Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Bodies Line The Streets. Worth It? Epic. Started by: SammyG on May 13, '13 11:32

SammyG walked along the streets of Chicago. Ever since he had stepped into the life of crime, he had been dodging bullets and shooting. He hadn't slept for days, and with the latest body that hit the floor, the end was finally in sight. Now was as good a time as any for him to go and address what had happened. With being the great-grandson of SammyGarcini, he had acquired his journal, and the note that he had left with why this war was going down.

He stepped up and opened up the piece of paper. He took a deep breath, sighed, and began to read.

"By now you can obviously see what has happened. I write this letter in a hope of what has happened in the future. I don't expect to live through this, I'm not even sure if I much want to. I've led a good life here, I've led a full life, and I've led a city. All my accomplishments were achieved, and for that, I thank the city of Chicago. Without every last one of you, we would not have been able to accomplish what we have today. We have probably taken many loses, many dear friends and leaders will have more than likely died. It was for a good cause though.

"I write this in the hope that DeadlySin and Phil_Steak are now dead. This community could not progress anymore, with these two men leading the way.

"I admit, it is with a heavy heart that we had to include DeadlySin and the city of Philadelphia in our war attempts. It would've been truly amazing if we could've accomplished our goals without getting them involved. However, there was no way in hell that we could've removed New York without Philadelphia getting involved. It was a step that had to be taken, to ensure that Philadelphia wouldn't be able to hit us with their full force.

"The city of Chicago owed DeadlySin and Philadelphia a great deal, one that could not really be put into words if I wanted to give it any justice. We had a great friendship, and we worked well. However, sometimes, you have to put friendships aside and take into account what is the best for your city.

"I am going to be completely honest with everyone. My own city wanted this to happen many many times. I held them back from doing this time and time again. They trusted that I knew what I was saying, and that war was not the answer. As well as my own city wanting this war to happen. There was also several districts from other cities. As is probably obvious by now, Staten Island and South Philly both as collective districts wanted the rest of New York and Philadelphia dead. This, coupled with several stirrings from the Detroit Upper Structures about them also wanting them dead, well... When it is your city talking about war, it's one thing. When the oppositions cities also want them dead, it speaks volumes about what is happening there, and that something cannot be right.

"I will not bore you with reason after reason after reason about why we went to war, the evidence is there for everybody to see. People were not happy with the way business was being handled, so we took action. It's as simple as that. Knowing that I will more than likely die before this is over, I can say I have no regrets. With these two leaders gone, the community can progress. Admittedly the community will regress first, but that is to be expected with a war that will more than likely take up the majority of the countries families.

"I hope that this will create a better time for our community, and that as a whole we can move forward and make this work. There will be hard work and very tough times, but we have excelled from this position before, and I can bet whatever amount of money you have that we will do it again.

"I applaud Chicago in advance, as I know that you will stand by the city, whether it be myself leading you, or the people I have placed as my successors. I know you will stand by them. You are amazing people, I could not have asked for more from a city.

"To all the fallen mobsters, Rest In Peace. You all deserve to after the battle that you will have fought in. Rest Well."

SammyG closed the paper and put it back in his pocket, and began to speak.

"What has recently happened is devastating for all parties involved. It was a necessary war though, and I personally think we will be better for it. There is no doubt about it, this was an epic war to be apart of. Bodies are everywhere, and it was truly the most insane war that his world has seen for a very very long time.

"I have no doubt a lot of people have something to say on the matter, so... Have at it."

Report Post Tip

I'm left a little underwhelmed by this to be honest.

You say that the reasons are evident as to why this war happened and that the community will progress, but there is no indication as to the details of either within this note or what you've said subsequently. I'm intrigued as to why it is going to be better without DeadlySin and Phil_Steak and how that is likely to manifest itself. I'm intrigued as to why the whole world with a few, largely silent, exceptions happened to be plunged into their graves. 

I appreciate that the protagonists in this likely need some time to recover, but at least give us something to work with.

Report Post Tip

I'm not interested in coming out here and pulling our the dead's dirty laundry. If that's what you want me to do, you are definitely going to be disappointed.

You want evidence that it will be better? Is it better since Roman died? Yes, everybody wanted him dead, and it was better for it.

It is the same thing with DeadlySin and Phil_Steak. Their own cities had had enough of the way they were leading. I personally think that it is going to be better without them around. It's my opinion though, and we shall see what actually happens.

Report Post Tip

I think it is irrelevant how we feel about the situation.  Whats done is done, and change has come.  Everyone will have a bias perspective.

Report Post Tip

I think using the lack of loyalty within PH to justify that Philly was doing something wrong... is a bit... off. That was a completely self-serving move on their part. Don't think it had to do with anything in particular, except minor tidbits when LF couldn't get her way or something trivial as that. 

As for stuff in NY, well whatever. People were pissed after possibly real maltreatment, but that's the way the cookie crumbles there. You guys shared the same ideals with them so it wasn't a big surprise.

Detroit, well, those that turned have already paid their price.

DeadlySin was not Roman. That comparison would only tarnish his name. He was kind, understanding, and had a real passion. A different kind of passion. Whatever it was, Roman lacked it. 

Report Post Tip

I wasn't trying to say DeadlySin was the same as Roman. I agree that would be unfair.

The comparison I was making, was people wanted Roman gone, they also wanted DeadlySin gone. The war had the same kind of feel to it as well.

That's all I was trying to say.

Report Post Tip
I have been called many names during this war, traitor being the main source of topic, a few times actually and to be honest I’m ok with that. It was the hardest decision my lineage has have had to make and prolly will do for a very long time, but it wasn’t without necessity.

Now, this necessity isn’t a direct dig at my former city, PH but more a necessity of collateral damage and I know that sounds very unjustified for the lives lost over the last couple of days but its true. I had no problems with DS or bunny, in fact I did grow to understand them and actually build a friendship but with that being said, that wasn’t enough for me, or for South Philly.

For me it was Phil, his love of fucking up, constantly, which lead to copious amounts of hypocrisy, which for me is a massive no, no, more so in the position of power that he held had it been any lesser of a figure head they would have been 6 foot under, months ago. Unfortunately, being a PH resident, his problems, his fuck ups were my fuck ups, as they were the whole of PH, bad for business. We were “one” city and it was only a matter of time before other cities come knocking.

I was frustrated with PH as they sat by and witnessed this and did nothing, yet i understand the logic, we were sitting ducks without them, or it would have been easy to make a power play on PH than it would have been with NY.

I’m not here to pick out and point to many reasons about specific people as, well, its not needed, I think EVERYONE can appreciate the effort put in by all sides, but ultimately I/we had to pick a side, we did and the rest is history, as is this war, it will go down, in my eyes, as the biggest one, ever.

Well done to all involved and well done to ch/dt/ph/ny….you all played your parts in an epic event, everyone should be proud of what they achieved this weekend. Lets not look at how bad things are now, lets look up, lets see how many opportunities there are and evolve into a new world.

RIP to all who have fallen.
Report Post Tip

Can you, or any of the surviving Chicago Godfather's enlighten us on what happens next?

The war has decimated the vast majority of people and there are a now a lot of homeless mobsters roaming the streets...

Report Post Tip

I think your great-grandfather said it more aptly.

I admit, it is with a heavy heart that we had to include DeadlySin and the city of Philadelphia in our war attempts. It would've been truly amazing if we could've accomplished our goals without getting them involved. However, there was no way in hell that we could've removed New York without Philadelphia getting involved. It was a step that had to be taken, to ensure that Philadelphia wouldn't be able to hit us with their full force

Report Post Tip

Alex, you've got to understand that the war lasted days. Those who're still alive.. are very tired. They need to rest.. as well as clean up the last little bit of the opposing side. So.. give it a day or so before we start to actually see the redevelopment of our world.

Patience Everyone.

As for my take on the war, south-paw couldn't have put it better. Clearly the fuck ups of Phil impacted a lot of lives.. and eventually the cities who were effected weren't going to stand by and let it happen any more. As for what SammyG said. It was very difficult to remove Phil without Philly joining in. Therefore.. you have to remove both. Sadly. If only Philly had removed Phil themselves.. then this wouldn't have happened I guess.

Rest In Peace to everyone and lets rebuild this world for the better.

Report Post Tip

Patience won't revive me if somebody takes the opportunity to put two bullets in my beautiful face. I recognise it's been a traumatic and tiring time for all involved, but my Grand-Pappy died in the war, and my Father died as an innocent a day later whilst being unsponsored and unable to get into a safe family.

If I die in the same manner I can guarantee I'll be telling my son to stay away from these shores because it's not worth the effort. A generation of young mobsters is being lost here, and as the education board will tell you... children are our future.

Report Post Tip

​Alex I feel your frustration but thats the risk we all take when we take to the life of organized crime.  There is no such thing as an "innocent" on these shores. 

Report Post Tip

i am with alex here... yes there are no "innocents" technically, but thats all it is, a technicality!

if that is people's argument then i might not even wait to try and find a family (for the 3rd time in 3 days), ill take my leave right now

Report Post Tip
I'm sorry but saying the current leaders are "tired" is not good enough. Chicago (and other cities) caused the atrocities, so surely it's Chicago's duty to sort this mess out? Sleep can wait, the safety of the masses surely can't.
Report Post Tip
  TylerDurden   MarlaSinger   RobertPaulson Everywhere, All 33 17 Open <-------------------------------
Report Post Tip

let the whining begin .. 

Report Post Tip

There is airing your dirty laundry and then there is providing a reasonable explanation of events so that people can understand why they died and what they died for. This sketches over the pertinent details and leaves us a long way short of knowing anything beyond "we had reasons". That's great, I would have assumed that without hearing you read out a note, I may as well have kept on walking.

Just because things were better because Roman was removed doesn't necessarily mean things will be better because DeadlySin has. That is nonsense. Things were better after Roman was felled because those who came afterwards had both definitive reasons as to why they wanted to take what he had and a plan with what to do with it once they had it. They were also very public figures who people knew and understood what they stood for and how they acted. At the moment, our world is in the hands of some very much unknown quantities and some very useful people are in the ground. Until these unknowns come out of the shadows to clarify their positions, intentions and plans, I suspect I'm not alone in being underwhelmed.  

Report Post Tip

In all honesty, I didn't have to give you any sort of thread detailing or sketching over anything in the first place. I have given you the information I wanted to give out, and that's what you've got.

I'm happy to answer specific questions, as long as it's something I want to talk about.

I guess we'll have to see what the now current leadership has in store for the cities. No use moaning about it though. It's happened. Get over it.

Report Post Tip
I must disagree with the claim that SammyG offers no real explanation. He has. War was waged in order to remove someone and it was only done after a considerable period of deliberation. Unfortunately and reluctantly on the part of Chicago, DeadlySin et al were implicated by association and therefore had to be removed also.

As for unknown quantities, there again I disagree. This world is in the hands of people who clearly possessed the wherewithal to achieve what would have been considered by many as nigh on impossible. That alone warrants respect. They have demonstrated tenacity and determination to follow through on something they believed in. That's a pretty good start on information for any young mobster to know about their prospective leadership. Furthermore, the fact that Godfather Garcini's kin came out here to speak on behalf of his ancestor and Chicago illustrates further a recognised need to address the situation.
Report Post Tip

Thanks for the clarification SammyG; there was a war, people died. Good to know. Curious as to why you bothered to come out and speak at all when I asked for a little more detail and I'm told to get over it, despite having nothing to get over and just really wanting our leaders to be a bit more forthcoming so that we may understand them and their plans.

Delaney, don't be ridiculous. As an explanation, this is significantly lacking. It offers nothing into the reasons why, the motivators for or the plans to come. That's what people care about, everything else is easily deduced from a cursory glance into the obituaries. This is a war that has transformed our world and hundreds gave their lives for. Surely it is something that merits some more detail. 

I didn't deny the capability of the people alive, as they have evidently done well or they wouldn't be alive. What I am questioning is who they are, what they stand for and what they believe in? You're quick enough to say they demonstrated the tenacity and determination to through on something, but as I have no conception what that something is, I don't really know how to feel. What did they believe in? Are they the right things? Have they acted in a way that I would agree with and make me want to work for them? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bodies Line The Streets. Worth It? Epic.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL