their godfather. People jump crews in wars. Where is the loyalty? One mafioso even said something along the lines of "well if my godfather is putting us at risk I rather cut a deal". This person is currently a leader. I'm sorry last time I checked your godfather was the one that gave you or the family your apart of everything to get where you are? Until you leave their city with their graces you have absolutely no reason to flip on them except self preservation.

So maybe the fact of the matter is as bloodlines and time have gone on the cliques of bloodlines as time goes is getting worse. Or perhaps it's the simple fact that you literally can't trust anyone.

Since we're talking about not pleasing everyone. We're throwing out leadership questions and so on. Then by participating I would make it a safe bet that you're willing to put yourself at risk of a hypothetical situation.

So Phil_Steak say a member of Philly Made Man and up caused enough of a stir serious enough to bring war from a city they offend would you take their back instantly? Fully knowing it was their member that brought the war?

SammyGarcini the same question can be asked to you. For that matter it could be asked to any city leader. As you all have built allies to some extent. Which anyone that has bloodlines which have been around here would know that its factual evidence you have to have friends somewhere and to some degree.

Hopefully this didn't come off disrespectful as questions were asked in which there is no answer. It's really only hypothetical. My true experience would be we need old school leaders back to bring back real values. You wanna flip? You get shot. Any dis loyalty is a black mark. Not just "oh I understand is father or grandfather etc." didn't want to die for something they didn't do."

My bloodline has been around here long enough to say this whole heartidly. There's maybe a dozen bloodlines I trust. Whether they are in a position of power or not I will not say. However I will say that whether they were or weren't I wouldn't flip on my leaders now. I never have and that's something few can say today. It use to mean something to die with honor. Not anymore.

Report Post Tip

In regard to us having "only" six cities (well, five in practical terms, considering Boston is temporary) - I think this is entirely suitable with the current population of our world. I'll admit that my bloodline was predominantly around when we only ever had six cities, so maybe that biases me somewhat. Having said that, at that point in time, most of the six cities had more than one crew with full (or nearly full) HQ's of 200 members. We now have a HQ limit of 50 members (or 55 in some cases) and the majority of crews are not genuinely full, even though we are only populating five cities. So I don't think having six cities is constricting the population in any way.

I do think there are other benefits to having a variety of leaders and cities to choose from, but I believe there is ample variety currently - enough to not stifle the enjoyment or quantity of the populace. I'm also aware that our world will soon be changing with the construction of districts to further divide the cities (creating even greater variety perhaps?). I'd rather see what effect that has before I worry too much more about the number of under-populated cities being recently reduced.

In terms of whether leaders and Godfathers should be more active in the Streets to lead by example and even demonstrate that they are worthy of being leaders - I believe that these outcomes should actually be demonstrated through a leader's interaction with their crew members, their city as a whole, and their neighbouring city occupants, without restriction.

What I mean by "without restriction" is that there is nothing that makes me feel these things can or should be predominantly done on the Streets. Crew chat, coffee shops, HQ bars, business district venues, private conversations and so forth provide ample avenues to building rapport, managing, leading, strengthening your crew and city, as well as getting to know and enabling/helping the populace more generally.

I think a leader should always be abreast of what is happening on the Streets. I just don't think they necessarily always need to add their opinion, simply because they're a leader. Weighing in on pivotal subjects? Sure, it would be more reasonable to expect that. But just generally being more active in the Streets or expecting them to regularly initiate profound discussions is stretching the definition of what is reasonable and beneficial, as well as placing an inordinate emphasis on this single avenue of communication.

I'm not going to waffle on anymore than that, as I think that suitably covers my opinion on these two topics. I think they're both salient and recurring issues though, which warranted a response!

Report Post Tip

There have been some very good points made here, and I thank each and everyone of you for coming out here and speaking up. It is appreciated greatly.

I agree with a lot of what you said Tyrion, the only thing I would probably say I didn't agree with, is regarding more auths. Whereas your argument is completely valid and makes a lot of sense, I don't see this currently being the case. As other people said, there is a good variety currently, any bloodline that has left our world for good, doesn't want this place to progress, in my opinion.

Thank you for your input Neville, it's nice to know it's not just my crazy old mind thinking these things!

Phil Steak, it's a great point you made. There is no possible way to ensure everybody is happy, there will always be someone sitting, waiting to jump down your throat about the next decision you make, it's inevitable.

Berserk, where I see where you are coming from, I don't quite agree. One of the first family members of mine that came to these shores, was named Jay-C. He was very young, inexperience, didn't have a clue what he was doing, and went straight to his leader, Oliver_McTavish, and asked him if he was ever going to get a family. His leader told him that if he asked again, he would be shot dead. I will never forget reading this, as it had been circled multiple times, underlined, and highlighted in every way. Jay-C took the warning, and despite being knocked back, worked his little socks off to give his leader all he could. He was given Sub Crew Leader, temporary LHM, and then temporary RHM. He was then given the opportunity to lead his own family. I adopt this same philosophy with New York. If you show how hard you can work, and what you can do, you will get the chances you deserve. I didn't get to this position coasting by on my ancestors history, as full or lacking people may think it is.

Abscession, I do agree with you about loyalty. There is nothing more important to me than having the city I'm in be a loyal city. I know I have done this with New York, there isn't a doubt in my mind about that. Every single one of the people that are in positions here, are people I trust with my life, and they trust me with theirs. To your question; Philly is not New York, they make their own decisions, reactions, whatever. However, that being said, if they were attacked for any reason, I would be offering my help to them. I didn't have to even ask them for their help when New York was attacked (the situation that Phil mentioned) by old LA and LV. We didn't have a Godfather, we were looking down in the dumps, and they still put their lived on the line to help preserve the city. I can't see myself forgetting about this, or not offering my help to them should they need it.

Finally, Vaticus. Again, I agree with a lot of your points. Godfathers and Crew Leaders should most definitely be more conversational with their own city and crew members than those out on the streets. However, speaking to your own city only goes so far. A street presence, in my opinion, in definitely needed, in some form or another. You have to lead by example. If you aren't out here, why should anyone else be? If nobody else is, the streets die. It starts at the top, not the bottom.

Report Post Tip

I would like to say even if my rank really doesnt give me that much of a voice. But yeah I want to say that I dont think its really all that important for a godfather to be so much active in the streets as too more what they are saying. I have to say that I would take quality over quantity any day. I would also like to say I do not mean to accuse any leader or godfather of being bad at what they are doing. Just speaking what I feel I would rather have. There is only so much a godfather can do really anyway. I dont expect them to voice a thought on every random speech thrown into the wind. It would be nice to see maybe a bit more activity from the other leaders though. Godfathers kind of earned a right to sit back and run the family. Leaders on the other hand are still making themselves known. Honestly I feel some leaders are complete unknowns to most people as they have not really seen any interactions with said people. Heck I am pretty sure there are even crews with families that have never even spoken to their own leader let alone another cities family head. If anything the world could do with a few more active speakers in a role of leadership more than just the godfathers. Again take what you hear from me with some good salt cause thats just a lowly bottom rung mobster talking. 

Report Post Tip

SammyGarcini I will at least say you're honest. My question was specifically if an ally of yours were the reason the war started. Example being one of their members didn't something worth of being warred over. You've stated you would jump in to help them.

So it's clear that all though there are different cities that there is no difference. One of your members does something that Philly for instance doesn't agree with. Chances are you'll deal with the member even if he's not in the wrong. Which I'm not questioning anyones leadership. I'm questioning their allegiance is too far with cities that aren't their own.

I say we open up Boston. Anyone with any bodyguard amount or rank made man and up can go. Good leaders will understand and setup a system to work together. This would allow anyone to be involved in the city and deal with it as the userbase sees fit.

Only rules. Boston cannot war any city and no city can war them. If Boston attempts to kill a city then the whole game wipes them out. If a city tries to remove leadership in Boston that city accepts everyone wars them.

Which if you take that then it means for instance. A leader in Boston shoots at another city for any reason Boston goes under. (Unless it's a clear attempt at them to just "rogue" per say). As long as they keep their business in Boston it's strictly fair game.

Whether there is allegiance inside the city or not is up to them. But no outside help. Say NY wars DT. Or PHI wars NO. Or CHI wars NY. Boston cannot help. They are an off limits city. They are purely there to prove that the city can be built by those saying there needs to be other leaders.

At most five crews go in. No selection. First five on the list go. One of them dies next up gets a shot. No level playing fields, no limits.

Report Post Tip

As I said before, I don't like the experiments. Especially not as often as you are proposing. Being honest, I would say no to any proposal of an experiment so soon after Detroit's experiment finishing.

As far as one of my members doing something Philly doesn't agree with. My member is MY member, it is not Philly's members, Philly is not my member. Whether they don't agree with it or not, doesn't matter as much as if I think he's in the wrong. Of course, I want to keep city relations very healthy, who wouldn't? If nobody had any relations with other cities, everybody would be warring everyday. We are reasonable people, us current Godfathers. We talk things out and we come to agreements that work out for EVERYBODY involved. It's not too difficult really, it's served us fantastically so far.

Report Post Tip

I'm not saying that people have to war. Or relations are bad by any means. You know my bloodline and you know it's always cared about the well being of the world before anything else. It's never been exactly one hell bent on wars. However it has never worried them about warring.

I'm simply stating that if it's a big enough deal to make a speech to us here in the streets about it then it obviously bothers at least two godfathers. Yourself Sammy as well as Phil_Steak. You both wish to voice your opinion meaning you expect responses and hopefully results.

How many Don crew leaders do we have that have 35+ members in the game? How many of them would like a city of their own? I understand people get comfortable where they're at. My bloodline goes back to leaders that never wanted to take the helm in situations or leave yet they did. It's the circle of life. By allowing an auth to take the city or multiples setup in an experiment it sets up the ability to have more variety. They can then auth more leaders. Less people will complain about the current state of our world.

Leaving a city empty makes less money than putting someone there and giving them the chance to take life by the balls. Yes whatever city sends an auth of theirs will lose out. However they can then setup another leader. The world will prosper whether it be old bloodlines returning or new ones out there.

My father, grandfather and great grandfather at some point hustled the streets. Getting every new mafioso thug to join their criminal outfit. They worked with them tirelessly and filled countless headquarters with the help of others. I think Boston needs a leader whether it's broken down into district regimes or not.

Report Post Tip

Regarding the six cities subject I personally don't see any issue with six active and lively cities. I don't see removing the two cities stopping those who newly join a city wanting a chance to one day setup their own family. Good things happen to those who work hard. Our past shows we've once had only six cities and did fine having each city fill up. I think, at the time, opening the other two cities was needed due to such a high population worldwide. I trust the gods will one day open up cities when the time comes or they feel it is needed for the situation.

"Should the crew leaders and Godfathers have a greater street presence than anybody else? It's true after all, we do hold bigger positions in society, and should be leading by example. How are we to expect anybody else to come out to the streets, if we ourselves don't bother with it?"

This is a pretty debatable topic, not everyone joins this life of ours to become a public speaker. When acquiring a family you do hold somewhat of an obligation to attend to these streets on whatever terms or reasons it may be. Do I feel crew leaders should have a greater street presence than others? I don't, but I'm not going to say that with running your own family it isn't needed at all. I do feel those who've earned the right to run their own family have hopefully shown enough hard work to get the opportunity to build up their family and city while encouraging others and teaching them in the HQ's to have a street presence. I've always thought of non crew leaders or hands to have more of a street presence, to show their hard work, loyalty, and work up in the ranks. I remember once reading from a journal, a time when leaders required their members to have a speech or two of their own in these streets before recieving their made man button. I'm not here to judge how people promote their own or run their families, but I feel that time has come and gone and now people are looking to the leaders for stories or news, something to say. I feel if things ever did take a turn and go back to the old days it might solve some issues people are having with the streets being bare.

I will admit I haven't been as vocal in these streets, and plan to work on it. But I also feel no matter how much one visits our beloved streets there will be those who still aren't satisfied or want more. With that I've also learned you can't please everyone.

Shrugs and finds himself a step to sit on while listening to others.

Report Post Tip

Listing to people and their topics , learning about the history of the game. This became very interesting to read

Srugs and find herself having a couple of shots. And  awaits for interesting other point of view .

Report Post Tip

I thought for a few moments after having listened to the varied commentary and I couldn't help but to notice one underlying theme in all of this...

Mr. Garcini, there IS in fact, something very wrong here... I have waited so long; longer than I'd care to admit for the obvious reality to make itself understood by La Cosa Nostra at large, but alas, the answer to so many of your questions allude so many...

We are lacking something that manifests itself in many ways, but nevertheless, it is one simple problem..

We lack substance my friends.  It pains me to say it aloud and I do not wish to undermine the designs of others to protect their families and friends, but perhaps even a little of that is missing as well.  But what ever does Ballistic mean by that, you wonder?  Allow me to elaborate...

You see, a long long time ago, becoming a Made Man was quite the accomplishment in the life of a mobster, but more so were the actions by that made individual for his family in the days following.  I see so many Made Men in this thing of ours; hard workers and great earners, but so rarely do I see the same bonds and strength in the relationships between these great men as I once did.  And while so many men speak of the old ways, and fewer recall them in their complex entirety, I believe there is a piece of this puzzle we are not understanding yet as a community; both old bloodlines and new... So allow me to specify..

We speak of cities and titles as conquests and accomplishments, but I dare ask - what has been accomplished?  What is it to survive and thrive without truly living?  What is left when we remove the very essence of family and loyalty and oaths when we substitute them with casualness and complacency and stagnation?  

Men come and go as the please, to earn, to kill, to rank... Yet we wave banners of BOLD authority as if those who are entitled to leadership, always find it.  More specifically, Mafiosos who are given their own crews more often than not, do little more than establish a crew and HQ... But not a family.  So what is the difference?  My friends, if you do not know this, you have not truly lived...

So really, I do not ask like so many others, what is to be done with Boston or any other city.. Instead, I ask what is to be done in the very heart, mind, and soul of the individual mobster to bring life back to him or her... To bring back the very essence of vivacious servitude to family and dear friends... To have the same characters we once roamed with in these streets so long ago...

We speak of progress as if we know it.... My dear friends, how we define progress is the only thing that has truly changed who we are...

I ask you once more... Is it opportunity to wave new banners, or take over new cities, or even add new cities that escapes us?  Or is it the simple reality we have lost our very culture; our way of life.. And substituted it with simple, casual, and complacent ranking, dueling, and roaming.. 

What a tragedy it must be to roam and not to strive, not to seek, and not to find... Family.

Report Post Tip

You've touched on a very good point there, Ballistic. Things can certainly be as you've described, however, there are still many familys around that do in fact display the attributes you speak of, there are many leaders around who do strive to build an actual family, not just the bricks and mortar for the HQ, the blood and sweat of each member as they grow together and their bond with their fellow members is evident still today in many areas.

I've witnessed this in my own family currently, and I've heard previous relatives speak of it in theirs too. Quite simply I think it again comes down to more than just the leaders themselves and what they aim to accomplish when pulling on that bold suit, its integral that we mafioso also have the desire to be a part of something so strong. Without our own hunger and desire to be a part of such a life like that, we will never notice that it does exist.

Report Post Tip

I do believe it would be highly ignorant and a gross miss calculation on my part to assume this lack of strong family bonds is evident in every family.  However, I fear that one day many old bloodlines will dry up from the disdain of monotony and repetition having never realized their true potential or having been limited by the socially accepted norms that dictate the stagnation I so readily described previously...

With this understanding, I also believe that perhaps it would benefit all if I threw in a crazy idea for the city of Boston for an experiment... A real social experiment at that...

What if.. And it's a hell of a big if... 

Boston became an open city for crews to be set up without any approval, reprimand, or consequence for doing so.  (Yes, we've heard that one before Ballistic, but please go on)... But we add a few interesting caveats... For one, there is no limit as to how many crews can be set up.  Second, there is to be no interference from any city unless otherwise provoked or attacked or threatened by a crew in the city.  Third, conflict within Boston is to remain there and no citizen of Boston may engage in conflict anywhere but within the city limits, even in the form of a duel.   Fourth, it is to be understood that individual mobsters residing in Boston may travel among the other cities so long as they follow the rules of every city otherwise incurring the wrath of all cities.  Fifth, anyone achieving the rank of godfather of Boston will still be held to the same guidelines regardless of title or rank as he or she will not be among the other five Godfathers of the commission and will forfeit the privelages and safety of outside interferences.  Sixth, Mafiosos residing in any other city other than Boston may enter Boston at any time (unless mandated by their leadership otherwise) and doing so only for peaceful purposes.  Seventh, there are to be no current Mafiosos in families in the five cities to buy out and partake in the new experiment in Boston - only new and young Mafiosos may do so.  And last but not least, no crew, family, or individual may finance or otherwise aid through monies borrowed, loaned, or gifted any Boston citizen, crew, and family.  It is important that there be no unfair advantages for these young men (it is understood enforcing this rule will be extremely challenging)... 

I know, it's crazy right?  Create the crazy conditions for new Mafiosos to start up in a fresh city without outside interference and see what flowers may bloom?  My money is on the dogs who value family :)

Report Post Tip

Ladies and gentlemen, do not paint all these crews with the same brush. Just because some crews auto promote their people, doesnt mean that all crews follow suit. I can stand here on this corner and assure you that auto promotion doesnt occur within my family. You can ask anyone who has made their bones within my crew, nothing is just given to them. Hard work, dedication, and a true sense of family bonding is all required.

As to the other issues, I have no answers. Its like kicking the proverbial dead horse as far as I'm concerned.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is Something Wrong Here?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL