Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:24
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Poor Investments, Poor Decisions Started by: CupCake on May 11, '13 21:13

It's about time someone said it, so I will. How am I qualified to do this? I'm the daughter of Lilac Delaney, that's how.

Skipping past the tiny droplet of nonsense that was dribbled in my mother's direction during her retirement speech, I'll cut to the chase. Did she do nothing? Bullshit, did she do nothing.

Key members of Detroit knew all too well that to lead their city in war alongside Phil Steak et al would end in their ruination. Lilac knew this. And she most certainly did try to turn the boat in a different direction. Did she publicise it? No. Why? Because as a good leader, not wanting to risk the lives of those who served her, she preferred to plump first for tact and diplomacy. When that didn't work, and she saw she was outnumbered, well - she didn't have very many other options, did she? Would it have been more admirable if she had gone Rogue? Gone against her morals and fought alongside Phil herself? Or, as has been beautifully demonstrated by another Detroit upper tonight, publically betray her own city?

Nope. So instead, she bowed out quietly to pursue other worldly endeavours, knowing nothing of the chaos that was to ensue mere hours later. Now, she turns in her grave.

Detroit, you should have stuck by Chicago. You destroyed yourself and many innocent lives by failing to do so. The reputation of the city was finally on a positive turning point, and now it's been thrown right back into the gutter.

Congratulations.

Report Post Tip

P0ison0ak nods her head in utmost agreement...

Report Post Tip

How exactly is it in the gutter?

DT under SpaceCowboy's rule were loyal to DS... them joining had nothing to do with Phil_Steak. You even know this so I'm not sure why your mother bowed out and why you're here complaining aout it.

Report Post Tip

She was a Godfather. No matter what her decision was she wouldn't have been a rogue. She could have taken her people and joined Chicago like other Godfathers did. She could have taken a chance and fought the other leaders in Detroit in an attempt to spark a change of leadership. None of this would have made her a rogue. It would have made her a Godfather using her last resort methods to try and steer clear from total disaster. Giving up and quitting on her people should not have been an option.

Report Post Tip

You were inactive for weeks/months at a time LOL. When did you even try to do anything worthwhile? You had RL shit going on and people understand that. But don't act like you ever tried to actually DO anything about fuck all Lilac. You wasted space in the city that we should have known about beforehand so we could have replaced you with someone better, get over it.

Report Post Tip

For once I can agree with Brotherhood... any option but the one you chose was infinitely better.

All I see is that you were too cowardice to pick a side yourself.

Report Post Tip
She was inactive for the last month or so. Slight exaggeration there. And she did plenty before that inactivity became necessary. Funnily enough your father's attitude, Butter, only changed towards her in the very moment she announced her resignation. If he held so low an opinion all along but wasn't honourable enough to make it known, then you aren't the kin of the man she refers to in her journals with such admiration.
Report Post Tip

Detroit, you should have stuck by Chicago. You destroyed yourself and many innocent lives by failing to do so. The reputation of the city was finally on a positive turning point, and now it's been thrown right back into the gutter.

Why should of Detroit? Did SpaceCowboy come from Chicago? No so why the hell would he of turned on Philly in their time of need? How would you know it's reputation? Where was your mother the past month or so? Because she sure as hell wasn't helping her own city or making anything better over there at that point. Tossing it into the gutter? I don't see that one bit, others knew why we were fighting and for who. Phil_Steak was not the reason Detroit joined into the war and as mentioned you know this already so I don't see why your trying to twist shit.

Soon the truth will be revealed so we won't have to listen to inactive returning bloodlines to tell the story for their city.

Oh....

AWHHH SHIT!

Report Post Tip

I didn't talk to you at weeks at a time so how do you know how my father felt? PERSONALLY, my father wanted to kill you sooner for all the NONactivity you brought forward. You can thank SpaceCowboy for Zero not putting a bullet in you wayyyyyyy earlier then it should have been. If it were his call, Lilac would have died to his hands a month and half ago. Thank SpaceCowboy, once again. Saving peoples lives who don't deserve it and taking up for them.

Report Post Tip
And to Brotherhood - although Lilac was a woman of many talents, predicting the imminent future was not one of them. If she had known that she took retirement on the cusp of a war that saw her city lead to death, sure as shit she wouldn't have budged. It is already known by those who matter that she would have led her district to stand alongside Chicago.
Report Post Tip

"Look, I didn't do anything but here's what I thought I could have done if I should have done it" is the theme of your speech and your mother's speech. Frankly, I don't think many people actually care. You accomplished nothing, and you're trying to come up with a good reason why you should be remembered. As for the "reputation", you were a silent city slowly losing its ability to compete with the larger cities, with one district led by a comatose Godfather. In my opinion, this was a good move on SpaceCowboy's part, because eventually Detroit would be the target of Chicago, and when it happened he wouldn't have DeadlySin or Phil_Steak to back him up.

And the "innocents"? I can't see any blue names from Detroit crews in the paper's obituaries, so I can assume that none of them were innocent. This is one of the worst attempts at public shaming I've ever seen. "How dare you let innocent murderers get killed for your decisions?" That's what we sign up for when we join a crew. We accept that our leader can make decisions, and we die trying to fulfill them. We work for months to put our guy at the top, and die when someone tries to jeopardize that.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lilac had talents? This is indeed breaking news.

Report Post Tip

Well she can go inactive better than any other crew leader I know of.

Report Post Tip
See, now it all comes out in the wash. Understood her RL commitments? The level of yapping being displayed here demonstrates otherwise.

The only reason you fought was because it was your plan from the off to sit huddled under the wing of another city rather than establish autonomy for your own city that YOU were supposed to lead. Some leadership, that.
Report Post Tip

Your run as a Godmother is about as epic as my 6 hours runs at them. NO ONE NOTICES THEM.

Report Post Tip
The cheap shots continue.
Report Post Tip

Maybe if Chicago knew how to handle their shit without the whole "we're better than you" gimmick and "you should be grateful" routine, Detroit might have. Who knows though?

Report Post Tip

I don't believe it's dignified for these cheap shots.

The city of Detroit and it's people deserve more than that. A lot of us worked so hard and we want to be remembered as loyal, worthy soldiers.

Report Post Tip

I will agree with you on that Toaly's lover, since my father thought highly of you I will stop. Detroit deserves much more.

Report Post Tip

RW, I do not understand where this look comes from? Yes you and Prat had some form of argument but so has everybody.

Once you are in a city for months on in you fight eventually between yourselves and have arguments we are a family after all and sometimes family do that. To say that all of us have that mentality you shared is unbelievable. I have done nothing but encourage those to succeed even those in other cities. Though most of them are fallen now and may God rest their souls.

As for these cheap shots being hurled towards Lola. She made a decision, one she felt was best for herself. She allowed those under her to make the decision they felt best for themselves and they chose to fight for DS.

I understand you DT guys feel insulted so let me try to correct this. Detroit stayed loyal to their roots and fought for Philadelphia and the person who authed them, DeadlySin. Loyalty by DT was incredible as Lord knows not all of them agreed with the decision but died fighting for SpaceCowboy.

This should not be taken lightly and it sure as hell required a ton of balls to go out there and fight a war that already had done damage to the fallen Phil_Steak (RIP bud) and many others who had already fallen for what is deemed as the enemy side. I commend Detroit for their loyalties and for none of them crying, or bitching about their death. They fought for the best and if they lose they lost fighting in the most honorable manner possible. Respect to you guys.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Poor Investments, Poor Decisions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL