Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:53
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Suburbs Expansion Started by: Cpt-Harris on Apr 07, '13 21:55

"Sir, Deadpool and ClaryFray have just arrived. They're waiting next door along with Soprano."

"Alright, let's go."

Cpt-Harris gets up from his desk leaving a ton of paperwork behind and exited his office with Jace_Herondale. They headed down the dim light corridor until they came to the doorway to the smoking lounge. Jace opened the door and both she and Harris entered.

"Afternoon, Godfather" Deadpool and Clary muttered.

"Please, sit down."

Harris takes out a cigar from his top jacket pocket, lights up and begins to puff.

"So, I've arranged to meet you all here today because there is something I would like to announce and you people should be the first to know. At the moment we have two outstanding captains here in the Suburbs, both of which I'm glad to see have settled into their new roles very well with business being extremely healthy, and I think now is the perfect time for us to expand even further and fulfil our potential.

Harris turns and looks at Soprano.

"For the last few days the four of us have been giving some serious consideration as to whom we think is ready for this opportunity and we've come to a conclusion. We've decided that you are the right man for the job and would like to see you set up your own organization here alongside us. What do you say?"

Report Post Tip

Soprano sits in the corner like he always does not trying to get into the spotlights. Sitting next to Clary and on the other side of him Deadpool.
It seems a bit odd this meeting. What should he and the others expect from it? While he is squeezing his hands he noticed that there is a strange smell in the room. Does our beloved Godfather ever get out of the room or is the smell of an old corpse?

Well Cpt-Harris spoke frank and direct like he always does. Soprano couldn’t believe what he just heard.. the right man in the right position? Is he talking about me? Soprano looks over to Clary with a look trying to tell her if she wants to squeeze him.. and that he is not dreaming..

Soprano scraped his throat and stands up to  react on what Cpt-Harris just said with the words:

Si! It would be my honor to expand the district in numbers and make it stronger and wealthier for all of Chicago.

With the support of all those who are in this room I’m willing to put all at stake for the city and my family.

Soprano sits back between Clary and Deadpool watching how Cpt-Harris takes another puff from his burning cigar which he holds with his yellow hands due to his smoking habit.
Jace has not moved and keeps looking at him like a statue.

Report Post Tip

"Excellent, I guess you shall be needing these then."

Harris reaches for his inside pocket and pulls out a set of keys before handing them over to Soprano.

"Congratulations my friend, you've worked hard for Chicago since arriving here and I've see you grow from strength to strength. I can't wait to see you blossom under my leadership. Jace will show you to your HQ."

Both Harris and Soprano stand up, extend arms and shake each others hand. Harris then nods at Deadpool in recognition for him to rise.

"Whilst we're all here I would also like to take this opportunity that to announce that Deadpool will be stepping up as Underboss of the Suburbs. With us growing in numbers by the day I am in need of someone to help oversee things and I can't think of anybody better and more deserving. He is a man with a wealth of experience and I know will do an awesome job in this role."

"Well this has turned out to be quite a day for Suburbs and Chicago. Congratulations to the both of you!"

Report Post Tip

Looking at his friend Soprano as he just received "the nod" from Godfather Harris. Deadpool could tell this had come as a surprise to him. The look on his face said it all.

Stepping to the center of the room he cleared his throat and addressed the room, focusing on Soprano.

"First off, I wold like to say congratulations to you Soprano. I could tell when you first come to this fine city, you were not the average mobster. You're hard work and dedication, combined with all the hopes and ambitions you had, were good to finally see. I cannot think of a single person, who is more deserving of this than you. Salute!"

Deadpool lights a cigarette. He then turns his attention to the big man himself. Walking over and shaking his hand, he begins.

"Godfather Harris, you and I have worked together for a long time now. I must say it has always been a pleasure. It is an honour to accept the title of Suburbs Underboss and serve under you as such. I look forward to working with you to make our district and our city as strong and as prosperous as possible."

Report Post Tip

This is not a slant on the person being authed or the reasons for doing this but...

Jeez guys, that was a bit of a shambles. Here I am walking down Philadelphia's fair streets after a nice cheesesteak and some rum when I happen to come across a young kid telling anyone who will listen about the latest gangster from Chicago to go bold.

Panic overcame me, I saw the name in bright lights but there was no word... I have no access to coffeeshops, my boss wasn't within earshot for me to ask what was going on and nothing had been mentioned in the streets, it was also SEVERAL minutes before the forts for Soprano had been constructed or any other members joined his family.

So the first thought that came into my head was "Rogue".

Has the position of family head been reduced in importance so much that new family heads aren't announced BEFORE they go bold?

One of us 2 just nearly died because of a lack of urgency on Cpt-Harris' part (something I would NEVER have come to expect). Luckily for the both of us Soprano wasn't in our fair city (no, i didnt try to shoot, just got a friend on vision to check locals). Not particularly pleased.

Nonetheless congratulations Soprano on your new position. Our bloodlines have crossed paths before if you're anything like your ancestors you'll work as hard as possible to see that you succeed.

The very best of luck to you Sir.

Report Post Tip

I'm sorry to inerject here, but Countdown, I must say that the announcement was indeed made to all crew leaders prior to Soprano's setting up.

Report Post Tip

Like I already stated Lilac, my boss wasn't in earshot (not online), so how was *I* supposed to know?

Report Post Tip

That may well be the case, sir, but the announcement was made in a timely fashion so I see no lack of urgency on Godfather Harris' part, in all fairness.

In the process of a new auth, it is difficult to take the time to ensure that all cities' members are individually aware of these things; this is why the information is usually filtered down from crew leaders. I'm afraid it is no slight on this event in Chicago that Godfather DeadlySin, nor presumably a suitable alternative, was not within earshot in order to pass on the information.

Report Post Tip

You see no lack of urgency for someone in my position to at least know about a new auth?

I am an IWP Don with more than enough notches on my gun to at least contemplate taking down an IWP rogue. You don't think people like me should know? Is it only the bolds that should know? Are they the only ones who are capable of shooting that high?

You're very naive if you think ANYONE who is in a similar sort of position to me shouldnt at least be able to read a street poster on a new auth.

Something I've learned from my ancestors about this world is... MISTAKES HAPPEN.

So why risk it?

Report Post Tip

I'd imagine it is quite simple to ensure all cities members are aware. A quick notice throw out on the streets. It has worked for numerous years up until now and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't continue to work in this day and age.

Rogue's are dangerous. They only need a moment to take a life. Having to go digging for information on whether someone is authorised to set up when the person authorising is active and could visit the streets isn't a good solution. It puts lives at risk, potentially even Countdowns had he acted hastily here. There's a reason why an authorisation speech is given, is required and should always be in place before a person sets up a new home. It's to protect people from mistakes, like this one.

Report Post Tip

And as for DeadlySin not informing me... you think a crewleader has never forgotten to pass on a message or just got districted by that other life they have so they didn't pass it on?

It's not on OTHER crewleaders to inform people, it's on the auth or whoever is authing them. If I had been a more hasty type and shot at Soprano... one of us would have died when it could SO EASILY be avoided.

Report Post Tip

What I will say is that this conversation is best taken from Soprano's auth thread, which is supposed to be celebratory, Countdown.

I do agree that yes, you deserve to know, but personally if I see a Don going bold I tend not to immediately assume possible rogue and then come to the streets to protest on said person's auth thread.

Report Post Tip

You don't think that way because your bloodline is new Lilac, had your blood lived in other times it would have most definitely crossed your mind.

Is that your way of saying hush up Lilac? Where else am I supposed to gauge the opinion of others on my thoughts ? Should I be mailing people individually? Or should I do what 90% of the population do and take it to the coffeeshops?

Report Post Tip

There is a slight sense of irony is defending an authorisation speech vigorously while also saying it wasn't required to begin with and that the people that needed to know were informed separately. If however it's that Countdown is interrupting a celebration with facts relevant to this thing of ours that could lead to lives being lost or saved, I'd imagine that the lives would take precedence over the celebration and be welcomed by those concerned.

Report Post Tip

Is that your way of saying hush up Lilac? Where else am I supposed to gauge the opinion of others on my thoughts ? Should I be mailing people individually? Or should I do what 90% of the population do and take it to the coffeeshops?

Not at all. But you could have the respect to take it to a different area of the streets.

There is a slight sense of irony is defending an authorisation speech vigorously while also saying it wasn't required to begin with and that the people that needed to know were informed separately. If however it's that Countdown is interrupting a celebration with facts relevant to this thing of ours that could lead to lives being lost or saved, I'd imagine that the lives would take precedence over the celebration and be welcomed by those concerned.

Satanta, firstly I wasn't saying that it wasn't required to begin with. I merely pointed out that an announcement was made, albeit clearly not widely enough. Also, I would say that for any member of any family, it is generally not wise to jump to action on a possible rogue before receiving instruction. Haste can often be just as unwise as lack of action. It is about better judgement and use of common sense depending on the situation.

Report Post Tip

It is Godmother, I completely agree.

Common sense would dictate that Countdown's first reaction would be to consider the protection of his family and city. Common sense would give him pause for thought on whether to shoot or not, whether to find the potential rogue or not (which he could easily have done) and whether to then shoot or not. As you can see, Soprano is thankfully still alive.

Common sense would also give all of us to believe that if a new auth was to be made and set up in our cities, we would have been informed of it. All of us, not just the relevant leaders. If our fine leaders aren't around to pass on a message, what are we to do? Stand around waving at a rogue until such time that they pull the trigger?

There's a reason that authorisation speeches are always made in advance. It's for our protection and that careless mistakes don't happen that cost lives. If the life of a single friend of ours isn't worth the effort of someone taking the time to approach the streets a few minutes in advance of a new headquarters opening, this thing of ours is going down a dark and dangerous path with the protection of those closest to us being thrown to the side.

Report Post Tip

"Honestly.. I don't know what to say. What SHOULD and IS a congratulations speech to our good Soprano over here who I must say deserves this very well. Has turned into a debate because someone seems to misunderstand two things in Cpt-Harris' first speech. So.. let me go over them."

"The first is what Cpt-Harris said in the last paragraph of his speech."

'We've decided that you are the right man for the job and would like to see you set up your own organization here alongside us. What do you say?"'

"This alone is enough for myself to believe that Soprano or anyone else setting up that is directed at a single person alone is not a rogue. Number two and this is in the OOC part..." DrNeo takes a short breath

"The title of the thread tends to be a HUGE give away here. Suburbs Expansion. If that isn't a big give away to a new auth.. I don't know what is."

DrNeo turns his attention towards the crowd. "Answer me this question. Is it now considered wrong to not have a simple robotic auth speech come to our streets? Do MANY MANY bloodlines not come out onto the streets moaning about the amount of discussions and role playing we DON'T see? So.. why when a Godfather wants to do something different in roleplaying an auth.. does it suddenly spur a discussion and clearly a few separate speeches afterwards directed straight towards this speech?" DrNeo waits.. and sighs

"Please do get back to me on that."

He then turns his attention towards Soprano

"Soprano.. my man. I haven't been here for long but I've heard nothing but great things from Cpt-Harris and the rest of the family about you. I couldn't personally think of a kinder person to take the helm of our new family and I look forward to seeing what skills as a leader you can bring to the table. You've made me feel welcome from the moment I returned to these shores and for that I thank you. All the best my friend and if you need anything.. you know where I am!"

DrNeo pats Soprano on the back and hands him a bottle of whiskey.</em<

Report Post Tip

No DrNeo YOU seem to not understand the problem here... it's good to know you've blatantly just skipped over a few words in each subsequent post to pick your reply from, because what you said here had nothing to do with anything Satanta or I have mentioned.

This poster was put up LONG after Soprano went bold.

If I had shot and killed Soprano, I'm 99.9999999999% you guys would've been pissed off with me but also wished the thread had gone up BEFORE he went bold.

I and quite a few others were checking the obits waiting for someone to die. It's nothing to do with whether Soprano is worthy or not. Are you saying it was impossible for Cpt-Harris to have roleplayed it out a few minutes before Soprano went bold?    

Report Post Tip

"I am not saying that's impossible no, and maybe I did miss the fact the speech was made after Soprano went bold. Forgive me for being away doing other worldly stuff and earning a living for myself out of our world. However.."

"Find out the facts before you act. Sometimes.. as you guys have stated. Acting hastily can clearly cause problems. So if you'd have acted hastily.. you agree yourself it would have caused problems. Therefore.. one simple question. Why so urgent was you to believe he was a rogue? Were you really that concerned for your life.. or just after a +1?"

"I of course mean this is the most nicest of ways and am not accusing you of wanting a +1. I am merely stating a fact that seems to be a problem across our entire nation. As our gods have stated recently."

"Lilac said.. common sense and better judgement in certain situations are good here. And this could have happened from all sides of this. However.. I still don't understand why the sudden urge to believe 'rogue!'.

Report Post Tip

If I was after the +1 wouldn't he be dead.. or I would be... or both of us would be?

I DID find out the facts thank you, that's why I DID NOT shoot.

Just because you state you mean this in the nicest of ways, doesnt make it so. I've already stated why I thought rogue.. in this poster and Lilac's. If you'd care to read them then maybe that will fulfill your lust for why I thought how I did.

Let me put it to you this way... if the following had happened, would you be arguing with me over this? (Because I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that I'm no longer just here for a +1)

If I had shot and killed Soprano - we would both be dead

If I had shot and missed Soprano - I would be dead and I've no doubt my son would have blamed Cpt-Harris for that for not having this in place beforehand. My son has not been taught enough to carry himself as I do yet, he is much more vengeful. No doubt he would have gone on to cause Cpt-Harris some damage in the future, either via the shooting of his BG's or picking off his nearest and dearest that are within range.

Luckily for myself and Soprano, I am not as hasty as my previous ancestors were (which no doubt is where you got your +1 comment from) and despite information being delayed for far longer than comfortable for me I didn't shoot and nothing has happened. But this could've ended with 2 totally uncalled for deaths and a lot of bad blood.

Is that where you'd rather this went?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Suburbs Expansion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL