Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:49:00
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Legacy of Prem Started by: Flawed on Sep 04, '13 20:34

It is time to take stock, to think back, to reflect, appraise and discuss.

We are all legacies.  We are legacies of our bloodlines, of other’s actions and of the will of the Gods.  Our legacies intersect.

So with this in mind, I turn my attention to someone whose legacy is…  well, what is it?

I’d like to talk about Premeir.

Premeir ruled with an iron fist, responsible for the deaths of so many, he was someone who was genuinely feared.   But was he respected?  By some, sure.  But not universally.  Was he a leader?  Well, what is a leader.

Prem had one thing, indisputably: presence.  Not necessarily on the Streets, but on the collective minds of everyone else.  Prem had to be taken into consideration before anyone made a significant move.  He impacted, for better or worse.

Did he introduce any lasting cultural changes?  I don’t think so.  Did he influence a style of leadership?  Not sure.

But, he shaped a zeitgeist, the age of dictatorial edicts, mass killings and sheer ruthlessness.  And, of course, the resulting opposition to such.

Following the last time the Prem bloodline held significant rank, it was said that he wouldn’t be allowed to lead again.

I for one would welcome him back.

Your thoughts on this bloodline’s legacy?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

I don't know who that is.

Report Post Tip

I have read about this bloodline in my forefathers journals, I’m sure its safe to say that my great grandfather Prayer was actually killed by part of this bloodline as he slept.

But that is neither here nor there, from what I can recall from the journals about this specific part of the mans bloodline is that he was a leader. He lead in the way the suited him best in a way which he understood best, this more importantly why I think he made it so far, he did things his way and during the time there was very little resistance to stand in his way.

We are all individuals and in saying that we cant all expect to run a family or a city like Prem did, we all have our certain strengths which I think its important to stick to when I comes to leading. Im not saying don’t try new things, im just saying what ever you build your family on, make sure you have a solid base and you can carry through with it.

Anywho, a respected man on my part and a unique style of leading indeed.

Report Post Tip

"Do I come off as an asshole most of the time? Yes
Am I cocky? Yes
Am i the nicest? No" 

[Premeir's description of himself.]

An intriguing gentleman, you either love him or you hate him.
It's hard to remain neutral if you lived during the same era as him and had the ambition of raising to power, since his actions, directly or indirectly, had an effect on yours.
I regard him as a great source of inspiration.

Back then he was the reason for many to take up the gun and walk that path of a hitman, as he had made a habit of killing people, generation after generation, so that the future generations of that bloodline, became more and more of capable killers.

Report Post Tip

Was it unique? In what way?

he would level cities a little quicker than most, he banned things faster than most, he clipped other CLs more readily, but he didn't do much original.

or did he? 

Report Post Tip

Can't bring back the dead, despite being "the coolest" ...

Following every dictator's death, someone states that they'll never be allowed to rule again... (They can't. They're dead.) As for their offspring etc etc, that's a touchier topic. It varies, but usually, one can't keep a powerful bloodline down. 

Report Post Tip

My bloodline goes back longer then a lot of peoples here, and my bloodline worked with prems on several occassions in the old country.  I would never rate prem as the best hitters, i would never even rate him as the most bloodthirsty or the most sly and devious i have worked with.  What prem had in his favour like few others, and many could learn from today is you have to be willing to risk things to change things sometimes, and thats lost on many  and the second thing his bloodline had was they stuck around for a long time unlike many.

We look around regularly and people may moan and groan about problems and do jack shit to try and change it or expect someone else too, prem knew he would be dead after doing things but never cared, was like a scorpion it was his nature.  The truth is one of the things i hate about this place compared to the old world is that anyone can call themselves a hitter these days, and is not that hard to build a great skill.  Targets are regularly available, a list is spoonfed to hitters without them having to use skills of their own for finding in many cases, a skill hitters of time past did for themselves. 

I understand it is easier to hide these days if trained the right way but being a hitter and building notoriety is not hard, the truth is for me, people should be thinking of building their own legacy instead of looking back except to learn from others.   The truth is you don't even have to be a hitter to leave a legacy, whether with writing skills, the ability to teach or the ability to inspire change we all come with different skill sets a section will remember many.

Report Post Tip

I would say most every single leader has a unique style of leading, I don’t think there is a “by the book” style of a way to lead. If there was and everyone led the same way it would be an awfully dull world and very little selection for the new comers to this thing of ours. Im not saying I agree with the constant wars im just saying its different, its something out of the norm that you don’t see on a day to day basis. That is how he made his legacy, you don’t have the like it but it happened and he is remembered for it.

I think it has a lot to do with an individual, what they want, and how they will get to where they want to be. Im not Prem, so I don’t know the reasoning behind why he did things the way he did.

But we are here talking about his bloodline today, so I guess in a twisted sort of way if he wanted to be remembered, he has achieved that.

Report Post Tip

Ahhhhh kuku what a thought? Premier he was one of a kind looking through my journels i seen another so similer to the late premier This man was even more of a buffon more of a disgrace, Then Premier That even Prem could not stand to work for him Phil i dont know the difference between a Mob mail or wack Steak.

Would you like that Clown to return?

I for one would much like Premier he had more class than that other CLOWN

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tell us how you really feel deadmoney...

Report Post Tip

Success Retard

Report Post Tip

Real mature Deadmoney, real mature.

Report Post Tip

Im still reltively new here but sounds like i eathier would have loved or hated premier depending on how things would have worked out and as to the question was he respected i just have to say if he was rightly feared then he was respected because with fear comes a certain amount of respect and that's my two cents.

Report Post Tip

Im still reltively new here but sounds like i eathier would have loved or hated premier depending on how things would have worked out and as to the question was he respected i just have to say if he was rightly feared then he was respected because with fear comes a certain amount of respect and that's my two cents.

I just have to comment on that last part as I completely disagree. Many people speak of Premeir and how he was feared, personally I dont know of any of my bloodline that feared him. In fact, sure he had a reputation for being a great hitman, but the only times when he was truly in power and people had to be wary, were when he had other big dogs backing him. The time that people speak of above I believe is during the Roman era. Roman was the big dog along with The Dean, Premeir got where he was because of the influence of Roman and he stayed where he was because of Roman, it wasn't simply down to anyone fearing Premeir.

With that said, I also don't feel that fearing someone and respecting them are the same. I have a great amount of respect for many leaders in this thing of ours, some I have none at all for. But I can't recall a time where I've feared any of them, thats nothing disrespectful towards them by saying this, it's just that I don't see the point in fearing people. If that person is going to take you out because of things you said or did, would you stop doing these things to preserve your life? I can't say I would, as I wouldn't then be me. I think this is where the fear comes in as those that fear the actions of others allow themselves to be changed and stopped from being themselves through fear of the reaction of these powerful people.

But surely in that scenario, that doesn't mean you respect these people because you fear they would kill you if you stepped out of line? I know personally I wouldn't, but each of us is different as DaKine rightly said, we all have our own way of doing things.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand; Despite not fearing him, nor even liking him, I always respected Premeir for the things he did in this thing of ours. He was a man that had some balls and like I was describing above, he didn't let people change him or stop him from doing things his way, he lived without the fear that people are speaking about and he didn't care if that ended with him sleeping with the fish. Of course he knew he had a certain ability to live in that manner thanks to the friends he had, but its because of how he was that he had those friends in the first place I guess, so really he should be respected for the person he was as thats what ultimately brought him so much success.

Feared though? Nah.

Report Post Tip

With respect to everyone who thought he was a great leader, I didn't think Premier was leading the way he should have. 

What I mean by that is, he was known for blood hunting, banning bloodlines from cities and so forth. It came to a point where if you allowed one of the few people banned from being taken in, you'd face death. Your whole city would more than likely. But then again, Roman was the same way. I completely agree with Miss Worley though stating that he had other big dogs backing him. Roman was his backing and the two were allied as if they were legitimate brothers. It was a great stance.

Premier to me though never truly feared me or sacred me in anyway. He is just a man like everybody else. I will admit though, when someone wanted to make a move you had to take him into great consideration even if he was just a youngster in this life. I wasn't the only person that did this either. Everyone would attempt to remove him during the war first. Everyone knew what he was capable of from his past. 

I never liked the guy and he never liked me either. I don't want him back, I don't think we need him back by any means. What we do need back is more people with backbone like he did. He stood for what he stood for no matter what and wasn't afraid to act on it. 

We do need more people like that though.

Report Post Tip

@ Worley I respect what you believe because the disagreement we have is a philosophical one based entirely on mindset rather than opinion of a single person as premier and im not saying fear and respect are one in the same they are two distinct things but usually if you are feared you are to some lesser degree respected because there must be some basis for that fear and I mean you can indefinitely go onward with that argument as there are different kinds of respect like when you say your respect your leaders a great deal but do not fear them that's respect gained threw admiration or adoration and so on etc and to finish because Ive gone a bit off topic being feared is a tricky thing because as it was said before you have to be feared but not hated otherwise the respect turns into disdain and revulsion towards said person and yah just wanted to clear up what i had meant no disrespect or anything intended.

Report Post Tip

He was feared because he liked to kill, so people had to take care not to give him a pretence to strike.  As he got more power, he had less reason not to kill. 

Yes, he got a lot of help along the way, other people, as well as Roman, aided his rise. And it's true that without this backing, he wouldn't have been as powerful. 

But, let's face it, he's made more of an impact than, say, Kurtz on the popular psyche, even though Kurtz was a leader and skilled, respected and feared tour de force.

Report Post Tip

The legacy of Prem was quite simple

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

One of my ancestors worked for Premeir, in his journals i could read only best things about Premeir.

Report Post Tip

I have to say I respected this mafioso a great amount he was indeed very feared and very respected at the time of his reign. I didn't fear him personally nor did my CL at the time in St Louis.

But....

Like Alabama said there is a big difference between respect and fear. Its like any Godfather that rises to power. They have to do things and kill people to ensure of their city safety by any cost. This world is cut throat so you have to do what you need to survive and not show weakness. Some may think that it was unjust and others may think the total opposite. But remember these people were put into power for a reason. For the best interest of the city. 

Think about it in certain situations what would you do. Everyone is different.

​Now when it came to blood lining. That was one thing I couldn't stand about Him and Roman at the time. Now I was never ever blood lined  but I feel its bullshit at times. But then again. You and I all know when a blood line that returns to these shores 9 out of 10 times they inherit the same ways of their forefathers. But I'm always about giving people chances and benefit of doubt. But what can I say some say that could be course of alot of down falls, I can tell you that was one of mine. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Legacy of Prem
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL