Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 15:04:22
Page:  1 
EPL 13/14 Season - Fantasy Football Started by: AlabamaWorley on Jul 18, '13 10:19

So, its almost that time again. Football season (Soccer for those across the pond) is almost upon us. I've decided to create a wee mini league using a popular website, if anyone should wish to join they may feel free.

Some may remember me doing this for the 11/12 season. Things will work slightly different from then, I will run the usual Classic league style which will have 3 payouts throughout the Year, but i'll also run a Head to Head league which i'll explain more on later. Entry fee for the Classic League will be 200k, so not a massive risk to entering a team really. Payouts will be as follows;

30th November
29th February
14th May

The person at the top of the leader board on these days will receive 30% of the takings. Anyone with basic math will realise that for organising the contest I will be taking a small fee of 10%. People may feel free to enter more than one team, but must pay the entry fee per team they enter.

Now, as I mentioned before, there will also be a Head to Head league available. This is slightly different to the usual Fantasy Football style in that you don't simply accumulate points based on your players performance, when the league starts there is a fixture list drawn up that pits you directly against the other teams in the league. I.e. Week 1 Alabama's Animals might be up against Cantona's Crybabies. If Cantona's team scores more points that weekend then they receive 3pts towards their league standing, whilst poor Alabama will have to sit and cry in the corner with nothing at all.

This system helps to keep things fresh as it means someone is less likely to run ahead of the pack as it makes no difference how massive a score they receive each weekend it only matters if they out score their opponent. It should also encourage people to pay attention to not only their own team, but the upcoming opponents team!

For head to head things will still run in the same way as the Classic and will maintain the same payout dates, it will also carry the same Entry fee of 200k per team.

Now, at this point some may be thinking that the season is too long for this kind of thing to last - fear not, even if some tragedy is to befall Alabama, old Warrior will still be picking up the tab on the payouts as I'll be converting the Cash into Credits to ensure no-one loses out. If you wish to pay for your team with Credits then feel free, but please note .5 Credit will be required due to market fluctuations.

If you've read this and are still interested, cross my palm with the stated figure and i'll pass on the league ID details to enable you to enter.

Any questions, feel free to fire them my way, either here or via MobMail.

For anyone that missed the link hidden above, the webiste in use is http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb.html

Report Post Tip

I am up for this. When you want me to send money for both classic and head to head leagues?

Report Post Tip

Money can be sent now. I'll pass on the league IDs when the cash is received.

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $400,000 has been wired to AlabamaWorley from your account.

Report Post Tip

Can I do the same construction as last year where I had 1 team, my brother had 1 team and his mate (winner last time I think or the year before) has 1 team? :P 

Report Post Tip

You certainly can do that, Penquin! Just provided you pay the MR money on their behalf then I dont really mind who is doing the tinkering with the teams :).

Whomever pays the MR money for the team will be the one to receive the rewards, obviously.

Report Post Tip

Penquins dont play football!!

Report Post Tip

Fred West Ham are going to tear it up!

Report Post Tip

I'll be in on this, will sort out a team tomorrow and fire across some dough soon enough.

Report Post Tip
Your accountant makes note that $400,000 has been wired to AlabamaWorley from your account.
This is for one team for each league. I will talk to a buddy of mine who doesn't play MR about joining simply because he loves football. Would this be allowed if I paid his way??
Report Post Tip

Indeed that would be fine, Rampage. As you would be making payment for him, any money he wins would go to you.

Report Post Tip

Season is still far away, but why wait until the last minute? Get your team in now and then you can amend it as much as you want until you have the finished article. No-one can see your team selection until the league has begun.

Report Post Tip
Sil AlabamaWorley $400,000 07/27 19:08

there you go! il await your reply

Report Post Tip

If I had money I would join. Blue is the colour!

Report Post Tip

Blue certainly is the colour, Romano.

Report Post Tip

See I know I liked this post for a reason. LOL

Report Post Tip

EPL kicks off this coming weekend folks. If you want in, nows your chance! If your in already, best get your team sorted out!

Report Post Tip

how many teams in so far?

Report Post Tip

how many teams in so far?

8 teams in the Classic League.

5 teams in the Head to Head League. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: EPL 13/14 Season - Fantasy Football
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL