Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 05:25:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Legacy of Teq Started by: Flawed on Sep 16, '13 13:44

The Teq bloodline is one of the most diverse bloodlines to have existed on these shores.  There is a duality to Teq's ancestry that isn't immediately obvious.  His bloodline has, to use a word, been bilateral, literally two different preferences, on show for all and sundry.

I remember an upstart called CreamCheese, shooting his way to the top, taking the world by storm.  Then, the Teq bloodline was a match for anyone.  My blood wasn't really renowned at this stage, but a few casual observations were made.  

With time, the Teq bloodline was variously a hotheaded clown, high ranking company man or expert assassin.  He was, along with others, famously banned from many cities (see Prem's legacy).  

Teq has been honoured, beguiled, mocked, respected, bloodline hunted.  He has contributed to the Streets reasonably well, he has had a leading role in wars and his blood has ran a crew or two.

Why, then, is the Teq bloodline not instantly mentioned in the same breath as the greats?

That's what I'd like to discuss.  Why despite the longevity, the experiences with men and women, the notable exploits, the infamous coffee shop.... Why isn't the Teq bloodline considered worthy of mention alongside Prem, STAE, Roman and others? 

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">My most recent intel has revealed that the latest incarnation of Teq is a transvestite who regularly plays, fairly skillfully, at poker.  One wonders whether Teq is disguising himself or fulfilling long held sexual desires with his </font>sartorial stylings.<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> </font>

Report Post Tip

The Teq bloodline is one of the most diverse bloodlines to have existed on these shores.  There is a duality to Teq's ancestry that isn't immediately obvious.  His bloodline has, to use a word, been bilateral, literally two different preferences, on show for all and sundry.

I remember an upstart called CreamCheese, shooting his way to the top, taking the world by storm.  Then, the Teq bloodline was a match for anyone.  My blood wasn't really renowned at this stage, but a few casual observations were made.  

With time, the Teq bloodline was variously a hotheaded clown, high ranking company man or expert assassin.  He was, along with others, famously banned from many cities (see Prem's legacy).  

Teq has been honoured, beguiled, mocked, respected, bloodline hunted.  He has contributed to the Streets reasonably well, he has had a leading role in wars and his blood has ran a crew or two.

Why, then, is the Teq bloodline not instantly mentioned in the same breath as the greats?

That's what I'd like to discuss.  Why despite the longevity, the experiences with men and women, the notable exploits, the infamous coffee shop.... Why isn't the Teq bloodline considered worthy of mention alongside Prem, STAE, Roman and others? 

My most recent intel has revealed that the latest incarnation of Teq is a transvestite who regularly plays, fairly skillfully, at poker.  One wonders whether Teq is disguising himself or fulfilling long held sexual desires with his 

Report Post Tip

Pardon my lack of knowledge here who is STAE?

Report Post Tip

SamTheAmericanEagle

Report Post Tip

.org?

Report Post Tip

As I recall STAE or Sam the American Eagle was Shuki on .org before it became whatever the hell it is now.  He basically was given a Don account (STAE) when everyone else started as a gangster. 

Long story short abunch of people were given Don accounts to run a city after they won a last man standing admin comp.  The other winning accounts were all inactive.

Shuki may have been a good player but it wasn't from the STAE account in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

Can someone help these two with OOC-itis??

We are getting off topic.

Why isn't the Teq bloodline mentioned with the great men of this thing?  And women. Both, men and women.

Why isn't Teq's bloodline considered and often mentioned alongside the greats?

Report Post Tip

Maybe because despite being a good mafioso, he's not achieved or done anything of note?

There are loads of men and women that have lived and died in this thing of ours, lots of them were good people and have had great children and grand children, but that doesn't make them "A" Great. Personally I tend to count those that actually change the status quo when they reach power, whether for good or bad, as the people worth remembering.

Many people remember a man named MrEvilMan, most forget he cheated. Many remember a man named UncleNicky, many ignore that he was highly hated during his reign. Both these men achieved great power through different methods, both are viewed in different circles as legends of a bygone era.

There are many many others that are like these men and have achieved notoriety and thats because of the things they did, not because of who they were. The bloodline of TeQ has been someone I have gained great respect for and my bloodline has had the pleasure of working with his on many occassions, but like I said before, there isn't anything of note that he has done which would see him mentioned in the same breath as people like UncleNicky.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not true, Ms Worley.

as CreamCheese he sought and achieved power in a stunningly audacious way. 

what did UN do? Why was he hated? 

Report Post Tip

The same reason most are hated, he had the power and was in control of the world.

Report Post Tip

I guess the difference for UN was how he organized ruthless aggression and he knew he didn't have to pull the trigger he had people who did it with great pleasure.  I have never seen the same sadism or malevolence in teq.  Plus it is as much a leader as the members and the time it is done.  I find it is harder to shock people no or make people go wow as we are at a stage where is not as uncommon for a 4 figure gun where i remember a three figure gun being a shock once.

As for the difference with STAE, he re-organised a world and organised the systematic annihilation of different people and some of it as done slyly so to deflect from him.

Report Post Tip

I knew that when my butt started to itch, someone was  Talkin bout a revolution - Yah know...

Anyway, to address the point, the answer to the question really is in the question itself.

" There is a duality to Teq's ancestry that isn't immediately obvious.  His bloodline has, to use a word, been bilateral, literally two different preferences,"

Memory is a weird thing.  Most of the time, we tend to remember things that repeatably leave an impression in our minds. We need permanence to establish a long lasting memory engram.

In TeQ's case, one never knows what to expect (aside for the Spanish Inquisition), and thus that indelible impression that creates public "fame" never really burned itself in to the public consciousnesses.

FYI STAE, I have a old dusty picture on my wall from his time.  I must have picked it up in some antique store.

http://mysite.verizon.net/~maeir/missed.JPG

You can see him there in his usual spot, top left side of the population list...

.....Come to think of it, I'm sitting in his spot!

Report Post Tip

The Spanish Inquisition...??

Report Post Tip

Toy is in the streets and hears a question that has been plaguing Flawed for what seems like a long time. 

Flawed,

you can have the best account in the game and still not be mentioned among the greats. ill use myself as an example. My Great GReat Great Grandfather Aang did many thing that were worthy of note during his life time. He was mentioned by his CL at the time as the best Earner in the family. He was told by a certain someone who is now a Godfather in Chicago that his death would not have been in vain. During the war Aangs  Son continued where Aang left off and continued to help fund the war and eventually helped bring down the remaining crew in PHI. Aang is still not mentioned to be among the greats in this thing of ours. 

Even now, I have for the first time in my families history made the cut to be in a GF crew and have built an account that has surpassed that of my Great Great Great Grandfather Aang and i still would not be bold enough to count myself among the greats in this world of ours. 

I would venture to agree with Alabama on this issue that you seem to bring up. If Teq didnt do anything on his account worthy enough to be counted among the greats, then he is without question, not among them.

Report Post Tip

Flawed: Not true, Ms Worley.

as CreamCheese he sought and achieved power in a stunningly audacious way. 

what did UN do? Why was he hated? 

AlabamaWorley: The same reason most are hated, he had the power and was in control of the world.

Rathbone overhears a conversation between Flawed and AlabamaWorley, listens for a minute, then opens his mouth to speak...

From what my forefathers have passed down; UncleNicky came around during an interesting time. MrEvilman had been a ruthless tyrant to many, shooting down families left and right at his own desire. When UncleNicky, a/k/a UN, took down MrEvilman, a/k/a MEM, a lot of people celebrated this action. The celebration didn't last long, however, when UncleNicky began placing restrictions on ranking, targeting those with well-trained guns and started forgetting some of the people that had helped him in his struggles to reach the top. In this sense, Ms. Worley is absolutely correct. UN used his power to control this world and frankly, his policies weren't favorable to a majority of those outside his inner-circle. 

This is why he was "hated" by many, though it shouldn't detract from the significant success he had in this world. His takedown of MEM alone, was (and is) an important subject in the history of this world, in my humble opinion. So, love him or hate him, UN's accomplishments have earned him a name around here.

Just my two cents...

With that, Rathbone closes his mouth and looks around.

Report Post Tip

TeQ is an amazing character, an amazing person as well. He's also a friend. However, like those final names you said, he is a controversial character, who at times in my opinion has made questionable decisions, even ones that I wouldn't always agree with at all.

He is a skillful player, in almost every facet, except for being a bit crazy. All brilliant minds are in some way; they have to be.

His last run was fun. He was my Lola, my lady luck at the poker table, and I asked him ASL several times though he pointed out it was rude to ask this of a lady. We never kissed...

As for if he should be put in with those names, I would argue that he did not have an extended reign, which separates him from the others. However, in a different list made up of top ten bloodlines, based on effort and skill, he would be up there, without a question. 

Sidenote: STAE was badass. His bloodline still is in many ways, but it's not the same. His bloodline's really notable feats are sadly antiquated though we still do talk about them regularly. I would like to see one of  those in his line rise up again instead of lurking, but it's doubtful.

Report Post Tip

SATE lurks, you say?

Punisher and Ganelon are names that resonate.  And when NY had Deimne at the top and a good few only slightly less able Dons below, they constituted the most epic powerhouse that this thing has ever seen.  IMHO.

Report Post Tip

Oh STAE doesn't lurk at all... 

We haven't mentioned DeadlySin. In that short list of yours, he should probably have been mentioned. He did have a powerhouse, and it was for an extended time. There are some others from before Roman too, but yeah. 

Report Post Tip

we can add Phil_Steak to that list as well

Report Post Tip

No disrespect to DS, but he was a rather generic leader - nothing to make him stand out.  Deimne presided over intense growth, Scipita had a very distinctive style, Prem had a basic, yet unique, style, Teq embraces the masculine and feminine, they all have things that make them different.

But DS?  PS?  Nah...  Same ol'

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Legacy of Teq
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL