Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:32:14
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Your Hitsquad Dream Team Started by: Satanta on Mar 31, '13 17:45

We all love a little bit of discussion, especially when it gets a little heated or about something as passionate to us all as hitting.

With that in mind, combined with a bit of poking from others who wanted to see this but are far too lazy to do it themselves *Satanta mutters "You know who you are!*, I'd like to raise a very questionable and debatable topic for our discussion. It's not 'questionable' in terms of sensitivity, ethics or morals, but it is a hugely subjective issue with no right or wrong answers.

So, what I'm asking today, who is your "Dream Team"?

Personally, I'd view this as something that can be broken into two main areas. Your dream upper structure and your dream hit squad. As the upper structure is far more about personal relationships and individual trust, it's probably best if we focus on dream hit squads for today (though, if you wish to, throw out any other suggestions you like - I always found Depthy to be the best hitlist watcher in the land). With so many bloodlines to choose from and so many relationships at play, these lists would get pretty long at times, so perhaps if we go with a top ten for the sake of brevity it might keep things a little more interesting and less just a long long list of names.

So, make your calls. It doesn't matter if you place trust above shot volume or personality over experience, your call is right for you and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Spending days on end in a hitsquad room can be challenging at times, so if you value a light hearted entertainer to help whittle away the down times that's just as valuable, to you, as a machine who can nail a shot like a metronome. Did you value Flying Pigs hard ass approach as a war general or did you prefer Mikados patronising pats on ze head as he watched the war causalities roll in? Did you enjoy watching ant ping his never ending bullets across the room or did the cool calculated approach of someone like Hoopi (Caligula) get your attention?

The question is posed, what's your answer?

Report Post Tip

well i appreciate you bringing thistopic forth....i personally..have dreams of a high standard of living upon this lifestyle we all occupy...yet at this time in my life my dreams arent set so high that i cannot reach.....i look to be a hand one day soon but not a CL..im best relationships i would like to believe...im a communicator and love serving ones family/city as best im capable...

Report Post Tip

If I had to pick a dream Hitsquad from the archives, I would choose to bring back Sayyid, Tita, FlyingPig & Rianne.

While I don't know if the 4 have every worked together before, but individually I know they have each demonstrated a huge amount of patience and dedication when it came to their craft. While they may not be necessarily known as the most bad ass hitters in history, but if I wanted someone to refresh in 4 cities for when an enemy crewleader will suddenly land there - I would choose these four hands down.

Report Post Tip

Sayyid and tita would be up there for me too.

I think my top 4 in no particular order would be tita, Sayyid, Luca and crab.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure those four bloodlines have worked together in the past, during the time of ForkRourke's domination of New Rourke (there may have been a ThomasRourke guy involved there somewhere too). If memory serves, didn't do a half bad job either.

A little surprised we're seeing so much agreement so far, but for those that know the bloodlines mentioned it's probably of no surprise.

On my own dream team... (not necessarily in any particular order)

1. Sayyid - Always would be the first name on the list. The guy is a machine, yet brings a level of intelligence to the art that is seldom seen. Liked by some, loved by a few, hated by many, nobody ever questioned his skill at the job.
2. Mikado - Personal friendships aside, this bloodline is simply one of the hardest working I've seen in my time when it comes to running a HS (or a family for that matter). An inspiration to many a hitter and has single handedly swung the direction of many a war be it through strategy or his own weapon (his abilities to manipulate IRC avenue to do his bidding was astounding at times too).
3. tita - The obvious ability to rack up the shots aside, again it's the work rate that always astounded. The first to be willing to put her life on the line or to miss the glory in order to organise family pro'ers, knew what was needed to win a war and knew how to get it done.
4. crab - In the years I've known the crafty crustacean, I don't ever remember him ever causing a problem for a family his bloodline has served. Always a pleasure to work with, or even against, the bloodline is a dedicated example of how to serve with honour.
5. Shocker - This one will come as a surprise, to shocker more than anyone else. A bloodline I've never had the pleasure of knowing as well as I would have liked, but it's one that does the right things in the right way. What more can you ever ask of a true hitter.
6. Flying Pig - Never been close to good ol' FP on a personal level, but always admired his skills and obvious talents. The man knew how to command and did so with great success over the years.
7. Hoopi - Never had the bloodlust that most hitters are famed for, but when it came to the art he had unquestionable talents and a strategic mind that put most to shame.
8. Curtis - Always had a hot head, but an even hotter gun! Again, trying to put aside the trust that years of interaction that had bonded our bloodlines, there's no doubting his ability for leadership or for fighting his way to the top. Determination that if it could be bottled would be priceless.
9. JTG - A bloodline that has been grinding out shoots for longer than most have been living. Experience isn't enough alone, but when it comes along with the total package it's a nice extra to have.
10. ant - The guy just lived for 'Success!'. No questions about his drive, it was always for the shot. Sometimes that's a huge negative and a risk, but with ant it was amazing to watch him push harder and harder.

The above is just touching the surface. The idea of the likes of manny, luca, lovey, belle, clause, grin, scarin, mckidds, authed, illfated, Prem, BBT, Caius, tiggy, rianne, jono and so many many more not getting mentioned means that it's the type of list that could change day to day or even minute to minute.

Report Post Tip

Hitting's an art, hence there are so many diff kinds of hitters about. Ive played at diff times, so can't say Ive worked with everyone being mentioned. But Ive certainly played in the same era as them. So I might miss some deserving names. And if your on one list, i didn't double mention players.

So here's my best swing as far as memory allows me.

Top 10 notch makers. These guys are know machines, when they are at their best. Its hard to compete with them. These guys will probably be the spearheads of your HS. Odin, Authed, Tita, Jynx, Nine, Shocker, Lovehand, Sayyid, luca, ant.

And of course the Hit room is more than just names and numbers. So you gotta have your wise old men/women.
El_Nino, Sprozza, Clause, Hoopi, Kendrizzle, Belle, Edward, Grin, FP, Mikado, JTG, Scarin, Silk, space-pole, mal, illfated, Flash, Billy...and this list can go on and on. But for the most part when shit hits the fan, if one these guys are in your HR your probably looking at them for ans.

And last but not least...you gotta have your jokers. Rourke, Pratster, Lauren, Asylum and Ive already tossed a couple of these names in the above lists already.

Hit rooms are thought of as this congregation of vampires...when its more a collection of characters. Fun times, with some funny ppl.

Report Post Tip

There is an extensive list of good gun builders. But man if I could assemble my dream hit squad based on who I've fought with mostly but also those that have been well organized in other wars. In no particular order.

It almost goes without saying at this point, Sayyid. The man I give my credit to for teaching me my craft. Always organized and math done to where the "iffy" shots are kept to a minimum.

Tita, The Brazilian war horse. It doesn't matter if its the war room or the proers room she gets the lists knows your shot times to keep the ball rolling.

Mikado, I never had the pleasure of working close with him in a war situation but when my bloodline started making a name for itself on these shores Mikky, like Sayyid, were the footsteps to be followed.

Authed, this man never engaged us in a war he wasn't 99% certain we would come out as unscathed as possible. A man that can keep his cool under pressure.

Crab, the silent hitter. This guy can rack up the kills yet the opposing side forgets about him. Always a good asset to have on your team.

I could go on forever about people but I don't want to give away everyone's secrets ;). Though some other notable names that come to mind that are always a benefit, Flash, Manny, Tiggy, Draven, Jono, Clause, Illfated, Tanda, Rianne, Luca, Lovehand, Satanta, Scarin, Pratster, JTG, Elnino, Belle, Kendra, Mal, Wicked, Fatality, Jynx, Odin.

All these people whether I worked with them directly or merely heard their accolades being praised helped guide me and my bloodline on to some of the lists here today. And for that I thank you all. It's truly humbling and I am honored.

Report Post Tip

Interesting to read, very interesting indeed.

Report Post Tip

In the decade that my bloodline has been involved in this world we have had the luck to work with some of the best.. It's hard to come up with a dream team when you've seen and had the priviledge to work with some of history's most talented hitters..

I will miss some names I am sure it's been almost 10 years for fuck sake, but here we go....

TheD, Badchoice, HOG, grimmet, TeQalicious, BrianArao, Mikado, Mikus, Satanta, FlyingPig, tita, Manny, Shocker, JTG, Sayyid, crab, Flash, birday (For the comic relief of course), Jono, Eric, Jerusalem (He could shoot more than his mouth off believe it or not.), Scotland, and IronCurtain. Yep, I dug way back through the years for some of those names.

There are many more that were fun and good according to the journals I've read, but that would be my epic dream team.

Report Post Tip

I can't fucking believe I left out Jaqen's bloodline! Manny Manny Manny! my top 4 just got made into a top 5! :p

Report Post Tip

I missed Evsie and Deano and a few others. Doesn't mean I don't respect their abilities. As conversations regarding the topic take place in different locales names are popping up that I am kicking myself for too Countdown.

Report Post Tip

Even just debating the names you do think of is tough, when new ones start popping up it becomes near impossible.

As I said, this isn't a case of "these are the best ever", it's just a "these are who I'd like by my side" and comes down to far more than just kill volume. A few of the newer bloodlines have suggested to me that their input or views on this aren't suitable as they haven't worked with many of the 'legends', so I'd happily suggest they forget about huge reputations and happily post who they do believe were good (and will more than likely become the legends of the future).

Report Post Tip

This is an excellent topic to debate, i've worked with a few of the greats that have been forementioned and i've worked with many who i remember not necessarily for their volume or big kills, but for their dedication to the team. My dream team would have to consist of:

Luca, DS, Jono, Shocker, Odin, Tanda, Raptor, Shifty, Pixxie, Il_sic, Sayyid, Space-Pole, FCUK, crab, curtis, Jynx, Rw318, Prat, Rianne and so, so many more. These are but a few i'd love to have in my dream team, some for their massive guns, some for the strategic brain they possess and some simply for their unnerving ability to keep the whole thing ticking over whilst everythings going batshit crazy!

Report Post Tip

well i would venture to say if i had to pick 3 ppl they would be the 3 musketeers. clearly they kno how to hit ppl if they sunk 3 cities by themselves during the V-Day massacre ( atleast thats what i was told). in addition to that i would raise Vegeta, and Vaticus back from the dead.

Report Post Tip

Always an honor to share a war room with the Family Trees of Grin, tita, Eve, Rianne, and FlyingPig

Report Post Tip

100 ME's with the best guns ingame

Report Post Tip

I would like 100 PaulzyBoi's please.

Report Post Tip

Don't we all

Report Post Tip

As I'm the only person who mentioned you, I would assume not.

Report Post Tip

To be honest my Dream Team would contain names that most of you would never have encountered. People who could be trusted to be prepare for takedowns weeks in advance and not a whisper was ever spoken out of school.

I was never a fan of the Hit Leader who always asked his squads to shoot first, therefore weakening the 'big target'. The removal of high rankers prior to a leader being shot is always a risky strategy. You expose all your 'valued' hitters to exposure if you the main man fail to make the big shot.

Personally I believe it says alot about a leader if I look at that Obit column and see that he put his men in danger before himself. If you are a big enough boy to mount a takedown then take the first shot.

As I read somewhere about someone saying once...

'Shoot the second I shout Success! Dat Bum....'

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your Hitsquad Dream Team
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL