Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 19:33:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Free advertising Started by: AlabamaWorley on Jun 22, '13 18:39

Ok, so this may be a little random.. but I was wondering, does anyone have any ideas on how us, the users, can assist MR with some free advertising?

We all know that the userbase is one the biggest and best parts of MR, and I know there are loads of dedicated players, so I'm sure there are some things we can do that would be useful.

The reason I got thinking about was because my wife dragged me out food shopping tonight, and rather than follow around the store bored I was instead sitting in the tech part of the store looking at Ipad minis and other Tablets; Suddenly I decided to put Mafiareturns.com as the homepage on all the devices. I don't know what made me do it, but I just thought that if even 1 person comes in and see's the website and gets curious, you never know what could happen.

So... is the example above something people think is OK? Do you think that it would ever help gain us new users? I really don't know if it will, but if it doesn't then guess what, it cost me nothing but 5 spare minutes to do anyway.

Imagine if this was done in random stores across different countries, surely someone somewhere will be intrigued and sign up.

Anyway.. Feel free to offer up other random ways to try and do some free advertising for the game.

Report Post Tip

window decals, dropping leaflets over afghanistan, or mailing 1 piece of paper to 1,000 households a month across the US

Report Post Tip

None of those are exactly free, but at least you're suggesting something (even if only 2 are remotely serious)

Report Post Tip

I have suggested Mafia Returns to all of my old friends from other games, namely two other mafia games I use to play before they became trash.

I've brought over perhaps 5 or 6 friends from said game that play the game seriously, I also try to get my LoL friends to give it a try.

Other then that, I'm not sure about how to advertise it for free, other then social media.

Report Post Tip

You could always carve 'MR' into your forehead? Although the pen knife might set you back a bit.

Report Post Tip
That is funny, 'Bama. Post something in the Lit Department of your local University or the Library.
Report Post Tip

If Izzy would send me 5000 credits...

...I would disrupt a Phillies game by running around naked on national TV with MafiaReturns.com painted all over my body.

Report Post Tip

I think you should do it NiNe. Just for the lolz.

Report Post Tip

LMAO it would get noticed Izzy send the 5000 credits 

Report Post Tip

2nd vote for NiNe's suggestion.

Report Post Tip

third vote. Izzy send the 5000 but Nine i want 1000

Report Post Tip

No no.. Its called FREE advertising. NiNe should be doing it without any credits.

Report Post Tip

Hey now! It's still free because it doesn't cost a single penny for Izzy!

It would actually cost me lots of money because of the fines I would have to pay lol

Report Post Tip

I think he should have to streak at an Eagles game, in mid-December.

Report Post Tip

Ive no idea who the Eagles are. But I agree anyway.

Report Post Tip

LOL mid december in the states think he will need to coat himself in a shit ton of goanna oil to prevent some parts freezeing off :/

Report Post Tip

Outkast, if he did that he'd be killed. The fans are agressive enough up there, but along with the football players who would get pissed, whoa man. I wouldn't want to be in that stadium for that.

Report Post Tip

why would you want to see NiNe covered in oil running through football players deadmoney? You got a fetish you want to tell us about?

But, if he were covered in oil, it might help escape Morrison's fate for poor ol NiNe.

Also, Morrison, the way the Eagles play ball, the fans are starved for some entertainment, they'll love it!

(All in fun)

Report Post Tip

I thought this was about free advertising, but obviously, you guys just want to see someone suffer...

...and for that, I applaud you Outkast.

Report Post Tip

Ive come up with many ideas before. My favourite is 'stickering.' something as simple as the following:

http://www.mehwhatever.com/profile/pics/untitlxfx.png

The cost of stickers are approx:

13mm diam. round (0.52")  1000 : £57.20
19mm diam. round (0.75")  1000 : £58.30
25mm diam. round (1")  1000 : £61.60
30mm diam. round (1.2")  1000 : £68.20
38mm diam. round (1.5")  1000 : £75.90
42mm diam. round (1.65")  1000 : £79.20
50mm diam. round (2")  1000 : £86.90
65mm diam. round (2.56")  1000 : £105.60
70mm diam. round (2.75")  1000 : £116.60
80mm diam. round (3.15")  1000 : £127.60   
90mm diam. round (3.5")  1000 : £143.00
101mm diam. round (4")  1000 : £160.60

8cm diam should be more then big enough, So you can get 1000 for around $191. This works out at 20c (rounded up) a sticker. What I would suggest is a credit sale by Izzy. Every credit BOUGHT (excluding promotional increases) during the period, the buyer gets 4 stickers. That is 76c worth of stickers for your $1 investment. The other 24c go's towards covering postage - you can have 1 supplier delievering to a single person in the UA, 1 in the UK, therefore the only cost is a second class stamp. Now I would imagine many people buy 50 credits during promotions. This then gives them 200 stickers. It is then up to that user what to do with their stickers. Stick them around their university campus. stick them on lamposts. stick them on tube trains. Stick them above toilet urinals. There are many places where they can be stuck to get attention.

Whilst it is not free, it is a paid for advertising campaing. Say 100 users buy 50 CDs (i am sure Izzy can work out the real stats), that is 20,000 stickers (bet you can then negotiate a supplier cheaper), we can really cover the globe. And the potential audience? Well lets use an example.

I go through Vauxhall station every day. Around 70,000 people use that station each day. 1 sticker will reach 70,000 people. How much would an add cost to reach that many people. A lot more then 20c. I also go through Twickenham station. Now Twickenham fills with 100,000 people + on a game day. Imagine me putting loads of stickers on lamposts and the station the night before a game. That is a reach of 100,000 people.

I also go to the Emirates. A 60,000 soccer arena. Again, imagine loads of stickers around, it is reaching a lot. So with (imo) just 30 stickers from me, I could reach around 250k people. And that is just me.

How many people go to university? Lets organise this for freshers week. average 5k people a uni. what a reach. Or other people who go to sporting events. or people who travel to work on public transport - the average bus carries 50 people...

We can really push this, for not much money. Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Free advertising
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL