Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 23:39:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Welcome to. Started by: Orithyia on Aug 16, '13 13:46

It doesn't appear that anyone has put words in your mouth. However we have twken your body of work (your street speeches) as contradictory to your now held position by continuing to speak about how bloodlines are favorited and how you are incog and now bold. It seems as if you want to continually draw attention to this and I believe that is what has frustrated myself and others.

Report Post Tip

I don't see any reason why someone put in such a position of enviable power should be viewed as a martyr working her ass off for the betterment of the whole world.

Working your ass off doesn't make you a martyr - it just means you have a heck of a work ethic.

However, rewards such as being able to just walk upto someone who was annoying you in the HQ and just screaming 'SHUT YOUR MOUTH' quite made up for it.

Oh my...

Personally? Nah. Not really. Just felt the need to step in and defend a friend who I felt was getting ganged up on.

Emotions will always blind you to the reality of the situation. It happens to everyone at one time or the other. People who say

Well done for pointing out the fact I attacked you. Which I will agree.

do not need "defending" because they were the ones who started it.

So, honestly... in the vast majority of cases I believe that the respected Made+ will remain exactly that. I don't believe that you have much chance of progression.

I agree with that statement. Once upon a time, only a few people could be leaders. 3 leaders within one city was rare, never mind per district as it stands now. So even though there are more chances for people to step up, again, there are only so many slots. Currently, there are over 350 people in our world who are ranked Made Men and higher. How do you suppose that the majority of them during this time all become Left/Right Hands, or a crew leader? If you can tell me that, then I will applaud you, sir.

Report Post Tip

Yes, Working your ass off doesn't make you a martyr... it's kinda what I was saying... Every RH has been given power and hence they have to work quite a bit. 'With Great power comes great responsibility' and all that jazz.

If you actually thought my forefather did scream that at some random associate, I would assume you to be either very naive, gullible or retarded. 

Also, someone who started a fight doesn't need defending? Care to explain why?

Report Post Tip

Blaise just shakes her head 

I could explain, but I am choosing not to.

Your friend tried to, and you have for the most part, derailed this topic. Instead of answering my on topic remark about how can one expect the bulk of MM+ mafiosi to obtain certain positions, you chose to inquire about every other minor point, including making ridiculous comments to justify trying to paint me in a negative light. I will not help you further take away from Orithyia's main point.

I guess Orithyia will come to expect your friend coming into all of her street conversations and using straw man arguments each and every time to take away her point. And when she speaks up for herself, she will also will come to expect you swooping in to "defend" him.

You know where to find me if you really insist on continuing this asinine conversation.

Report Post Tip

Well, alright then. I do sincerely apologize for 'derailing' this topic, if that is what you think it is. 

Yes, the majority of the men and women who are walking these Streets cannot claim to become RH/LH or CLs. That is true. Now, if all the Original Speaker had said was that, my response would have been very very neutral or I wouldn't have even chosen to give a response. However, to say that and in the same breath to mention that she got her first start from being someone who descended from a bloodline with ties with her CL... that is where tony, and to a certain extent, me had a problem with. We found it to be quite patronizing. I chose not to express my feelings in my first response, however, as time passed, I chose to do so. 

Hope you haven't wandered off too far now that I've got the topic 'back on track'(Have I?) 

Report Post Tip

Again... you have twisted my words. Maybe its because I refuse to tell you who I am... I've no idea, only you guys can answer that.

My whole point going into this was to try to hint at the other bolds and GF's to give people a chance, the reason I spoke about myself was because I was the bad example of how things should be one but you guys heard what you wanted to hear, which you will always do when replying to anything I say because although you both think you're "men of the world", you actually have a very narrow vision spectrum.

You came out here to defend your friend McLuvin in a blaze of glory without actually taking the time to read it yourself. I was out here trying to champion the ones who do the work but do not have lengthy bloodlines to get them into positions of authority.

If I am ever asked a question about either of you now I am going to blatantly point out that you both 'go off at the deep end' without asking questions first and you both can't let go of the past (pertaining to bringing up my anonymity which I addressed in a completely different thread).

So congratulations, you both just fucked yourselves over and lost an ally.

Report Post Tip

KK.

Report Post Tip

My whole point going into this was to try to hint at the other bolds and GF's to give people a chance, the reason I spoke about myself was because I was the bad example of how things should be 

So you're confirming my point that you're using yourself as an example and continuously flaunting what you're complaining about to pprove a point by using you're incog status which is the point I made originally that you attempted to spin back around because I found it ridiculous to continue bringing it up?

Report Post Tip

My bloodline has been bold both here and in the old world on multiple occasions.  Do i wave a magic wand and get auth, no.  Do i work damn hard for my bosses and get offered auth. sometimes.  Do i always accept. quite simply no.

I do believe having a trusted blood line, or a blood line that will do a job or be part of a plan/movement makes things a tad easier. it is easier to climb up the ranks within a family and it easier to gain a position in a family as people know your bloodline has shown skills even if your maybe less involved then your parent in this thing of ours.

As for me,  i find is getting a balance. Within some families when serving as a hand, hit squad leader or adviser and made myself irreplaceable and therefore denied auth even due to my prominence within an organization.   Sometimes a person can do their job too well is a problem and this can also be seen as a threat, especially for hitmen and a loss or creation of opportunity depending on the circumstance.

As for me generally, I believe being a leader is more then strapping on a suit and buying a HQ, i believe it is difficult to organise the time, support structure and protect and teach your own, when like me,time is money and where i hide from the g-men it makes my time limited(ooc i have a life outside the game including a family. work and outside commitments).  This often rules me out of running a family even though i would enjoy it, i know someone else can serve better.

So in general i would say my bloodline could get auth, like they were offered jobs in and outside Chicago which would of developed in to furture auth but everywhere i go people make money, i am willing to educate and help in any situation is why my father died pro--whacking in a war.  People remember loyalty and commitment, and you never know who the people you help today are going to be in the years to come, or the advantages helping their bloodline can produce.

Report Post Tip

What exactly am I flaunting? I used  a BAD EXAMPLE, how can you flaunt a bad example? There's nothing to flaunt if it's terrible!

Jesus fucking christ son, READ. Or at least look up the words you're using.

Flaunting

1. Display (something) ostentatiously, esp. in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance.
  2. Dress or behave in a sexually provocative way.

How am I provoking envy or admiration if I've admitted it's a shit example? I'm not looking to provoke envy... I'm looking to provoke change. Change from the people who put others in positions of power.

But you... you went and made it personal after picking out a line or 2 out of context.

Report Post Tip

So in general i would say my bloodline could get auth

I for one, would agree with that statement. Now, BackToShootPeeps might be wondering why I'm saying this,  since I don't recall he and I ever having had a conversation with one another, but the fact is I'm very aware of BTSP because of his prominence and reputation that has reached me. I have zero knowledge of his bloodline, nor do I care who he is related to, but from the knowledge I've gained of BTSP I feel content to agree that such a man "could" get auth, should he so desire it and the opportunity arise.

Now, does help the argument of people having to be "someone" in order to get auth? Because clearly I would have no qualms about seing this man bold despite having not known of his bloodline, I would see him bold purely because of the hard work he has put in for his Leader and his District.

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed at the tangent this discussion has gone on, and I don't hold McLovin or Tony to sole blame for it, as I actually feel I'm in agreement with some of their views, but nor do I fully blame Orithya as I also believe it may have been an accident on her part that she portrayed the original statement in a thinly veiled "Lolz you still don't know who I am" message. In fact, having listened to it a few times I'd say she didn't really mean that at all, but on first listen I can see where Tony took his view from and also why McLovin jumped to his defence. - I just wanted to add this to show that other people MAY have come to the same conclusion, so acting as though these two people were all butthurt for not knowing who someone is, isn't really true. I for one am glad some people will still give their views even if they aren't something that will attract positive response. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest and hope that everything can remain firmly on topic herein and I would love to see much more discussion on the original topic.

Report Post Tip

The difference being Ms. Worley... that was your FIRST reaction. Like all Made+ should be doing, you took your time to read it and came to a sensible conclusion.

My problem isn't that they brought it up, my problem is that I already have a poster pinned to these walls addressing that point, so why the fuck are they coming here to spoil this speech? They might as well have spat in my face.

Instead they picked out the parts which they could link to my previous poster's subject and concentrated solely on those points.

Report Post Tip

I thank you for the compliment Alabama, it is always great to receive praise from someone of your great stature..

The truth is i would like to see more of a combination of new blood and those who have not had an opportunity  in bold. the truth is the training and development has to be there within the crews as they rank especially to test how they cope with the pressure and tasks and see how their decisions would in theory impact a family for the better or worse.

I often see those with enthusiasm for the streets, within their family for multiple tasks or those who could develop have an element or two missing from leadership and in some cases it can be nurtured or developed in other cases some people have stubborn traits both experienced leaders bloodlines, sly, deviousness which they cannot or will not shake off and they repeat the mistakes of the past or are overlooked.

The truth is families are smaller, I believe is a greater chance to develop the bonds and skills with these, but the truth is, does it happen and how is it evaluated against the limited opportunities available?  how do you choose between 10  equally capable people for one shot at leadership?

Report Post Tip

Ok, if my last response was my indication, I was getting rather tired of dragging this 'speech' which has turned into a 'poster' off on a tangent and I was also getting quite tired but since you don't seem to want this to end, Orithiya. I shall return.

First off, I didn't realize that a poster was hanging on the nearby wall with your entire speech written on it. I heard someone(with a voice eerily similar to yours. Aliens? Maybe) start saying something and I heard somethings I liked and somethings I didn't. I commented on those things, responded to 'criticisms' my comments attracted and then when I grew tired, pulled something out of my 'Playbook of Lame Come-backs' to leave. 

Read this.. Read that... Read what exactly?

Moving on, I am not an immense fan of bringing back speeches which I think are ancient history( unless it pertains to the Statue of Beardus, in which case I am all for it) hence, when you left the door open for me to pursue a topic thanks to careless(no?) selection of words to phrase a variation 'I am not a good example', I did so. 

If you come onto these Streets and expect people to just give the type of answers you want them to give, then I feel quite sorry for you.

Report Post Tip

Gods forgive me, It was the Statue of Bearderus.  Kinda shitty time to fuck up...

P.S: IT IS NOT DESTROYED.

Report Post Tip

No... I expect people to stay on topic though McLuvin.

You didn't pick at the rest of my speech until Blaise pointed some of it out to you. You just came in shouting and screaming from the hilltops that you agreed with tony.

So, I'm calling bullshit there.

I wasn't asking you to bring back a speech at all, I was asking that you keep relevance to the poster at hand. If you wanted to question my anonymity further, you could have gone right where you spoke about it before (http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/357398#47291429), instead you chose here.

I've found a lot of what yourself and tony have said to be entirely disrespectful considering it had MUCH more relevance elsewhere. For all the respect you had gained from me for your ventures out into the streets you just lost in an instant.

You have basically hijacked my speech and turned it a tit-for-tat about whether I meant to play the "Who Am I?" game or not.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Report Post Tip

Do YOU have a chance of progression? I mean, seriously... are you always going to just be a respected Made+ or will you take that next step and become a RH/LH or even run a family of your own? Do you believe that opportunity is going to come for you?

Personally, No. I don't actually believe that opportunity will ever come to me. Do I think I wouldn't be good at it? No. I just don't have the belief that I will be given the opportunity.

Now I think the better question is, Will I let my own belief at never getting opportunity affect how I work for my Crewleader? My answer simply is no. Just because I don't believe it will happen doesn't mean eventually it couldn't. However, in the mean time I have a great respect for AlabamaWorley and I wouldn't work in any less capacity for her then I would if I believed I could get authed from the same work.

I don't always do things just to get something in return. It feels just as good to be able to help in any capacity within your family, or district just because you can rather than expecting anything from it..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

So based on your definition you gave you're not bringing attention to something negative in order to, as you said so yourself prove a point and shed light on something negative? So you gave proper definition of something you said yourself you were doing to only prove that my title of your actions was correct and you were wrong? 

Yet you argue your own point and definition. 

Enough said I'm done with this conversation. 

Report Post Tip

Disgraceful? Kind of a strong word, wouldn't you think? but sure, different people, different standards and all that jazz. 

You expect people to stay on topic? for every speech? Well, when Seibur came to these Streets to try and have a 'wake' of sorts for his deceased crew, you saw fit to go rogue. You expect people to extend you the courtesy that you refuse to extend others? Seriously? Cool.

I responded to your entire speech with what I thought was quite a mild-mannered approach. Quite diplomatic and neutral. Also, I had responded to your entire speech. Just a couple miles behind the party line. The generic 'I don't really want any trouble' response.

However, as I did hang around to listen to the conversations that developed, I felt compelled to butt in. Again, allow me to refresh your memory, I tried to, as calmly as I could, explain what tony's gripe was with you but meh when people asked me questions that either originated from a desire to belittle my intelligence or to display a lower level of their intelligence, I felt almost morally compelled to respond with the tone that I have adopted for my responses thus far.

As for you loosing all the respect you had for me.... tempted to just go 'Kk' again but nah even the great 'Playbook of Lame Come-backs' does not suggest me using such a deadly weapon twice.

Report Post Tip

Anything I say to you now McLuvin is me just repeating myself, so I'll let you have the last word that you obviously crave and move on.

Excellent point ChaoticAngel!

I'd not even mentioned that point of view in my original post. But of course, you are right! There are quite a few amongst our midst that are content to just be a loyal servant to their boss and expect little to nothing in return because of the respect they have for their boss.

However, do you not feel people like yourself should be where people are looking for inspiration as to their next auth?

Everything you just told us describes an almost perfect mobster. You want for nothing apart from the betterment of your family and your boss. Shouldn't people who go about their business with little to no fuss like you be the ones who get the chances?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL