Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What Attributes are Most Valuable/Important ? Started by: _Warped on May 08, '13 20:05

Warped takes the evolution of a conversation from the "Thread Who Shall Not be Named" and drags it over into it's own limelight. She felt the separation was clearly needed.

Lets start clean and see what everyone thinks. Questions have been brought up as to which attribute is the most important. Lets expand that into what you personally feel is important to you as a mafioso.

Warped pulls out her scribblings and reads it.

"Which Attribute is most important in this thing of ours? Cast your vote HERE

"Which Attribute is most valuable to you?" Cast your vote HERE

I personally believe integrity is the most important. If you carry yourself with integrity, the rest falls in line. For example, if someone does not have integrity I find it very hard to nearly impossible to respect them as a mafioso.

Report Post Tip

What about responsibility? I mean would any of these attributes mean anything if it were followed by irresponsible behavior?

Report Post Tip

the mobster pulls up to the crowd and starts to preech

respect will get you far in this world

Report Post Tip

That is a very good point. My opinion is they would be meaningless if they were followed by irresponsible behavior. One can always say such and such is important but by portraying irresponsible behavior after touting specific attribute(s) they would be hypocrites at the very least. Accountability needs to come into play when there is irresponsible behavior. I am a big believer in and "Eye for an Eye" in this thing of ours and am disappointed when someone is not held accountable for their actions.

Report Post Tip

Warped,

What exactly do you mean by integrity?

Report Post Tip

in·teg·ri·ty  

/inˈtegritē/

Noun
  1. The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
Report Post Tip

you bring up some good points warped, yet in the first vote i see alot of good options yet one stands out "honesty"...this is a world where lies are our lives and they consume us, hence omerta . sometimes its good to tell a white lie for the greater good of civilization in my opinion, yet if i had to pick just one...i would pick "LOYALTY" that is the greatess attribute a mafiaoso of this world could have..as it seems that these streets within recent days havent followed our prime attribute "Omerta"

Cap walks to his car  across the street as his Bgs open the door, he cracks the window to hear of the next speaker

Report Post Tip

Capengo, I understand what you are saying. If you are not honest with your own family, your own city, your own district it will eventually collapse around you. Frankly, honesty got dragged over from Thread That Shall Not be Mentioned. I do not know that I would have included it otherwise.

Report Post Tip

Warped,

Strong moral principles and honesty? Moral uprightness? That's the quality you seek in someone in organized crime?
Isn't lying, stealing, and praying on the weaker things that organized crime is based upon? This is why I was asking what you meant by Integrity.

You find it impossible to respect a mafioso who doesn't have high moral principles? That just confuses me. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

1. Be loyal to members of the organization. Do not interfere with each other’s interest. Do not be an informer….
2. Be rational. Be a member of the team. Don’t engage in battle if you can’t win….The directive extends to personal life.
3. Be a man of honor. Respect your elders. Don’t rock the boat….
4. Be a stand-up guy. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Don’t sell out….The ‘stand-up guy’ shows courage and ‘heart.’ He does not whine or complain in the face of adversity, including punishment, because ‘If you can’t pay, don’t play.’
5. Have class. Be independent. Know your way around the world.”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Weren't many mafioso's Catholic? Did they not have a certain moral fortitude ESPECIALLY with their own family? When a leader is found out to not be what they have portrayed themselves to be does it not lead to their demise in the end?

As far as I am concerned, lying, stealing, and praying on the weaker may be a part of the mafioso lifestyle .. and yes here it comes .. BUT it is not the entire lifestyle. Not by a long shot. I mean really, when the liars were found out, did they not receive bullets?

I am just a business woman first, here to make money. I don't feel the need to be lying to people. And yes, I do not respect a liar in any form.

Report Post Tip

I would say many of the things you have listed are directly tied to Integrity. Thanks :)

Report Post Tip

I disagree with your use of the word integrity being referred to as an attribute. In my opinion, integrity is formed by many different attributes of one's being. The integral whole if you will. Honesty, respect, honor, work ethic, these are all parts of integrity. Without them all, one cannot be labeled with integrity, again, in my opinion.

I also disagree with Phil_Steak's #3, or a portion thereof, that states Respect your Elders.  Why are we to respect one just because of age? Just because one has made it long in this world does not mean I should incoherently respect them. Respect is earned, not given. There are many older than me who cannot even respect themselves, let alone deserve respect from others. I am more liable to respect a goomba who has earned my respect, than a GF (not anyone in particular, the rank in general) who does nothing to earn it, but expects it just because he or she thinks they deserve it because they are older than I, or hold a higher rank than I do.

The most important 'attribute' to me in this thing of ours is the ability to make lasting friendships, and what one does with those friendships along the road. The adage 'It's not what you know, it's who you know' plays a big part around here.

My two cents, interpret it as you will.

Report Post Tip

Outkast,

I should mention... the items listed, are not items I made up.
These are... the code of our way of life.
This aren't things that I simply spouted out. It is what this thing of ours is founded on. 

Report Post Tip

warped this world we live in, people only see what others allow them to see..nothing more... i will take this from you, "you said you dont respect a liar of any form".. but how many liars do you truly know..many of us have lied at one point of another..its humane in a way..robots are only things designed to not lie..you can blame eve for eating the apple if you will causing us to sin as if it were a reaction(since ya brought catholism into it) but im not bashing ya..ya bring great thought to my mind and i respect that..but also i will say another thing as it realtes to lying, well its more of a question if you will.

"How many Hands,CLs,GFs do any of us know that havent lied for greater good?"

some may have been present leaders or even past...idk but a leader does all within there grasp to protect there members even if it is a white lie

Report Post Tip

Godfather Phil_Steak,

I guess I was misinterpreted. In no way did I intend to mean I thought you were just spouting things off, I respect the code, I just do not have to agree with it in it's entirety.

Report Post Tip

Not being a total douche. That's one people seem to forget far too often.

Report Post Tip

I know a number of liars. Once I find out they have lied to me they have lost my trust. Once they lose my trust, I move on. I disassociate myself with them.

I don't claim to know all truths. I react as I find out.  Misplaced trust, especially in a liar, can wind up to be a deadly thing. It can create unnecessary conflicts that can cause entire cities to fall.

When my Cl, GF, whoever is honest with me, I will stand behind them no matter what (even if I don't agree with it). They have entrusted me with the truth. I would rather they not answer me than to lie to me. Many things are on a need to know basis. If I don't need to know, just tell me so.

This is the way I am. I know very well many do not think or act as I do. We are all individuals and will react to things differently and have various levels of acceptability.

Report Post Tip

very well put warped....very well put, i agree with you,yet i wont dismember them from my life, i will simply demoted them in my life....they have to truly work and earn it back but you only get three strikes ..on the third, YA THREW in my eyes, ya kno

cz i like givin chances to correct

Report Post Tip
Warped interesting subject, I personally think it is difficult to pick out one attribute as being the main one. I think lots of attributes are required to make a great mafioso. If I had to pick one I would probably say loyalty. If you have a family of loyal people your heading in the right direction.

I agree with you about honesty to an extent as even if my Godfather lied to me in regards to something that was happening imminently I would back him and then thrash out why he lied afterwards. As I would trust his judgement that he had a good reason to lie.

I have a question for you warped. Completely hypothetical of course. Would you disown someone if they lied to save your city? Or are you only talking about people that lie directly to you?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Attributes are Most Valuable/Important ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL